Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Going to Cambodia and Thailand Itinerary help

Posted by melloluis on 29/11/2009 at 22:39

Hey!! Im going to Cambodia and Thailand in the last week of December and im planning on staying about 1 month in each country, I really appreciate if somebody can recomend me cities to visit. Im travelling on budget and looking for adventure and off the track places. Thanks for your help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,086 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lother on 30/11/2009 at 04:18

Travelfish Guides..is there a Thailand Pack ?

Posted by jakethedog on 25/11/2009 at 08:55

Just wondering if there is a Thailand Pack for the Travelfish PDF guides ? Our trip is coming up in 13 weeks so I need to start doing some serious planning and research. Thanks in advance Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,164 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/11/2009 at 12:38

Itinerary help!

Posted by jellyfishies on 28/11/2009 at 21:19

Hi, Myself and my best friend are heading over to Thailand for just over a month starting on 10th December. We were just wondering whether it is best to book in advance or see how things work out when we get there as we're aware that it's peak season and we're picking some of the more popular places to go? Also, if anyone has any suggestions on places to stay it will be much appriciated! Out itinerary so far looks a little something like this: Bangkok (4 days) Chaing Mai (7 days) Fly to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 920 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/11/2009 at 12:25

Booking bus, train and ferry during high season

Posted by JesseNYC on 28/11/2009 at 15:03

I'm going to be traveling quite a bit by bus, train and ferry starting December 24th. How far in advance should I be booking all my transportation? Do buses, ferries and trains fill up frequently? Here's my route Chang Mai -> BKK -> Ko Phagnan -> Ko Tao -> Ko Phi Phi -> Ko Muk -> Malaysia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,342 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/11/2009 at 12:07

Khao Sok to Phuket- any info highly appreciated

Posted by Seba on 26/11/2009 at 21:53

Hi guys, does anyone when the latest bus from Khao Sok national park to Phuket runs? Is there only public buses, or also minivans? I have a late evening flight from Phuket and would therefore like to stay as long as possible in Khao Sok... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,524 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 28/11/2009 at 11:34

What's there to do in Ko Muk?

Posted by JesseNYC on 28/11/2009 at 06:42

I've heard good things about using Ko Muk as a jumping off point for other islands. What other islands can I get to from Ko Muk? Is it expensive or time-consuming to travel to/from Ko Muk? Starting December 28th, I have around 23 days to see spots in southern Thailand, so here's my itinerary. Does it make sense? Thanks for the help!! Here's what I'm thinking for my itinerary: Ko Phangan - 5 nights Ko Tao - 5 nights Ko Phi Phi - 4 nights Ko Muk - 5 nights ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,559 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 28/11/2009 at 10:26

Chiang Rai VS Chiang Dao- which one?

Posted by Karlap on 27/11/2009 at 10:43

Hello all! I am planning a trip to Thailand in March and have 2 days to spend in either Chiang Rai or Chiang Dao. I know that they both have different things to offer but I'd like to hear from anyone who has been to either or both. What do you think of the towns and which would you suggest spending 2 days in? Or would it be good to spend 1 day in each? It is possible for me to extend it to a 3 day stay if you think it would be best. Please give me your opinions! Thanks in advanc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,011 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Karlap on 27/11/2009 at 12:58

Patara Elephant Farm or Elephant Nature Park, Chiang Mai??

Posted by mlr on 13/11/2009 at 18:02

Hello Myself and my partner really fancy spending some time at one of the above places while we are in Chiang Mai but can't decide on which one!? Has anyone been to either of these and which would you recommend? And is it best to book in advance online or can it be left until we are in Chiang Mai? They are both (although the park is half the price of the farm!) obviously quite expensive but we have decided to cut out one or two other activities on our trip to make up for this! Many ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,224 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by PDX2BKK on 26/11/2009 at 19:56

Anybody looking for some company?

Posted by PDX2BKK on 25/11/2009 at 12:07

Hello out there! I was curious if any of you might be looking for someone to travel with for awhile? I am a twenty four year old man from Portland, Oregon, I have been traveling about SE Asia for about a month now and my trip continues until the end of January. My current travel companions are kind of honey mooning and I feel a bit like a third wheel, so I'm going to take another path and see where it takes me. I am currently in Siem Reap, but I will be returning to Bangkok this weekend and the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,111 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Lakey on 26/11/2009 at 12:25

full moon party december 2nd

Posted by ffcman on 27/8/2009 at 05:23

my trip to Thailand is limited in days and i can only really spend a few days on ko phang ngan, my trip was initially based on this party, and i am slightly concerned by the mention of possible difficulties finding accommodation for such a short time at this popular time of the month. am i worrying about nothing?...is it only really that busy for new years?....what do you suggest? cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,922 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/11/2009 at 15:23

Bangkok - Koh Samui - Phuket (or Krabi?) - Ko Phi Phi - Bangkok

Posted by SonjaKaisa on 23/11/2009 at 22:06

I'm a Finnish exchange student in Siam University, Bangkok. I've been in Thailand a month now and I'm planing a trip around Christmas and NYE because my mother and sister are flying to see me then and they would love visit the islands of Southern Thailand. I really need help 'cause this is my first time in Thailand and I would like to make the trip as comfortable as possible for my loved ones... So I was planning that we would first fly from BKK to Ko Samui at Sat 26. Dec and spend there co ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,240 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/11/2009 at 07:42

Vaccinations for Thailand

Posted by Travel1221 on 20/11/2009 at 17:12

Hi there. I've been told that it is not necessary to get any vaccinations for Thailand. We are travelling from South Africa, and even though I have had the standard Hep A & B shots which covers me for about 15 years, my boyfriend has not had any.... Please advise. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,161 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/11/2009 at 05:53

Which island ?

Posted by robynb on 16/11/2009 at 08:32

Hope someone can help? Family holiday in Thailand towards end Jan, and the idea is to go from Chiang Mai down south for a beach holiday. Have 3 boys (10,13,15) in tow and so don't want the journey to be a huge mission, but also want to avoid the very touristy islands. However, want more than just a beautiful beach (we're from New Zealand so not at all beach-deprived)- Thai culture, some activities etc - and keep going around in circles as I read all the guides and reports! Have thought of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,150 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by robynb on 23/11/2009 at 03:22

Best Bodysurfing Near Bangkok

Posted by themuths on 19/11/2009 at 12:42

I'm looking for the best (or a reasonably good) beach to bodysurf that's near Bangkok. I'm finishing up my cycling trip and will have a few days in early December, so I don't want to have to travel far to get to the beach. Already spent time at Ko Samet, so currently Ko Chang is the top choice. Is there a particular beach that's the best for body-surfing waves? Or is there a better beach somewhere else entirely? Thanks for the assistance... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,929 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by themuths on 22/11/2009 at 10:59

Accommodation in Kho San Road

Posted by Travel1221 on 8/11/2009 at 15:31

Hi all, When I was last in BKK, I stayed at a very nice guesthouse in Kho San Road called Mom's Guesthouse. Trying to mail them (but with no luck) for our next trip in December. Can anyone please recommend a nice budget guesthouse in Kho San Road in the region of about 400 THB per night for a double. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,571 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by oscarcat on 22/11/2009 at 01:35

Long Term Luggage storage in Bangkok

Posted by Stancy on 20/11/2009 at 05:01

Hi I will be travelling SEA for 2 months and have some excess baggage that i cant throw away bt dont want to backpack around with and tips on somewhere cheap i can store a bag in Bangkok (airports and train stations seem to be on the expensive side) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,977 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by chriswotton on 21/11/2009 at 23:33

Bangkok???

Posted by Kiah on 18/11/2009 at 00:10

Can anyone suggest a good area to stay in Bangkok. I'm currently looking at hotels but overwhelmed by the size of the city. Want to stay in quiet a central location with good public transport links and in a mid range hotel. Any suggestions would be most welcome! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,704 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by chriswotton on 21/11/2009 at 21:54

Ko Samet Adventures

Posted by husqvarna on 10/11/2009 at 08:36

I will be in Thailand in January and plan on spending a few days on Ko Samet. 3 nights or 4 nights better?? I am rather adventurous, how about kayaking and deep sea fishing? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,537 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by chriswotton on 21/11/2009 at 21:47

Urgent Thailand visa query - in Trat and ready to go

Posted by lozza1978 on 21/11/2009 at 11:36

Hi Everyone I arrived in thailand via Dubai and received a 30 day stamp in my passport, 3 days later I flew to Cambodia to meet a friend and give him a letter containing money from his parents. I flew back into Thailand and received another 30 day stamp. However my 30 days are nearly up and im in Trat right now wanting to go to Phnom Penh and apply for a tourist visa. I was under the impression I could do this, but I have just been speaking to some travellers and they say I wi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,562 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by lozza1978 on 21/11/2009 at 11:44

Is £2000 enough?

Posted by alllondonuk on 20/11/2009 at 06:41

Can anyone help? I leave on Sunday, have barely £2000 and was going to slum it all the way through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. Doing as much as i can. It's all been a last minute thing and very rushed but i am worried about money. Any tips and ideas? Ta ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,755 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 21/11/2009 at 08:25

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page