Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 day tour (thailand)

Posted by vinespino03 on 26/5/2013 at 05:56

hi there. anyone help me for a 3 day tour in thailand. Below is my itinerary. I'm looking also for a travel agency who can make for me a short tour. then any cheapest airlines from bangkok to Myanmar? Thailand ( Phuket ) A.Elephant Show B· Old Phuket Town Travel to Bangkok (4 to 6 hours) Second Class Train Day 2 (Bangkok) A· Ancient Tour B· Pod Fai Market C· Night â€" Vertigo and Moon Bar Day 3 A· Floating Market ( B· River Kwai C· Park Society (tentative) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,439 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by vinespino03 on 27/5/2013 at 09:53

Can't drink alcohol due to allergy will this affect me socially backpacking

Posted by Mikeg500 on 17/5/2013 at 21:21

I am planning on doing a 3 month trip to Southeast Asia alone. I am 22 year old guy and I need to do something alone and I love travel. I'm from a place where not many people I know travel or do anything out of the "normal daily grind". I've been researching a lot about backpacking and I have about 5000 dollars saved up which I think will be enough. Anyways, I am a pretty social guy. I have no trouble with conversations and meeting people at all. BUT almost all i've read about travelin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,331 times, with 100 replies. Last reply by sayadian on 27/5/2013 at 02:34

White water rafting near Ranong

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 26/5/2013 at 20:30

Anyone know much about this? Place is called Phato ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,168 times, with no replies.

15 days northern thailand

Posted by lavalette on 25/5/2013 at 07:13

hello folks, just need some help. i chose to leave 15 days out of 28 for north thailand (Jan 2014). I was thinking of doing Chiang Mai-Thaton- Mae salong- Chiang Rai and back to CM. Is it realistic in 15 days? Also would you advise me to fly to CM straight on my arrival and leave BKK for last? As for the remainder, was thinking to spend them in krabi as there's so much u can do, and seems to be quieter than phuket. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,596 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 26/5/2013 at 08:39

Nong Khai bars

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 23/5/2013 at 10:43

This there a folk/country music venue that's worth checking out? What about a sports bar that shows league games? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,114 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 26/5/2013 at 08:37

5 weeks in October/November

Posted by irogulska on 26/5/2013 at 01:27

My bf and I are planning a 5 week trip to Thailand October 15-Nov 20th 2013 and need some guidance.. We want to start off in Bangkok, train up to Chiang Mai for a couple days and then fly down to the southern part. We know its the end of the rainy season during that time, but I am a little worried we might be stuck in the rain. Any advice? -is it a good plan to fly into Bangkok and take a train to Chiang Mai, then fly down South? Or is there a better way? -How is the weather in the southern ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,546 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 26/5/2013 at 07:48

24 Solo traveller mid-aug

Posted by SoloH on 22/5/2013 at 17:41

Hi everyone I'm 24y,male I'm planning on going to thailand for 2 weeks to 20 days in mid august 2013. gonna be travelling solo, I'm planning to relax & have a lot of fun and adventures after spending a whole year of continuous studying :p engineering is never easy. I would love to meet other travelers to hang out, party or do some activities. I'm open minded and easy to get along with. xD i think so. don't hesitate to share your plans with me or Kik me (i7saino). ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,298 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SoloH on 26/5/2013 at 07:39

self guided bike tour

Posted by chasedog94 on 23/5/2013 at 10:04

Has anyone used the self guided bike tour service from Click and Travel bike tours from Chiang Mai? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,045 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by chasedog94 on 26/5/2013 at 01:03

One month Itinerary - please critique!

Posted by mikefly on 19/5/2013 at 18:30

Hi, Please take a look at my initial stab at an itinerary. We'll be a couple with a 1 year old baby. We are experienced and adventurous travellers, but this is our first time travelling internationally with a baby. We speak no Thai. We are looking to get ever so slightly off the beaten track once, and travel overland once. Is Mae Hong Son is a good choice for this? (Any alternative suggestions that would fit with the rest of our route?) Does it look like we have too much, or too little tim ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,486 times, with 24 replies. Last reply by Geer1 on 25/5/2013 at 13:32

Honeymoon in April

Posted by Huskybabe on 19/5/2013 at 10:49

Hi there! Does anyone have any suggestions on Honeymooning in Thailand in April? We are looking for peace and quiet and being spoilt in low rise individual accommodation. The weather is very confusing on various sites, but having been to Maldives at the beginning of rainy season I'm assuming its the half hour torrential downpour then back to glorious sunshine afterwards??!! We would like SOME kind of local life with restaurants & bars etc around us to escape the hotel but not really party an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,513 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Huskybabe on 25/5/2013 at 11:00

online train ticket booking

Posted by alex82 on 23/5/2013 at 10:57

Hello, We are going next week to Thailand and are planning to make a round in southeast Asia for 3 months without prefixed date, and his is why we don't have a ticket back to the original destination (Beirut). But we have been told by the Thais embassy, the travel company and many people (and we have been reading on the net) that there are chances they won't let us in Thailand without an onward ticket. So we thought we buy a train or bus ticket to any neighboring country. But we cannot seem to f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,675 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 25/5/2013 at 00:10

14 days in Thailand with six month old; Bangkok, Beach, something else and FOOD!

Posted by orejas on 16/5/2013 at 10:00

As I'm absolutely, brand spanking new on this forum, let me shortly introduce myself. Hi! I'm a 30something year old, with girlfriend and a six month old daughter. I've travelled around a bit in recent years. Absolute favorite? Isla de Ometepe in Nicaragua. Easily. Cheapest (and scariest) hotel? $3 (US) for a double with aircon in La Ceiba, Honduras. Most relaxing? A beachfront bungalow on Lombok or farm stay in Tuscany. Now that we intimately know one another, I would love to get your help on s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,713 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by orejas on 24/5/2013 at 04:37

Getting from Chiang Mai to Siem Reap.

Posted by Arikara1985 on 22/5/2013 at 23:18

Ok, so the whole visa thing got me worried a bit because I am going for 35 days. I was thinking of trying to get a cheap flight to Cambodia for that part (I'll come back with 15 days left in my trip). I was hoping to get something cheap and that would save me the most amount of time. Was hoping I could get to Siem Reap from Chiang Mai. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,923 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Arikara1985 on 23/5/2013 at 21:16

Koh Samui and Koh Tao trips

Posted by shaungt08 on 20/5/2013 at 03:37

Just wondering how much the average trip is in Koh Samui and Koh Tao. i.e. jungle trekking and elephant rides etc. any help would be appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,085 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 23/5/2013 at 10:41

First time in Thailand

Posted by deanna1990 on 17/5/2013 at 14:13

Im a 23 year old English female traveling Thailand for the first time in December this year, I will be going for 3 months and traveling solo. Can anyone tell me a first hostel to stay at when I arrive in Bangkok and other information or advice would be extremely appreciated because I am a little nervous on what to expect. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,884 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by RichardKay on 22/5/2013 at 20:57

Thailand in January with baby

Posted by Architeuthis on 12/10/2011 at 21:18

Hello fellow fishies... Me and my girlfriend will spend the whole January 2012 in Thailand. We will be travelling with our 7 month old son. It will be our 4th time in Thailand, but the first with the little bugger. As fixed point during our travels will be Bangkok, (for arrival and adjusting to the climate, 3-4 days perhaps) Ayutthaya (for some temple visits) and then south to Khao lak for some divetrips and beautiful sunsets. We are planning to take the plane home from Phuket. There is still ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,691 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by mikefly on 22/5/2013 at 12:56

Chumphon hotel and train

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 20/5/2013 at 08:08

Looking for a hotel in the 1000-1500 baht range and also I read that it pays to buy a train ticket in advance to secure a good seat. Should we buy from the train station the day before or another way? We would be heading north to Prachuap afterwards. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,849 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by amnicoll on 21/5/2013 at 05:36

Visa?

Posted by scandiphile on 19/5/2013 at 16:28

Hey guys, I just want to clear up a visa question I have about Thailand. I'm flying into Bangkok on June 13 and will spend 2.5-3 weeks in Thailand, but will then go to Cambodia for 2 months. I'll then return to Thailand to fly out of BKK on September 11. Considering I won't actually be in Thailand over 30 days, but my flight makes it appear that way, do I need to get Thai tourist visa? I'd prefer to take a bus to Phnom Penh, so I don't want to have to buy an onward flight to Cambodia to prove th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,482 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by scandiphile on 20/5/2013 at 12:28

Travelling to BKK from SIN

Posted by Silogan_n_riky on 18/5/2013 at 08:06

Anybody going to bangkok this 5/24 from Singapore? Can anybody recommend a good guesthouse? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,182 times, with no replies.

Slightly nervous solo 25yr m thailand 2014

Posted by Zakpriestley on 10/5/2013 at 01:45

Hi guys ive posted before but like an idiot wrote the wrong dates(not a good start) I will be flying to thailand feb 2014 all alone to get away from life and have an adventure,I have a few rough plans but nothing set in stone. The bit I'm worried is gettin of the plane and feeling totally alone!!! Is anyone flyin at the same time and happy to meet for a drink whilst we/I get my bearings and maybe travel abit if are plans match?or can someone recommend where I can meet like minded people in Bangk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,553 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Osho on 18/5/2013 at 04:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page