Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

37 days Thailand and Cambodia in August.

Posted by Arikara1985 on 15/3/2013 at 18:43

So I got my flight booked, I arrive in Bangkok on the 17th of August and will be there for 37 days. Going solo and it will be my first trip like this (to be honest, never really been outside of Canada). I just wanted to get some time suggestions based on what I currently have planned. Bangkok - 4 days From here I wanted to go north and see Chiang Mai. From the north I plan on going into Cambodia. I want to keep this second between 6-10 days max. Kanchanaburi - ? Sukothai - ? Chiang Mai - 2 days ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,124 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by Arikara1985 on 20/4/2013 at 01:17

Itinerary Help - 5-6 Weeks in June (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia)

Posted by plew10 on 22/3/2010 at 02:09

Planning a 5-6 week trip to Thailand and a bit of Laos and Cambodia this June/July. Any thoughts/advice on this rough itinerary would be greatly appreciated! Any places where we should spend more/less time? Any places we'll be close to that we shouldn't miss? This is our first SE Asia trip so we want to get around and see as much as possible, but also have some time to relax and not be too rushed. 1-3: BKK (overnight train to Chiang Mai) 4-8: Chiang Mai 9-12: Chiang Dao (2 day trek) 13-1 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,230 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Rogkimr on 19/4/2013 at 18:00

First trip to Thailand for around 18 days

Posted by Scotsgirl on 17/4/2013 at 07:30

Hi everyone! I plan to travel to Thailand in January 2014 with my husband. We are 26/27 year olds. We plan to fly into Bangkok and stay for 2 nights. From then onwards we are looking for some tips on where to visit... (I had originally hoped we could see a bit of Cambodia and Vietnam too but I am now thinking it will be too much to fit in and we won't really get a good feel of the places) So...ideally we would like to see 2 or 3 different locations in Thailand. We like trekking, culture, wil ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,123 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 19/4/2013 at 11:52

Confused as to which Thai Visa to apply for?

Posted by chicoelnino on 16/4/2013 at 12:29

I want a 60 day visa so I apply for a tourist visa, double entry tourist visa or triple entry tourist visa?? I don't understand what each one means. Say I want to stay 60 days, and then stay for another 60 days after that - what visa do I apply for then? What is the "number of desired entries" on the application relating to? Sorry for the basic questions, it's just I'm a little confused at the moment. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,722 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by KirstyB on 18/4/2013 at 10:47

Thailand & Cambodia July/August for a few months, anybody want to join?

Posted by MiaCoral on 16/4/2013 at 14:36

Hello I'm hoping to head off to Bangkok some time in July/Aug.. 2013 Spend some time in the city .. party,shop,drink? Then off to anywhere by the beach, followed by islands galore.. maybe head to the other side of Thailand to do the same thing? No time limit on this.. When finished in Thailand, catch a flight to Cambodia - A few days in Phnom Penh partying and exploring then down to the coast Sihanoukville .. also followed by islands As you can see.. pretty flexible plan really. Nothing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,675 times, with no replies.

Phuket, Koh Tao, Koh Sok info

Posted by Ontheroad5 on 14/4/2013 at 19:30

We will be traveling to Thailand the first week of June. We are flying into Phuket , renting a car, driving to Chumphon and boating to KoaTao. Our return trip will be through Koh Sok. Has anyone been on the overnight Jungle trip? Haven't decided if we want a one night or two or if it is worth the cost at all. There will be 5 adults mostly interested in outdoor activities. Any suggestions for places to stay or things to do would be appreciated. We are looking for hotel in Phuket near th ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,709 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Ontheroad5 on 16/4/2013 at 13:50

Southern Thailand in the June?

Posted by jennigun on 15/4/2013 at 21:39

My boyfriend and I will be in Southern Thailand for the month of June. Any advice on traveling in the "down" season? I heard through the grapevine it can be difficult to find accommodation because a lot of places shut down. Is this true? We are flying into Krabi, and we have about 3 weeks to work our way to Ko Samui. We want to see Khao Sok and do some diving (we are SCUBA certified). Any recommendations for where we should go? Are the Trang islands worth checking out? If so, which o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,545 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by jennigun on 16/4/2013 at 10:10

Looking for chill out friend in bangkok

Posted by aadibkk on 16/4/2013 at 04:50

Hey there I will be in Bangkokon Friday the 19th for a week and am looking for friends to see the city, chill out, relax, party and all that. I am 29 male from turkey and an architect by profession.... hit back if any of you are around town ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,546 times, with no replies.

Full moon vs Half moon

Posted by jbmpinkham on 15/4/2013 at 21:11

My boyfriend and I will be in Thailand for just under 2 weeks near the end of May, early June. As we do not have much time, we are trying to make the most of our trip. We will be arriving in Bangkok early morning on March 25th, the day of the full moon party on Koh Phagan. We are wondering if it is worthwhile for us to travel down to the island that day to catch the full moon party, after having traveled 29 hours. We are go getters, so if the party is truly better than the the half moon on May 3 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,216 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by MADMAC on 15/4/2013 at 23:09

Two and a half weeks in Thailand

Posted by Dutch on 15/4/2013 at 05:45

About year a go I came to this forum to look for some some advise on our Thailand trip. Initially we were planning to visit Thailand AND Laos in only 17 days. Thanks to you guys we scrapped our rushed itinerary and went for a more relaxing one. We had a great time and are already planning a new SEA trip at the moment! I'd like to share a summary of our trip, so I might help people to decide on which places (not) to go. As I said we (my gf and I) had 17 days to spend on (our first) trip to SEA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,304 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Captain_Bob on 15/4/2013 at 13:17

Ko Tao: Sairee Beach or Chalok Bay?

Posted by melig on 11/4/2013 at 20:09

I am looking to stay on Ko Tao for 3 nights in July. Would it be better to stay somewhere on Sairee Beach or Chalok Bay? We will do one day of diving, and looking for a beautiful location that has access to restaurants and bars, it doesn't have to be a crazy seen but at least a few options. Thanks for the assistance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,751 times, with no replies.

Planning 2 week backpacking trip - Advice appreciated

Posted by casey_r19 on 27/3/2013 at 18:02

Hi all, I am 22 years old and planning a 2 week backpacking trip to Thailand early this June. Chances are I will be doing this solo as many of my friends are still on the fence (money, jobs, etc.). I feel I have done a lot of research as far as places to go, things to see, what to bring, etc. My current plan is to spend a few days in Bangkok, travel up north to Chang Mai, then head south to Phuket or maybe the islands. I'm not really looking for anything specific, just advice from people who ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,244 times, with 27 replies. Last reply by Geer1 on 11/4/2013 at 19:15

Rafthouse Outside Kanchanaburi

Posted by karibou on 8/4/2013 at 13:20

In a comment elsewhere on Travelfish, Tezza said he stayed at "a lower-midrange rafthouse on the river about 50km up the Kwai Noi." I'd love to know the name of that place (and similar ones if any). Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,542 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Nokka on 11/4/2013 at 04:18

Bangkok Hotel

Posted by melig on 2/4/2013 at 19:56

Hi, I will be flying into Bangkok around 7:00 PM and need to leave the next day for a 10:00AM flight. What would be a nice hotel that would be close to the airport? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,087 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by adrago on 9/4/2013 at 13:47

Phuket to Koh Lanta Ferry?

Posted by samrolli on 8/4/2013 at 05:30

Hi, I live in Chiang Mai with my wife, we have some family visiting in May and will be staying on Koh Lanta for 5 nights. We are flying into Phuket and spending our first night there and then I was hoping to take a ferry to Koh Lanta from Phuket. I've looked a little bit at Ferries that you can book online and they seem really expensive (1100baht+) for the full trip, I understand that they stop at Koh Phi Phi on the way which I don't have a problem with. But I am trying to find something t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,955 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 9/4/2013 at 09:36

Thailand in 7th of May til 23rd of June

Posted by s4driver on 5/4/2013 at 01:56

Hello First time to Thailand. Done some searching. Million places to go and see. Hard to choose. 4-5 weeks in southern area/islands just relaxing in paradise. Last week or so on BKK. Any recomendations? One week in one place? No peak season so should be able to get places to stay easily on the spot? Accomodations around 750-1200bath/night. Cheaper the better of course. No hostels/group acc etc. I`m an old fart so like to be on my own. No need to Pattaya/Phuket etc tourist circus. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,485 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ricwolt on 8/4/2013 at 22:50

Thailand Honeymoon

Posted by allibali on 7/4/2013 at 22:26

Hey guys! My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in Thailand in August for 18 days. We want to see/do a lot in that time so don't mind feeling a bit rushed as long as we do it all. We are adventurous and would love to do hiking, kayaking etc. but also want a few days in a private beach or pool villa. Our plan is to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Khoa Sok, Koh Tao, and Koh Samui. My questions are.... What are the best things to do in each of these places? How many days do I need in eac ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,027 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by guava_girl on 8/4/2013 at 21:01

Are there any cheap wooden (or bamboo) boongalows on Phuket?

Posted by zencooler on 7/4/2013 at 16:05

Hi friends. I am budget traveller and few months ago bought a cheap flight ticket to Phuket . I will spend there two weeks. I've been in Thailand two times, before and both times spent a great time in cheap boongalows near to the beach (first time on Koh Chang, second time on Koh Phayam). Is there any similar possibilities on Phuket? I know this is crowded island with a lot of spa resorts etc.. but I am looking for simple wooden or bamboo boongalows for a low price. Could you advice some soluti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,775 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/4/2013 at 17:49

Bus travel from Surat Thani to Krabi

Posted by patvivian on 13/11/2009 at 01:48

On January 1st I arrive in Surat Thani by train at 4:30 pm and need to get to Krabi. It looks like the last bus leaves ST at 5:00 pm. is this correct? Is it possible to get from the train station to the bus station in this amount of time? If this is not possible, are there alternative ways to get fro,m ST to Krabi? Thanks. Pat Vivian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,656 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brfsa on 8/4/2013 at 00:17

Maps for Floating Markets and Songkran activities

Posted by busylizzy on 6/4/2013 at 15:38

I was reading about the new Thungbuachom Floating Market that has just opened in Ayutthaya on Richard Barrow's website, and came across a google map that he has created showing the location of a couple dozen of floating markets in and around Bangkok. http://maps.google.co.th/maps/user?uid=210550963008557722983&hl=en&gl=en There is also a map of locations for Songkran activities for 2013. Thought others might find it useful and/or interesting. (EDIT: Just realised that he got dozen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,316 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by LeonardCohen1 on 7/4/2013 at 21:19

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page