Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where to stay in phuket?

Posted by chicoelnino on 11/5/2013 at 15:01

Myself and my girlfriend are moving to Thailand in July. We are planning on rent an apartment for a few months around phuket area. We've been there before but only the stay a few weeks, nothing longer. So this time we want to know where we should look for possible places to stay. Any online website recommendations for us to check and research? Any help would be much appreciated guys and girls. Thanks in advance. Carlo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,714 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Girovai on 13/5/2013 at 00:27

When is the best time to go?

Posted by Brad9290 on 10/5/2013 at 07:29

I'm a student and have just finished my third year, and have saved money from my 21st to go travelling. I have roughly £4000 before my flight to spend so reckon I could do a good couple of months there with the aim to go Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. I am looking to do the experience by myself but I'm currently unsure when to go. My graduation is in July, so I am not sure whether to go straight after that or wait until February time and earn some more money. The reason for this is because I'm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,595 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 12/5/2013 at 07:54

Solo traveller Male 23 - Thailand

Posted by DeeDee23 on 10/5/2013 at 06:12

Hi Guys, I'm a 23 y o male solo traveller from Indonesia. Im heading out to Phuket on 26 May 2013 and planning to go to koh phi phi too. I am flexible about timings and the order, but it would be nice to team up with people who are along the same routes! I am planning to stay in Bangla road, phuket go to rassada pier and take a ferry to koh phi phi. Let me know if you are in the same rout and want to travel together. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,568 times, with no replies.

Local feeling

Posted by gerardoBCN on 6/5/2013 at 11:27

Hi all, I'm planning to visit Thailand for a second time next november. This time I would like to get more of the local lifestile and share some time with local people. I will try rent a bedroom in sites like Airbnb or Wimdu insted of going to hostels so I can meet local people and families. Do you have more recomendations? Is there a site or anything to meet local people or do local activities? I'm planing to visit also Malaysia and Singapore so I will put a similar post in that forum. Any help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,279 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by DLuek on 9/5/2013 at 09:52

To Koh or not to Koh? - Itinerary advice for Thailand and Laos

Posted by CaptainScott on 8/5/2013 at 08:46

I know you must get sick of these itinerary advice threads, but here goes. I have my flights booked already so the period of time I have to spend in the region is fixed at 3 weeks. I would like to get a brief taste of both Thailand and Laos in the limited time I have, and consider this a reccie for future more in-depth trips. I had originally planned to do the northern Thailand and Laos classic loop, then finish up with 4 nights on Koh Chang for some beach time. However, I am currently torn bet ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,828 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by CaptainScott on 9/5/2013 at 07:56

Phi Phi Updates

Posted by tezza on 8/5/2013 at 06:14

I got back to Phi Phi in March. Below are some things new to me: -TON SAI TOWN - a new dorm place on the cross-isthmus path not far inland from the eastern end of Loh Dalum beach - PHI PHI BACKPACKER: aircon dorms with hot showers for 300. Gotta be a bargain for Phi Phi in what is still considered high season. Phi Phi pretty busy, so I guess they are kinda right about that. -TON SAI BAY - there is a bunch of mainly budget places across on the eastern shore of the bay - accessed by taking the pat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,801 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Snookieboi on 9/5/2013 at 02:00

Where to get beer on Ko Yao Noi

Posted by daydreamfarmer on 6/5/2013 at 14:15

I'm aware that Ko Ya Noi is a Muslim island and alcohol isn't readily available but does the 7-11 on Ko Yao Noi sell beer or do you have to go to a restaurant/bar or resort to grab a cold one? I'm not looking to party my brains out (otherwise I wouldn't be going to Ko Yao Noi), I'd just like to be able to grab a couple of beers to enjoy back at my shack. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,461 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by 9preciousGems on 8/5/2013 at 16:17

Ko Lipe Update

Posted by tezza on 6/5/2013 at 00:44

I got back to Lipe this March for the first time since Dec2009. I have submitted a Review in the travelfish PLACES section which concentrates on outlining the beaches. Here are a few other things I noticed: THE NORTH COAST IS BOOMING. The north end of Andaman (Sunrise) plus Sunset and Bila beaches have had accommodation for some time but now just about every small patch of sand on the north coast now has one or two bungalow joints. From east to west: -Immediately west of Mountain Resort are two ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,994 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by tezza on 7/5/2013 at 23:28

Volunteach Thailand

Posted by liatb on 2/5/2013 at 01:45

Hi- I am planning on volunteering in Thailand for about 6 months Oct-March on the program 'Volunteach Thailand'. Has anyone ever volunteered through them that cares to share about their experience? Much appreciated, Liat. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,733 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ThaiStick on 7/5/2013 at 03:13

Bangkok to Cambodia - new direct gov't bus route - Scambodia persists!

Posted by drewdogy on 6/5/2013 at 23:15

Hi All, Just took the new direct bus from Bangkok (Mo Chit) to Siem Reap yesterday (service started on Feb 22nd, 2013). Since the bus is operated by the Transport Co (i.e. Gov't bus), we thought that we might avoid the problems at the Cambodian border associated with the long standing mafia. Much to our dismay, it seems that the Transport Co's bus drivers on are currently on the take. Be aware of Scambodia!! (Detailed in the LP's 2012 Cambodia guide on page 350) Just before reaching the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,855 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Snookieboi on 7/5/2013 at 02:13

Thai visa problems - flying with emirates

Posted by ehartley on 30/1/2013 at 06:33

Hi everyone I've recently booked flights with emirates, flying in Bangkok end of April, and back home frmo Bangkok end of August. I am aware of the 30day/15 day Thai visa, and will not be spending more than 30 days in Thailand at any one time, so no problems there However, I was told by the airline that I may have problems when checking in...as I will not have a visa for what will appear to be 3 month stay. Has anyone else had this problem? I explained I would have proof of onward travel ie a f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,129 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by owenjones on 6/5/2013 at 19:01

visa from travel agent

Posted by boaby on 6/5/2013 at 01:12

Was in atravel agent he other day and got speaking abou visa's to the woman in tne shop she old me she could get a 1 year visa for 20000 Bt wihout me leaving the country all i need to do is hand in passport How risky is this and is it above board ? anyone heard anthying similliar? cheers boaby ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,306 times, with no replies.

bangkok 8th may

Posted by ricardo4 on 21/4/2013 at 12:24

Im arriving in bangkok wednesday morning for a few weeks in thailand, ive no real set plans except im guna stay in bangkok for a few days before heading south! How far is it from the airport to down town bangko k? And does anyone have any ideas where i should go and what to do the first few days? Im travelling alone if anyone would like to meet up! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,837 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Jasonscottball on 5/5/2013 at 16:35

Best place to see billions of stars?

Posted by Starving_Sound on 2/5/2013 at 02:49

I've always lived in areas that - although not quite big cities - were too bright to see stars. I never knew until one day where there wasn't any civilization that you could look up and see a literal soup of stars up in the sky. I've only seen it for that week and never again. Does anybody know the best places in Thailand to maybe see something like that again? Especially somewhere that is beautiful itself. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,021 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Starving_Sound on 4/5/2013 at 23:18

Buying and Renting Out a Condo

Posted by Starving_Sound on 3/5/2013 at 01:13

If "my mom" who is Thai bought a place in Thailand so that "she" could rent it out and I could have a place to stay when I want when I come back to Thailand does anybody have suggestions? I'm talking a place where "she" could get a good return on the investment by frequent renters. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,289 times, with no replies.

Kanchanaburi or Sangkhlaburi?

Posted by travelingalpaca on 1/5/2013 at 09:27

Hello! I will have six full days in Bangkok upon arriving in Thailand before I move on to the southern part of the country. After reading these forums, so many people have posted about how great Kanchanaburi and Sangkhlaburi are. So here's my question -- with six days in Bangkok, should I just hang around Bangkok and see the sights for all six days? Or should I break away from the city and head to Kanchanaburi and/or Sangkhlaburi for a few days? And if I don't have time for both, would ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,154 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Geer1 on 2/5/2013 at 22:21

Where are the hot young tourist places in Thailand?

Posted by shaneforan1 on 27/4/2010 at 13:18

I will be spending 6 weeks spread out between Thailand, Laos and Cambodia (arriving May 5)... my friend and I have decided it would be best to avoid Bangkok at this point but upon arrival before we enter relaxation phase, we would like to meet young tourists to go out and party with. Does anyone have any recommendations where we should go after arriving? I realize this might seem like a semi-immature question but it will be my 23rd b-day may 5 and I'd like to surround myself with other people ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,307 times, with 36 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 2/5/2013 at 05:38

Air travel within Thailand and Cambodia

Posted by anneve on 29/4/2013 at 14:56

We are planning a trip to Thailand in June with a side trip to Siem Reap . We are starting in Bangkok and then want to visit Chiang Mai , Koh Samui and Siem Reap -- although it does not have to be in that order. So far, the best airfare I can find would involve flying on Bangkok Air within Thailand to Chiang Mai and Koh Samui, then returning to Bangkok to fly roundtrip to Siem Reap on Cambodia Angkor Air. The price is about $670 per person. Is there a less expensive way to do this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,006 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by kdzy on 1/5/2013 at 18:20

Updates from Krabi

Posted by freiburger on 30/4/2013 at 06:44

Arrived on Sunday for a lazy week in Krabi, but lots of things going on here I just would like to let you know: Starting around last week they took out all stones of the sidewalks, only leaving sand and dust. This happened on both sides of the main road leading up the hill a little further passed McDonalds. Heading into rain season this is really bad after heavy rainfall. Tried to walk there yesterday night but it was impossible, so you have to share the road at night with the traffic. Not real ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,902 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by freiburger on 30/4/2013 at 21:23

Ayuttha Bike Tour

Posted by atarigangster on 29/4/2013 at 21:29

Anyone done or heard of cycling tours of Ayuttha? Looking at it as an option for one of my days while in Bangkok. While the average 25KM of cycling seemingly required on most tours might kill me it seems like an awesome way to see the city in a guided fashion. Cycling and looking at maps would likely kill me anyway. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,276 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page