Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

PLEASE HELP US PICK THE PERFECT ISLAND!!

Posted by mm716 on 22/12/2009 at 22:09

my boyfriend and I are planing our first trip to Thailand, the trip will be 10 days long in mid Jan. I'm very excited about the trip and have read quite a bit about all the different islands, but I end up feeling very overwhelmed by all the information and unable to decide which one is better suited for what we're looking for. Basically we want to be on an island, since the trip won't be very long, we prefer to stay on one island, two the most. We're living in a very busy city right now, so we ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,899 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/12/2009 at 19:16

Phanga na bay trip from Ko lanta ?

Posted by jodie6104 on 24/12/2009 at 07:59

Does anyone know if it is possible to organise a sea kayak trip to Phang na bay area/ james bond island etc from Ko lanta. Is it too far to do it in one day ? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,420 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by KevinCorr on 25/12/2009 at 18:30

Ko Tao Accomodation with WIFI

Posted by indu76 on 24/12/2009 at 21:53

hello, does anyone know of any places to stay in Ko Tao that have wifi in the rooms? will be looking at around 1200 BHT a night. Any advice would be great! thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,731 times, with no replies.

Where to buy mosquito nets in Bangkok?

Posted by stillanonymous on 22/12/2009 at 20:30

Hi there, would someone know where I might be able to buy mosquito nets in Bangkok? Permethin treated of course would be preferred. I'll be travelling to Burma from Bangkok, don't want to take any preventive malaria medication and figure there might not be mosquito nets in all places I'll be staying at. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,519 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 23/12/2009 at 12:34

3 weeks in Thai....What to do and where to start?!

Posted by kbjhtravel on 23/12/2009 at 06:29

Hi everyone, ive been reading these forums for a few weeks now trying to plan a 3 week trip to thailand for my friend an I. i was just looking for some advice of some must see places, or must do activities, we are both active and willing to do try new things. any advice would be appreciated as this is our first time to thailand:) Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,459 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/12/2009 at 09:11

Diving in the Similan Islands

Posted by Dubraatz on 18/12/2009 at 09:43

Does anyone have any advise about accommodations on Island #4 or #8? We would like rent a tent out there and dive a few days. How about a live aboard boat? Any thoughts... Is there diving places actually on the Similan Islands or do I have to go through diving shops out of Khao Lak or Phuket? I would appreciate any info and impute you could provide! Cheer, J ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,064 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by swag on 23/12/2009 at 05:05

Cave lodge, kayaking and caving, anyone interested?

Posted by Louw on 18/12/2009 at 23:07

Hi all, We are heading to Cave lodge in Sop pong (Pang Mapha) 15 February 2010 to 19 February and we were wondering if there's anyone out there that wants to form a group to do kayaking and caving. Because we are only two people so far, we need 4 more. We want to do the 2 day kayaking trip. http://www.cavelodge.com/twoday.htm We are also going to do the rafting through Tham Nam Lod (Lod Cave). 300 000 Swifts(birds) fly into the cave at sunset. Its a world phenomena. If you don't know w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,091 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by boleslav on 22/12/2009 at 22:33

Tailor for a tall woman in Bangkok?

Posted by truesd10 on 21/4/2009 at 01:08

Hey guys, I had a question. I will be in Thailand starting in July for 6 weeks. I have been to thailand before and last time I was there my boyfriend and I had some clothes made. His were AMAZING - great tailoring and the material was nice. But mine were not tailored right at all. I realized afterward the shop was not use to woman clothing. So this time I want to find a shop that is comfortable making woman clothes for someone who is 6'3 with an athletic build. I am really looking to ge ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,761 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Louw on 22/12/2009 at 16:25

Travel Buddy?

Posted by iLove2TraveL on 14/12/2009 at 08:31

I'm going to be arriving in Bangkok from Phuket on Dec. 31st and staying until the 6th of Jan. I'm looking to see if there is anyone who would like to either travel Bangkok or go somewhere different! I love the water and enjoy seeing new things! Let me know if you're available! : ) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,077 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by carlaburns10 on 22/12/2009 at 11:14

phuket to koh phangan

Posted by TRENTA on 30/10/2006 at 14:11

on the 2nd of jan i leave phuket and want to get to koh phagnan that day. is it possible to do it in one day by bus and ferry? aslo is i want to see samui and koh tao is it ok just to be based on phagnan and just ferry it for day trips? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,361 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by SaraLouiseCampbell on 22/12/2009 at 09:43

Getting from Suvarnbhumi Airport to Surat Thani

Posted by CaitlinP on 17/12/2009 at 11:21

I arrive in at 1650 at Suvarnbhumi International Airport Bangkok, and the last sleeper train to Surat Thani heads of at 1930. Do people know if this is enough time to get there? And if not, if there's a station closer to the airport I could get on the same train? Thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,644 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 22/12/2009 at 01:52

Accomadation

Posted by miked on 9/12/2009 at 18:07

Hi All, I am looking for some accomadation on Ko Lanta around 1,500/2,000 THB per evening. As going over the Newyear period 28th Dec to 3/4 Jan. It seems that on the net all the place's I have found seem to be fully booked. Any advice would hepl for accomadations or another island to visit for this period which offers the relaxedness of Ko Lanta Regards Michael ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,116 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by krabifarmstay on 21/12/2009 at 16:15

Chiang Rai longtail day trip

Posted by mmeckel on 20/12/2009 at 23:48

I'm in Chiang Rai for a couple of days and am wondering if it's possible to take a longtail up river to a village, get dropped off for a few hours, and catch a boat ride back without having to pre-arrange the return boat ride. We tried talking to someone at the pier but only got offers for a tour. Lonely Planet mentions that you can do self-guided hikes so I'm just wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this for us. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,238 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by billbevan01 on 21/12/2009 at 15:41

Advice on going to Thailand for first time.

Posted by joeg on 17/12/2009 at 09:52

I am 23 years old and work in Alaska 6 months out of the year. I was looking to explore Thailand after I got done working there as a way to blow off steam. I might go with a friend but without a doubt im going by myself if I have to. I Plan on going in early Oct and I have read thats the "Low time" s i should be able to get decent prices. If I budget myself 3000USD how long could i drag out a trip in SEA? It would be awesome if i could spend 6 months there on that amount but not sure if that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,763 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 21/12/2009 at 10:43

Ko Samui for Christmas and Ko Phangan for New Year!

Posted by katiewilliams88 on 20/12/2009 at 16:16

Hey guys, I've been in Ko Samui for 5 days now and it only seems to be full of couples and families are there any single travellers out there keen on meeting up to celebrate Christmas? My hostel is a bit out on the way at the moment, which has stopped me getting about a bit and put me off staying late at night, but on Wednesday I move further down the coast. I don't know if anyone is struggling to find accomodation in Ko Phangan for New Year, but I have stupidly paid for a twin room, so wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,195 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by greenman42 on 21/12/2009 at 09:26

Shambara boutique hostel

Posted by Louw on 15/12/2009 at 16:58

Hi all, I'm having great difficulty in booking a double fan room in Shambara Boutique hostel just off Khao San rd, Bangkok. Our booking is only for Feb 2010. I've phoned them a few times, but each time they put the phone down while I'm speaking. They were quite friendly though. I've also emailed them about 7 times over the past two weeks, only my 1st email got answered. So I've gone ahead and booked the room on HostelWorld for the 6th -8th, but now the 1st day, our arrival date, (5th Fe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,525 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Louw on 21/12/2009 at 09:08

Massage course in Chiang Mai

Posted by shadek on 21/12/2009 at 01:47

Hi all, I've been thinking about taking a 5-day massage course in Chiang Mai at the Wat Pho branch there. Has anyone done it there or at any other place in CM? According to my initial plans, I'm planning on spending about 12 days all together in CM, but not sure if I would be bored during the massage course, since it takes 6 hours a day and after that I'm afraid there will be little to do. I'm not looking for parties, will be travelling on my own, but wouldn't like to spend the five nigh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,220 times, with no replies.

PLEASE HELP ASAP Phuket to Ko Pang Yang for the full moon party

Posted by tex4s3w on 20/12/2009 at 06:57

Hi there. I really really want to go to the Full Moon Party at Ko Pang yang but the only flight left was a flight to Phuket which lands around midday in Phuket on the 31st December. Is there anyway that I can get to Ko Pang Yang in time for the full moon party on such a tight scedule from Phuket?? Please help. If you could let me know asap that would be great Best regards Sophie x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,007 times, with no replies.

Best place to stay for Christmas 'n' New Year

Posted by zencooler on 19/12/2009 at 14:47

Hello friends. We are a couple away from our family so we would want to stay somewhere in Cambodia or Thailand during the Christmas time. I mean some place to feel the Christmas atmosphere and eat the Christmas dinner at 24.12. Preferable near the beach. Could you recommend the best place for this, please? Thanks in advance! Zen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,312 times, with no replies.

Chaing Khong at Christmas??!

Posted by sarahandpaul on 19/12/2009 at 13:10

Can anyone tell me whether there is anywhere in Chiang Khong that we'd be able to treat ourselves on Christmas day? We'd like to just have a nicer than average meal and ideally some wine! I'm guessing it's a no, but any info welcomed! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 919 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page