Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Need help working out how to get from Ko Mak/Chang to Phuket

Posted by RuthJ on 9/9/2009 at 19:02

Hi. We're going to be in Thailand for just over 2 weeks at the beginning of November. We've not been to Koh Chang before but would like to go but from what I've read we'd probably prefer Koh Mak. After going there we want to visit friends in Phuket. As we've only got 2 weeks we'd rather fly and save time than do buses. I have found out we can either fly direct from U-Tapao (near Pattaya) or via Bangkok from Trat. I thought I read there were boats from Koh Chang to Pattaya and Koh Samet but ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,016 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 9/9/2009 at 22:54

Thailand Islands in mid September

Posted by MineyMoo on 2/9/2009 at 02:46

Hello, I'm sure this question has been asked but I can't find any answers! Can anyone recommend a nice Island to stay in mid September, We are flying in to Bangkok on 19/9 and going to see Ayuthaya and Sukothai for a few days but I would love to have a few days or more relaxing on a lovely quiet island with beautiful beaches. Every time I look at the weather map I get more confused about where to go! Any suggestions will be really appreciated. Many thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,093 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by SBE on 9/9/2009 at 18:00

Koh Phangan - Accom away from Hat Rin

Posted by brizzichick on 8/8/2009 at 01:50

hi all i'm planning to be in kpy for a week or so from around 27 Dec...I was thinking Thong Nai Pan Noi....basically i want to chill but have some places to go to eat and visit some other areas of the island whilst chilling... i'm up for the full moon party for NYE but want to stay away from that area for the rest of the time as i stayed near HR when i went to a full moon party many moons ago.... any ideas or recommendations?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,550 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by syna on 9/9/2009 at 16:45

Full Moon Party Ko Tao/Ko Pha Ngan

Posted by bwayne on 1/9/2009 at 01:49

Hi I am arriving in Ko Samui on the 31st of Oct '09 I really want to see both Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao . Should I go to Ko Phan Ngan for two nights providing I can get accomodation (have a possible on- line reservation for bungalow in Haad Yao...Your thoughts on staying here?)and then head out to Ko Tao for two days or rather base myself in Ko Tao and catch a ferry over for the FMP? It the latter possible at all? This will be the last leg of my journey so would like to relax and not ru ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,849 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by syna_one on 9/9/2009 at 16:28

Ko Si Chang

Posted by outofthebubble on 9/9/2009 at 10:09

Hello everyone! My partner and I are about to take off on a 6 month journey throughout southeast asia. When we first fly in to Bangkok we are going to take off to Ko Si Change for a bit to rest and relax before moving on to more exciting places. It's close and easy to get to and looks beautiful. Do you have any recommendations for us while we are there? Any great spots to camp? We have read that the beaches there are terrible (full of trash) and we have read they are surprisingly beauti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,786 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/9/2009 at 13:29

Calypso Cabaret Show and Khao Kheow Open Zoo

Posted by mhlow on 9/9/2009 at 10:51

I'm nearly done with my planning! Just need to ask u guys a few more questions. 1. What is the actual price for the Calypso? The actual website advertised it to be 900 baht but i;ve seen others that are selling them for only 700 baht. I'm just worried that the other websites are not trustworthy. 2. We were thinking of going to the Khao Kheow Open Zoo? Is it worth the trip there? Or shud we just stick to somewhere within bangkok? Thanks guys! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,184 times, with no replies.

bus from sungai kolok

Posted by locatellisilvi on 7/9/2009 at 14:10

We are going to spend a few days in the Perhentians asnd want to get from there to Krabi . I know i have to go to Sungai Kolok but i dont know how to get from here to Krabi. Does anybody know how long it takes. Means of transport? Buses minivans etc? And the times they leave. Can I make it from the Perhenthiens to Krabi in 1 day? Any help is appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,323 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/9/2009 at 08:36

Getting Clothes made for women in Bangkok

Posted by MineyMoo on 7/9/2009 at 19:40

Hello, There is lots of info on where men can get suits made, but can anyone recommend places where women can get dresses etc made, good quality & good prices? many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,281 times, with no replies.

Hi,

Posted by baanforty on 7/9/2009 at 12:19

Is it ok to update an info about a beach resort website here? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 993 times, with no replies.

Amphawa hotels?

Posted by ccalvin09 on 7/9/2009 at 05:15

what are the overnight options near amphawa market? The only thing I seem to be coming up with is the resorty Baan Amphawa, which is too much $$$. A homestay or simple little hotel is all we need. Thoughts? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,469 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by busylizzy on 7/9/2009 at 11:03

Boat to Phuket from Siem Reap?

Posted by ccalvin09 on 6/9/2009 at 06:17

The flight price from Siem Reap to Phuket is killing me. Is there anyway to cross the Gulf by boat? Any info on how to do this, the cost and how long it takes? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,642 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 6/9/2009 at 20:07

delay between flights

Posted by thesage on 2/9/2009 at 03:58

We are flying from Chiang Mai to Krabi. I understand this is only possible via Bangkok. What is the minimum rcommended wait time between flights to guarantee our luggage travels with us?We have 50min between flights, is that sufficient? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,603 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 6/9/2009 at 19:40

Starting with Thailand...

Posted by bronzedwarrior on 4/9/2009 at 05:01

On 31st October the missus and myself will be deserting the misery that is 'Brown's Britain' for nearly 7 months of fun in the sun... And we can't bloody wait! The trip will take in Thailand, Oz, The Philippines, Malaysia and finally Bali/Lombok before heading home in May next year. The reason for my post is this... We've travelled in the area a few times before but only ever towards the end of the 'season'( Feb-March etc ), just wondering what to expect in November and December. We int ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,012 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by bronzedwarrior on 6/9/2009 at 19:14

Trekking in Northern Thailand ?

Posted by boleslav on 2/9/2009 at 02:50

I keep tossing this question back and forth and can not decide on the outcome. Would like to go trekking while in the North, my idea is (maybe naive) to trek somewhere to enjoy the nature, views, local life, do not care for rafting, elephant rides, other tourists. Can you please help me with some direction, Your input is very appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,575 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 5/9/2009 at 23:09

Chiang Mai>Chiang Rai>Luang Prabang>Vientiene

Posted by mukapecah8 on 2/9/2009 at 22:57

Hi guys, My question: starting from chiang mai>chiang rai>luang prabang>end up at vientiane. IN 10 DAYS. I know it will be definite rushing, so any ideas for this 10 days?i might cut chiang rai? or luang prabang? or how? is this possible:? 24-26/12 - chiang mai 3days 27-28/12 - chiang rai 2days 29-31/12 - luang prabang 3days 01-02/01 - vientiane 2days What do u think for 10 days my 'speedo' travel itineraries? ...waiting for the opinion now. plz guide me.thx ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,953 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by mukapecah8 on 4/9/2009 at 20:11

Win a holiday to Thailand

Posted by travelfishnews on 2/9/2009 at 10:09

AP reports "The Tourism Authority of Thailand launched a new campaign Tuesday offering five couples fully paid trips to the country's most popular cities and beaches. In return, they will be asked to blog, chat and tweet about their holiday in a bid to win a grand prize of $10,000, a BlackBerry and a video camera." To enter, all you need do is submit a one minute video to the competition website here: http://ultimatethailandexplorer.com Good luck! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,521 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by tezza on 4/9/2009 at 16:05

FAST answer needed! best treks for this time of year

Posted by halongbay07 on 3/9/2009 at 17:41

im in bangkok at the moment and we really want to do a good jengle trek in the north. one travel agent told us chiang mai national park is the only option at this time of year, is this right? and if not where is the best place for the most authentic treks with the best scenery ect? brucemoon suggested chiang daio which i would have been happy to go to until the travel agent advised us you cant go there cos its still the wet season. any help & tips would be great! Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,837 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by wanderingcat on 3/9/2009 at 20:28

Newly opened B&B in Ayutthaya.We found it!

Posted by nemo on 3/8/2009 at 11:59

We found this newly opened B&B by luck! We arrived Ayutthaya at 9.30 p.m.& wanted to stay at Sherwood house but it was fully booked. Just off a small road beside Sherwood house, we found this newly opened B&B. PROMTONG MANSION. 23 Pathon Soi 19, Ayutthaya. We paid 600THB for an air-con twin room. Our friends paid 550THB for a double room. Breakfast is also included. We wanted to recommend it to you all. PROMTONG MANSION,23 Pathon Soi 19, Ayutthaya. Contact: +66(0)89 1656297, +66(0)89 849981 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,798 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hurray on 3/9/2009 at 17:10

Is this true about Bangkok??

Posted by virusvaleria on 24/8/2009 at 11:56

is it true that the locals in Bangkok live in apartments/houses that don't have the kitchen and that's why there's food stalls everyday, everywhere? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,081 times, with 32 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/9/2009 at 09:04

Koh Libong and Koh Bulon Lae

Posted by saraedario on 2/9/2009 at 18:30

Hi, We will go to Thailand end of Dec/ beginning of January (not the best period I guess!)to Koh Libong and to Koh Bulon Lae. Does anybody have any tips, recommandations? Thanks Sara & Dario ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,754 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 3/9/2009 at 07:04

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page