Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Pai to Chiang Mai advice

Posted by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:49

Hi Folks, Seeing a few places in the north I haven't been to before this December. The only bit I am unsure about is the leg that will be Pang Ung to Chiang Rai. Would prefer to do this leg in one day by bus. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how long it took? Seems a bit of a pity to have to go back via Chiang Mai but this may be the most do-able route. Considering a night at Huai Nam Dang National Park on route. cheers, Scott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,486 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:52

Pang Ung/Pai to Chiang Rai advice

Posted by sacott on 25/10/2009 at 18:51

Hi Folks, Seeing a few places in the north I haven't been to before this December. The only bit I am unsure about is the leg that will be Pang Ung to Chiang Rai. Would prefer to do this leg in one day by bus. I was wondering if anyone has done this and how long it took? Seems a bit of a pity to have to go back via Chiang Mai but this may be the most do-able route. Considering a night at Huai Nam Dang National Park on route. cheers, Scott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,958 times, with no replies.

Spearfishing in Phuket -Thailand

Posted by xfregona on 24/10/2009 at 16:31

I everyone, first of all I have to say thank you for this website! it is the most helpfull regarding of usefull information to those that are thinking to travel to Asia. I´m 29 years old and from Portugal. I am going to visit for the first time an Asia Country, Thailand- Phuket (17th November) and I would like to get some help and information if possible. Is it legal to spearfish in Phuket ? Does anyone knows who organise spearfish trips? and rent the material? Please help me guys. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,461 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2009 at 18:35

Islands in Nov... just like everyone else

Posted by Whynot on 24/10/2009 at 20:08

I am currently in Thailand and loving my slow and sceneic adventure up north! I will eventually head to cambodia and then off to the islands (end of Nov, first week of december). I am open to all suggestions of which island to go to and am happy to return to bangkok and go from there as well or search island refuge to thailand from Cambodia. I dont have a return flight yet so i could have as much or little time left to island hop but two weeks will prob be max. Any suggestions? I perfer low key, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 987 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/10/2009 at 18:29

4 days in Bangkok

Posted by Ingrids on 22/10/2009 at 18:38

Hello! I`m going to Bangkok 25th Oct and I`ll be there til 29th OCt. What are the best things to do/visit (excursions...) there? Do you think that I have to book accommodation before? Do you recomend some good and cheap accommodation? I`m going by myself. Thank you!!!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,631 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 24/10/2009 at 13:33

Currently in Thailand, recomendations for Chang Mai?

Posted by outofthebubble on 23/10/2009 at 21:29

We are currently traveling throughout Thailand for several weeks before moving on to Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. We just visited Bangkok, Ko Sichang, Bat Island, Si Racha, and are now in Ayutthaya (beautiful!). In a few days we will be heading North to Chang Mai in search of some great hill tribe trekking. The problem is everyone and their brother here seem to have an opinion of what treks are best. We figured it better to ask all you folks if you have any personal experience. Any recommend ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,187 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/10/2009 at 08:33

Money & Beach ?

Posted by Gusty79 on 22/10/2009 at 22:11

Hi I am going travelling on my own to SE Asia for 6 months and something has been bothering me a bit. I have read everywhere that you should not leave money back at your hotel/guesthouse (unless in safe). So what do you do with money/passport etc...when you want to go for a swim or a snorkel ? Really simple question I know but just wondering what people do ? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,486 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 24/10/2009 at 07:21

Budget for 6 Months

Posted by Gusty79 on 19/10/2009 at 05:18

Hi, I am leaving for SE Asia next week for 6 Months. I have looked around for Ideas on budget etc..I plan on having around £900 a month. What do you guys think? I am Diabetic so might have to spend a little bit more on accommodation (need a fridge for meds). I am planning on going to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia. I would like to do a few activities tours/treks etc.. and enjoy a bit of nightlife once in a while. Do you think £900 a month will be enough? first time backpacking? Pleas ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,121 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Gusty79 on 22/10/2009 at 22:06

19 days in the Thai Islands - HELP itinerary!!!

Posted by Ingrids on 16/10/2009 at 09:11

Hello!! I`m going to Bangkok 25th Oct, after Camboja, Vietnam (Saigon) and from Saigon I`m going to The Islands in Thai. I`m going 11/11 and take the plane to go back 28/11 in Phuket. I'm completly lost about how to go from Saigon to the Islands (cheaper flights) and in which islands visit in 19 days. Has somebody some suggestion??? Thankssssss!!!! Ingrid ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,068 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Ingrids on 22/10/2009 at 18:24

Alone in Thailand for 5/6 months!

Posted by Joshuaphilp on 21/10/2009 at 04:08

I'm 19 years old and im planning on going backpacking for a few months! I want to start out in the south, Phuket area and work up north! Is it a good idea to go for that long by myself? Second question is a bit of subject but is Ko Phi Phi really all its cracked up to be?! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,413 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 22/10/2009 at 17:29

Thailand 13 day Itinery advice appreciated

Posted by squae on 18/10/2009 at 06:55

Hello, traveling in 4 weeks and would appreciate help, I am also travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia. Arrive 6.00pm Bangkok Day 1 - Bangkok Day 2 - Bangkok Day 3 - Ayutthaya & Lop Buri (Via Train?) Day 4 - Sukothai (not sure about going here, as the train I have been looking at online doesnt appear to stop here?, and if I dont go here I can get a train that leaves from Lop Buri at night and arrives at Chiang Mai in the morning) Day 5 - Chiang Mai, not sure how to get here if I am ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,831 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/10/2009 at 11:53

Best Island?

Posted by Bilby09 on 21/10/2009 at 12:40

Hi, I'm looking for an island (Andaman sea) to stay for 4 nights at the beginning of February. I'm after an island that is beautiful but not very crowded, with good snorkelling and hiking (and preferably accommodation with warm water showers). The Trang Islands sound good especially Kradan, but perhaps a bit tricky to get to/from? I will be coming from Khao Sok National Park, and then at the end of the 4 days will need to get to Phuket to fly home from there. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,150 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 22/10/2009 at 11:25

Newbie in Thailand, Itinerary advice appreciated

Posted by thejcw on 22/10/2009 at 09:14

Hi, my wife and I are 3 weeks away from our trip to Thailand/Cambodia. We have 20 days and would like to dived that between both countries. We plan to spend 3 days in Bangkok, one day in Ayutthaya - then North to Chiang Mai (overnight train) for 3 days ... At this point is where I need the most help. I can't seem to find any information on getting from Chiang Mai to Aranyaprathet (for the crossing to Cambodia) I heard at one point there is a bus running from CM to A is that true? would I nee ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,068 times, with no replies.

Trekking in December

Posted by saramogg on 22/10/2009 at 02:33

I am going on the GAP adventures Hilltribe Trekking tour in December and I was wondering how cold it's likely to be? They suggest bringing a sleeping bag but will I really need it? I'd rather not be carrying it around th rest of Thailand for the following 2 weeks! Thanks S ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 837 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/10/2009 at 06:57

Need advice on staying or going

Posted by cuffedbloke on 21/10/2009 at 17:01

Hi, I'm doing an 8-day tour of Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand and willo arrive in Phuket on the morning of 13th Nov. I fly back to KL from Phuket on the 15th afternoon. I haven't been to any of the Thailand islands and beaches yet, and though I do want to catch some sights of the Phuket nightlife I also want to take in a day of total relaxation before I start my new job on the 16th. Can somebody advice where I could go as I will have to return to Phuket to take my flight home. Thanks a bunc ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 980 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cuffedbloke on 22/10/2009 at 06:43

Bangkok - personal tours.

Posted by fiddlerd on 20/10/2009 at 23:09

Hello - Does anyone have any information on some personal guides for Bangkok? My wife and I are only in Bangkok for 2 days and would like to get a good tour on the first day. Thanks in advance, D ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,072 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/10/2009 at 08:56

British Airways

Posted by Nokka on 20/10/2009 at 19:55

We are booked with BA for a flight to B'kok late November. Return late March. We have a confirmed flight booked to Laos within 30 days of arrival in Thailand. BA are apparently notorious for being a bit awkward if you arrive at the airport with no visa (We aim to get Tourist visa on arrival). I have phoned them, but they refused to give me confirmation that we will be able to board. I've downloaded details of the Thai requirements for no visa from their website, which we can take to the airp ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 861 times, with no replies.

no warm shower - what do they mean?

Posted by ivan123 on 9/10/2009 at 16:31

hi, i was booking some accommodation for thailand when realised lot of cottages don't have warm water shower. only cold. what do they mean by that - i mean, how cold? do they heat it in the sun, so it ends up warm anyway, or it's really cold, or it depends ... any help would be appreciated. thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,520 times, with 44 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/10/2009 at 14:20

similan islands..

Posted by jasonkim8486 on 24/9/2009 at 08:27

are there accommodations on any of the similan islands? or do i need to stay on the mainland and make day trips? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,977 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 20/10/2009 at 08:19

Best Island to visit?

Posted by Nerel3000 on 19/10/2009 at 01:11

I am due to visit Thailand arriving into Bangkok on New Year's eve in the morning with 2 other people (both guys and 1 girl). We are very stuck on out itinery! We have 16 days and I think we've decided we probably won't make it to the North. We were looking at an organised trip to River Kwai and death railway for a week or so, and then nip down to 1 or 2 islands. Which islands are best to visit and fairly easy to get to? I think we'd like someone a bit off the beaten track but still with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,233 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 19/10/2009 at 11:22

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page