Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

looking for : best little beach

Posted by monikaundsandra on 13/10/2009 at 02:12

hello, sorry, i hit return to fast and sent this message off empty.. no i did not discover a secret little natural wonderland, where the best of thailand´s beautiful beaches can be found in one not-too-hard-to-reach spots, which is not crowded but where a cocktail,food and accomodation is easily accessible without spending lots of money in a huge resort, where snorkeling, swimming and living the good life is possible without sharing it whith hundreds of tourists is possible.. and all that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,829 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by idreamofdurian on 13/10/2009 at 21:36

Where to spend new year on West Coast of Thailand

Posted by alau81 on 12/10/2009 at 19:59

Hello, We will be spending Christmas in Ko Phi Phi, we were wondering where would be best to go for New Year's eve along that side of the coast, we don't really want to trek across to Koh Pha Ngan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,617 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 13/10/2009 at 17:18

tsunami Alert?

Posted by vivekkrishna on 1/10/2009 at 13:27

I leave for Phuket in 6 hours and am obviously terrified. I know the Tsunami alert has been canceled, but what does this exactly mean? How is the weather now? My itinerary also includes phi phi for 4 days (from 3rd oct onward) I'm hysterical..this was going to be my first trip to Thailand and I couldn't wait to be there. Can someone please tell me how things are actually over in phuket? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,292 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by vivekkrishna on 13/10/2009 at 15:14

Bangkok to Calcutta

Posted by mmmmbeerlao on 13/10/2009 at 07:37

How much would a guy expect to pay flying roundtrip from Bangkok to Calcutta? Can these KhaoSan travel agents find the best deals or should I buy myself? Its just look ing cheaper to fly into bangkok from seattle, then book the India flights on an asian budget airline. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,046 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ibalance48 on 13/10/2009 at 11:18

help with visas!!

Posted by wordy on 12/10/2009 at 23:33

can some1 please help me! right i'm doing a little 3 month trip, flying into bangkok, where i have to spend 1 nite due to my connecting flight the next day into laos. im then travelling through laos, into cambodia, and malaysia, before flying upto koh samui to spend xmas and the new year, doing a little island hopping and then flying home from bangkok on the 20th January. Can any1 please advise me on the situation with a visa for this trip in thailand. Do i need to get 1? do i not?? im no ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 877 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/10/2009 at 10:00

how long will it take to get from bangkok to vientiane?

Posted by fariphar on 13/10/2009 at 01:38

Hi everyone, I have just signed up to this and I'm apologising in advance if I'm asking questions that have already been posted :) I'm travellin to bangkok in new year and have booked an onward journey from bangkok to sydney 6 wks after my arrival. I have 6 weeks to travel from bangkok up to chiang mai, then on through laos, vietnam and cambodia. Am just wondering could anyone help me out with time frames? I want to organise my visa for vietnam before i travel. does anyone have any i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,970 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 13/10/2009 at 09:59

Surin Elephant Roundup weekend

Posted by FRAG on 12/10/2009 at 20:46

Still in Uk at the moment but will be in Surin for the Elephant round-up. Is this worth the time and effort to go too? And we are finding it difficult to find somewhere to book online! Any info would be great, cheers Frag ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,062 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/10/2009 at 09:46

Apartment/guesthouse in Mae Sai

Posted by myrhmaid on 19/1/2008 at 16:42

I'm volunteering with an N.G.O. in Mae Sai on the border into Burma. I've been looking for a nice, safe place to stay for a few months (inexpensive guesthouse, apartment, etc), but have had no luck yet. Any suggestions would be very, very welcome. Thanks! : ) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,904 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by naromekram on 13/10/2009 at 09:09

domestic flights bangkok to chiang mai

Posted by monikaundsandra on 13/10/2009 at 02:40

hello - i am trying to get the best out of the little time i have in thailand so i am trying to arrange for transportation from bankok to chiang mai. i visited thailand 10 years ago and spent a night on a bus but am looking for a more comfortable way. unfortunately the night train is booked out for the days in question so i am considering flying. i can find out prices but i would like to hear experiences - i am not very fond of flying, even i have to to get me there in the first place. any g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,260 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by bubibi on 13/10/2009 at 07:25

Flights?

Posted by krist on 11/10/2009 at 00:01

Hi, Basically I'd like to fly into Thailand, travel through Cambodia and onto Vietnam, flying back home from Saigon. I have a month. Any info/advice on where to book flights of this nature would be appreciated. Would it be best to book a one way flight to Thailand then once in Vietnam book a flight home? Or would it be a better bet to book everything in advance? I travelled to Vietnam last year with Singapore Airlines and although it was probably one of the finest airlines I've fl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,234 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Sannes on 13/10/2009 at 03:53

Best plases to visit in Thailand in 11 days

Posted by gusthegiant on 12/10/2009 at 20:42

I am doing a real gap experiance in thailand which ends April 4th i have untill the 14 th to backpack around the gap year experiance covers Bangcock, Wat Phikun Thong temple, Sukothai, trecking in Phu Toei National Park and the island of Koh Samet. I wonderd where else i could visit on a limited budjet from bangcock? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,399 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 12/10/2009 at 23:40

Bang Saphan to Surat or straight to Krabi?

Posted by alexlazarus on 7/10/2009 at 03:52

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some advice for how we should organise a bit of our itinerary. We're planning on spending a couple of nights in Bang Saphan before heading down to Krabi to spend some time on some of the islands in mid-December. I've been looking into it and originally thought that it would be a good idea to break the journey by staying the night in Surat Thani , but now i'm not sure whether it would be better to just head straight down to Krabi. Can we go directly from Bang Sap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,061 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by tezza on 12/10/2009 at 18:18

Buddy Tours - Chiang Mai

Posted by think87 on 11/10/2009 at 07:47

Anyone used or have any expierence with this tour companyin Chinag Mai? Prices seem way to reasonable LOL! http://www.chiangmai1.com/buddy/3-days.shtml http://www.chiangmai1.com/buddy/index.html ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,352 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 12/10/2009 at 08:50

Koh Kho Khao/Koh Phra Thang - budget accommodation?

Posted by RuthJ on 10/10/2009 at 20:55

Hello As some of you may know, I've posted about itinerary advice before and as a result have decided to simplify our trip somewhat. Thanks to everyone who posted. We're just going to Phuket to start with to visit friends and then take it from there. But the plan is to go to Khao Lak for some Similans diving and chilling out (not really a fan of Phuket). But I think we would like to get some proper thailand escapism of a hut on a beach and not much else around kind. Koh Chang (an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,102 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by christof on 11/10/2009 at 16:38

Advice Please

Posted by donmillerx on 26/8/2009 at 02:05

Hello, new here & could use all the help I can get. I apologize if many of my questions have been asked here numerous times before and for any other forum "faux pas"...please bear with me. I really haven't had the opportunity to do any research yet and so... my "homework" begins here and now. I will be traveling solo in S.E. Asia for the first time and for most of November. I plan to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat and Saigon. I am on a moderate budget, am hoping to get off the beaten track and wo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,766 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Saphir on 10/10/2009 at 15:00

NYE FMP Koh Phangan which beach

Posted by jodie6104 on 8/10/2009 at 18:36

My husband and I are planning to go to the FMP this NYE. We have been advised three beaches to stay on: Haad Yao(west), Haad Salad and Thong Nai Pan Noi. Which is best? we want somewhere pretty chilled, with good food and nice places to stay (it is our honeymoon so any suggestions welcome for up to 3000 Baht a night) but with not too tricky access to the FMP Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,036 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 9/10/2009 at 18:27

Thailand November/December

Posted by justy12 on 5/10/2009 at 18:57

I am going to Thailand mid November for just over 3/4 weeks. Thinking of going to Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, and Ko Phi Phi. Does anybody know what the weather will be like? I have heard conflicting reports. Would it be better to go to the islands off the east coast first and then the west or vice versa? I believe the weather can be very different on both. Hoping to take in the full moon party on December 2nd. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,759 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by tezza on 9/10/2009 at 18:14

Lamphun province in November

Posted by mh on 9/10/2009 at 11:46

Hello, Could anyone give their opinions on Lamphun province outside of Lamphun city? Some things I've read say it's a little bit uninteresting, others say it's quiet and relaxing... what do you all think? If anyone has liked spending time in the Li district especially, I would really like to hear about it. This is the only article I've found about it so far: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/09/22/travel/travel_30112779.php# I'll be in Thailand (first time!) from late October to late ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,970 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/10/2009 at 15:58

Train travel from KL to Phuket (or closest)

Posted by jweston on 5/10/2009 at 20:23

Hi. Going to travel by train from KL towards Phuket. Best stop to get off? then what? what is the train like in terms of comfort? Thanks for any help. Joan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,239 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by jweston on 9/10/2009 at 12:54

Koh Lanta and around

Posted by backpack on 8/10/2009 at 17:53

Hi, I'm going to be in Koh Lanta at the 20 of the month for a few days or more. are the beaches in Lanta suppose to be clean and good for swimming at this period? do you know about some other quiet (but not too quiet) places for backpackers in the south which I can combine some hiking and also relaxing on the beach? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,139 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 8/10/2009 at 18:15

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page