Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Minibus from Phuket airport to Ko Lanta???

Posted by Louw on 13/12/2009 at 23:43

Guten Tag / สวัสดี / good day fellow travelers! We know there is a minibus service from Phuket town but is there one to Ko Lanta from the Phuket airport? We r arriving at 10:05, 9th Feb 2010 and would like to go directly to Ko Lanta without going to Phuket town. Or does anyone have other suggestions, except the ferries, to get there real quick and cheap? We emailed Lantainfo and they confirmed its 250baht to Ko Lanta from the bus terminal in ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,528 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Louw on 14/12/2009 at 23:19

Peace Paradise Bungalows on Koh Jum

Posted by travelfun on 14/12/2009 at 15:58

Hello, Has anyone stayed at Peace Paradise Bungalows on Koh Jum (North Beach)? I'm thinking of spending a week there around Christmas. Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,899 times, with no replies.

Long distance bus travel straight after new years?

Posted by samalive on 14/12/2009 at 11:12

Do I need to worry about this already being fully booked as the trains will probably be or should I be ok to turn up on the day and get a seat? I am flying home to Australia from KL in Malaysia on the 6th of Jan. and am hoping to get a flight from Bangkok around the 4th to KL, however I most likely will be celebrating new years with friends a considerable distance away from Bangkok meaning I'll probably be trying to hop on a bus on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd - there isn't much margin for error! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,374 times, with no replies.

Where to stay in Bangkok outside Th. Khao San?

Posted by Pontare on 13/12/2009 at 20:13

Hi! Any hot tips on where to stay in Bangkok for 5 days? I'm a solo traveler, so it would be nice to stay a place where getting to meet people is easy. I've booked two nights at Refill Now, but although it's a great place, it's pretty far from anything happening, and also not to solo-friendly (not many people there last time I went). Th. Khao San is out of the question, as I would like to stay close to the BTS. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,881 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 14/12/2009 at 11:06

Rugby in Chiang Mai

Posted by gillerz960 on 12/12/2009 at 16:52

Hi Does anyone know anywhere that might show the Heineken cup rugby in Chiang Mai? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,516 times, with no replies.

Accomodation on Ton Sai

Posted by shadek on 6/12/2009 at 03:08

Does anyone have any tips on accomodation on Ton Sai, on Krabi? Just found a blog with some amazing pics from ton Sai and thought to include it on my itinerary, but couldn't find much info on my guide or online. Thanks! Sani ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,109 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by shadek on 12/12/2009 at 02:00

Khao yai waterfalls

Posted by manold on 12/12/2009 at 00:08

how will i reach Khao yai national park from BKK? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,157 times, with no replies.

Room reservations on Ko Samet??

Posted by husqvarna on 9/12/2009 at 09:41

Any advice whether I need to get reservations for a room on Ko Samet. I am interested in Vong Duern Villa. We will be there in January, Monday thru Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,016 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by bernanddon on 11/12/2009 at 14:37

Ayutthaya to Bangkok

Posted by robynb on 11/12/2009 at 03:31

Hi - could anyone advise on getting from Ayatthuya to Bangkok (Don Meung)in the morning in time to catch a 10.50 a.m. flight? I've looked at the train timetable and there is a train at 07.21 a.m. and then not again until after 12.00 noon - am travelling with 3 kids so would rather not have to leave so early and hang about the airport if at all possible. Any alternatives would be really appreciated. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 11/12/2009 at 13:19

Acommodation in Ko Pha Ngan Nai Pan Yai for Christmas

Posted by Monula on 10/12/2009 at 11:07

Hi everybody, we are two female travellers and we will be in Ko Pha Ngan probable Nai Pan Yai beach or anywhere near by for Christmas and NYE. It's a last minute thing and decision so we don't have anything sorted yet. Could anyone help us where to stay over Xmas, is there possibility of a Xmas dinner and so on. We are not really interested in Full Moon party... I know many places are already booked so any suggestions woudl help. Thank you Monika ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,059 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by fox on 10/12/2009 at 20:45

Suggestions on 25days in Thailand, starting January 1st

Posted by brainatwork on 10/12/2009 at 02:26

Hello everyone, thanks for all the great information that you're all sharing :) Me and my girlfriend are coming to BKK on January 1st and have to go back on the 25th. We were in the southern part of Thailand last year - phuket, phi phi This year, the idea is to: - fly to Chiang Mai, rent a big bike and tour for a couple of days (any tips on which loop to do?) - fly somewhere south to relax, Koh pan gan? - fly to Singapore for 2,3 days - eventually do Lombok (or anything else ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,006 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by brainatwork on 10/12/2009 at 19:01

New Year in Chiang Mai: hotel recommendations?

Posted by jeffmshaw on 3/12/2009 at 04:20

Hi all! My girlfriend and I are spending a month in Thailand starting Dec. 15. We've decided to spend New Year's Eve in Chiang Mai . Any suggestions for a moderately-priced but high-quality place to stay? As a sidenote, we're currently planning on starting the trip in Krabi and spending 10 days or so exploring nearby islands, then heading up to Chiang Mai before visiting a friend in Mae Sot and finally heading to Bangkok. I have some ideas about getting from point A to points B, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,755 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by KevinCorr on 10/12/2009 at 16:33

Where to eat near Lebua State Tower bangkok

Posted by jodie6104 on 9/12/2009 at 00:51

Anyone got any top tips for yummy Thai food near the Lebua State Tower in Bangkok ? many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,467 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:23

BAMBOO HUT

Posted by evacondes on 17/7/2007 at 16:51

Hi everyone, I'm planning to go to Thailand this august and I'm interested in staying at Bamboo Hut, I belive it's near Nan. Have someone a telephone or e-mail addres to contact them? Is it easy to find room there? is it necessary to book in advance? And another thing: Which is the best way to arrive there? Is it a must to go to Chiang Mai or we can avoid it? Many thanks Eva ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,245 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:17

Help! Travel to Kao Sok Park from Surat Thani and Pha Ngan

Posted by Nerel3000 on 10/12/2009 at 01:36

I have booked flights to Surat Thani and want to travel up to Kao Sok national park for a mini tour. Is it easy to get there and what is the best way/how long does it take? Would we need to book any transport in advance? Private transfer there we have been offered £40 with the tour co. We are then travelling to the half moon party - best way to get to Phan Ngan from there please? Private co has offered us £55 for this leg. Also we will be hanging around at the park by ourselves the first nig ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,433 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/12/2009 at 10:01

Need to book?

Posted by Nerel3000 on 30/11/2009 at 00:47

I am going to Thailand arriving New Yrs Eve for 16 nights with 2 other people. So far we have just booked the first 2 nights in Bangkok then flights to Surat Thani from 2nd Jan-14th, from which we plan to visit Kao Pha Ngan for half moon party and Ko Tao, and also try and do a 4 night trip to Khao Sok & Chieow Laan Lake so we can do some elephant riding/see the jungle and stay on a river raft. Do we need to book accommodation on the islands for this time of year and is there anywhere that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,570 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by scottyheather on 10/12/2009 at 09:32

Phuket - Nice beach with reasonable accomodation

Posted by rachgee on 8/12/2009 at 19:55

I will be in Phuket for two days in December and am looking for a reasonably priced hotel (1500 - 2500 THB per night) on a nice beach away from the "seediness" one finds in places like Patong. Any recommendations? Rachel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,630 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 10/12/2009 at 06:43

Cheapest way to get around Thailand?

Posted by shazhippychild on 6/7/2009 at 21:57

I am backpacking through Thailand for a month and want to know what the best way to get around is. I heard that the Thai transport system is very good~but which mode is the best to use in terms of long distance and money~bus, train, air, etc.? I will be travelling between places like Krabi, Phetburi, Ko Samui, and other small islands. Any advice will be much appreciated! Peace, Shaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,624 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by Canudigit on 9/12/2009 at 23:22

Suggestions re my itinerary - arriving 15 Dec for one month

Posted by skate on 9/12/2009 at 16:26

Hi, I'm going to be in Thailand for a month - I arrive in a few days. I've gone from thinking I wouldn't plan much, to planning heaps! I would be interested in your thoughts on my rough itinerary.....bearing in mind that I am a young solo female wanting to get off the beaten track a little ....here's my rough idea.... Bangkok 2 nights Kanchanaburi 3 nights Sangkhlaburi 5 nights Kanchaburi 1 night Overnight bus/train Bangkok to Chiang Mai - was hoping to not have to go back t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,205 times, with no replies.

Similans- advance booking for boat and accomodation required

Posted by Seba on 9/12/2009 at 11:02

Hey guys, I'll be heading to the Similan islands in a couple of days and now wondering whether it is really necessary to book accomodation in advance throught the NP's website? We plan to make our way with the boat from Khao Lak (btw- is is enough to just show up half an hour before departure, or does this also need advanced booking?) and stay there for 1 night... thanks in advance!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,279 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page