Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

One month itinerary - Thailand/Laos/Cambodia - Help Please

Posted by naaz on 7/8/2009 at 19:45

Hi there, on tuesday I am travelling to Bangkok and have made a fairly packed itinerary and was wondering if anyone could let me know how reasonable it is? day 1-2 Bangkok day 3-6 Chiang Mai (flight from bkk to chiang mai already booked) day 7-8 Pai day 9- Travel to Chiang Khong day 10-speedboat to Luang Prabang day 11 - Luang Prabang day 12-14 Vang Vieng. Travel to Vientaine on 14th night. day 15- Train from Vientaine (Nong Khai) to Ayuthaya day 16 - Ayuthaya day ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,221 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 10/8/2009 at 00:48

Rafting in Pai

Posted by Noggins on 8/8/2009 at 20:58

Can anyone recommend a good rafting company in Pai for 1 day tours? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,586 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 9/8/2009 at 18:15

buying new glasses in Bangkok

Posted by Pjotra on 8/8/2009 at 01:43

Hi There! Is there anybody who has expirience with buying glasses in Bangkok? I mean, do they make them on the spot, i.e. some hrs. service, and what prices to expect? (I think about buying some new pairs in titanium, not designer-glasses) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,234 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by swag on 9/8/2009 at 07:58

Aircon or fan room?

Posted by pia2am on 26/7/2009 at 23:49

Hi I´m planning my 2 month in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos. Do we, a family of 4, need an aircon room or is a fanroom OK in southern Thailand and islands? Thanks Pia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,497 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/8/2009 at 00:17

Scams - Bangkok +

Posted by BruceMoon on 8/8/2009 at 07:04

There is a recent post here about money loss, and contributors have pointed to KSR as a scam area. For those that may seek to 'educate' themselves on scams that occur in Bangkok, go look here. The site also deals with other scam places: all over Thailand, the airport, and with Thai 'girls'. As is oft said: a fool and his money are soon parted. So, here's your opportunity to educate yourself further. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,324 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 8/8/2009 at 22:44

2nd opinion for the 1st part of my travel itinerary please!!

Posted by Lakey on 31/7/2009 at 19:15

Hello everyone Can I just say what a great site. As a first time solo backpacker reading this site has given me some excellent advice and also put some of the old nervous to rest! In terms of my travel I am not restricted by time at all and want to see as much as I can for the reasonable budget I have. I plan on seeing Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia & Malasyia but as this is the first time I have planned anything like this I would appreciate your advice on the first part. Plan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,427 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 7/8/2009 at 21:02

Making accomodation bookings

Posted by Dannyboy79 on 4/8/2009 at 18:52

Hi, My fiance and I are are planning to travel around SEA for about 3 months from January onwards. How important is it to book accommodation in advance? I'm thinking of booking a hotel in Bangkok and leaving the rest open. Am I setting myself up for days of wondering around looking for a place to sleep? Thanks for your replies! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,025 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 7/8/2009 at 17:25

Help! How do I optimize my trip?

Posted by jbrukh on 5/8/2009 at 12:29

I have 18 days, flying into Bangkok, and at the end of the 18th day, I have to be back in Bangkok. I was hoping to split the trip into three parts: (a) Bangkok and nearby towns, (b) Cambodia, and (c) some islands. For (a), I would like to see Bangkok, and some of: Kanchanaburi, Sangkhlaburi, Ayutthaya, Nakhon Pathom via buses. For (b), I would like to fly to Phnom Penh, bus to Siem Riep, and bus back to Thailand overland. For (c), I was thinking Krabi and nearby Koh Phi Phi, wit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,466 times, with 31 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 7/8/2009 at 16:34

Another drug user loses freedom, lucky to stay alive

Posted by BruceMoon on 5/8/2009 at 17:07

An Australian drug user/mule (idiot!!!) has been sentenced to life imprisonment for a drug crime. As reported in The Australian (url=http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25886849-12377,00.html]here, the idiot pleady guilty to exchange the death penalty for life imprisonment. Drugs!!! - they may be a headspin, but there are consequences... Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,020 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Thaiman on 7/8/2009 at 14:36

BKK to SR 8/11/09 by train/taxi/anyone else to share??

Posted by ideb on 3/8/2009 at 02:47

will be going to siem reap for first time traveling alone..gonna try the train would be nice to meet up with like travelers for help and safety etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,472 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by nzvic on 7/8/2009 at 10:21

Lamphu House or Rambuttri Village Inn

Posted by amz155 on 13/12/2006 at 04:43

Trying to decide between Rambuttri Village Inn and Lamphu House. Both seem to get great reviews. Rambuttri has a pool but Lamphu seems to have gotten better reviews. Quoted 570 Baht for Lamphu and 700 Baht for Rambuttri. Any insight? Suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,711 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by courthag on 6/8/2009 at 23:51

Arriving in Bangkok at midnight

Posted by drudogg on 1/8/2009 at 06:05

I'm arriving at Bangkok airport at midnight. I'll probably be done with customs around 1am and will catch a cab to the Khao San area. Any tips on late night arrivals at the airport and catching a cab? I've read the FAQ about it already here http://www.travelfish.org/faq_answer.php?qID=1, but was wondering whether anyone had any additional tips. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,422 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by carlocargo on 6/8/2009 at 19:36

A couple of virgins

Posted by monkeymania on 5/8/2009 at 18:03

My better half and I will be visiting Thailand from 12 Dec to 8 Jan. It has been top of our list for years, and we can;t believe we have left it so long to visit. But the flights are booked, and there's no going back now! I don't know about you, but a huge chunk of the excitement for me in visiting new places is to read up on all the great places to go and things to do. Since I booked the flights a week ago I have been devouring information (this site has been great!), all on work time of cou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,754 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Nokka on 6/8/2009 at 19:31

Travel Info

Posted by JacknKel on 6/8/2009 at 08:00

Hi There My son & I will be traveling to BKK and we were going to book accomodation for further SE Asia travels from there. We will arrive in October and be traveling up until Jan/feb 2010. Thailand/Laos/Vientnam/Cambodia banck to BKK. Should we book ahead Accom for Xmas/New Year/School Holiday time? Problem is we dont know exactly what country we will be as we were going to wing-it from BKK. Should I be concerned? My son is 12 years old so I dont want to be stuck with no where to sleep. We ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,353 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 6/8/2009 at 09:03

What the hell is happening in Thailand?

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/4/2009 at 18:58

If you're watching the TV news coverage of the situation in Thailand with increasing trepidation, I can't say I blame you. The situation in Bangkok is volatile and appears to be deteriorating rapidly. We'll be writing a longer post about this tomorrow because we want to wait and see what happens overnight -- and we'd advise you to do the same. Keep abreast of the news and we also strongly advise you to get onto Twitter and follow: @newley, @thailandtoday, @andrewspooner, @MAVinBKK, @luke_b ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 18,113 times, with 50 replies. Last reply by whiteelephant on 5/8/2009 at 22:18

Bangkok to Chiang Mai - some suggestions

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/8/2009 at 14:09

Have just added a new feature entitled "What to see between Bangkok and Chiang Mai". It looks briefly at some of the possibilities for those looking for ways to break up the trip. There's an interactive map with it so you can click on the different lines to get brief route explanations and descriptions of the towns. It's far from exhaustive, but should be a handy primer for those scratching their head trying to decide where to go. We'll be adding more of these in the future, so any suggest ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,838 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/8/2009 at 13:02

bangkok 27 th august alone.. looking

Posted by matimulinaris on 5/8/2009 at 11:20

hi im flying from auckland to bangkok on august 27 th. im travelling by my own so it will be nice to meet with someone to travel together or just to go out in khao san road area.and if someone has a good place to stay in khao san road, not so expensive and where i can also meet up with travellers. my plan is to stay in bangkok for 4 days(what i can visit in four days?) and then move to kho phan gan for full moon party, but im open mind to any suggests. thanks, matias ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 842 times, with no replies.

Good & Cheap Chao Phraya River Cruise Dinner

Posted by kkswan on 5/8/2009 at 11:03

Hi Everyone, Will be travelling to Bangkok this weekend. Was just wondering if anyone can recommend some good Chao Phraya River Cruise Dinner so that can enjoy the night scenery during the cruise. My friend and I are hoping that we can get something within this budget 150 ~ 250THB. Not sure if we can get anything within this amount. Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions and how do we book for this tours? Appreciate all your recommendations. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,031 times, with no replies.

Bangkok Airways Crash

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/8/2009 at 14:59

Breaking news of a plane crash at Ko Samui 's international airport involving a Bangkok Airways flight which apparently skidded off the end of the runway. Flight number was PG266 flying from Krabi to Ko Samui -- Thai TV is reporting fatalities, but there are no more details at this stage. Will post more as it comes in. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,083 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by whiteelephant on 4/8/2009 at 22:07

Guide Book help

Posted by jakethedog on 2/8/2009 at 00:35

I curently have a Frommers Thailand 7th edition. Frommers has served me well for trips to europe but seems to be lacking some for Thailand. I saw a Fodors Thailand which seems to have more info and Rough Guide has a new Thai guide book coming out in the fall. I was looking for some comments, recommendations for guidebooks to complement the Travelfish files. Thanks Dan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,543 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 4/8/2009 at 14:36

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page