Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travel Plans for Oct - Suggestions Please??

Posted by MichBee on 14/8/2009 at 12:59

Hi, I've got Thailand as my last leg of my trip... hoping it will be the much needed holiday from the rest of the trip :P I wanted to run what I have at the moment to see if its okay!?! And for any other suggestions. Looking for it to be a bit slow paced but still want to see things. Arrive Bangkok - 1/10/09 Bangkok - 2/10/09 (floating markets and temples) Koi Samui - 3/10/09 Koi Samui - 4/10/09 (cooking class) Koi Samui - 5/10/09 Koi Samui - 6/10/09 Phuket - 7/10/09 Phuket - 8/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,321 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by bwayne on 26/8/2009 at 03:33

bangkok to ko samui scam - getting money back?

Posted by sinstone on 2/8/2009 at 22:02

hey boys and girls, we were taken by the bangkok to ko samui bus scam. got all our big USD and Thai bills stolen from under our noses... both in our checked luggage and in our carry on. We have no clue how they could have been to sneaky to get through our carry on but they did. Thankfully we didn't get our passports or any other stuff stolen. Is there any way we can get our money back? Reporting to the tourist police? Going back to see the "travel agency"? Any suggestions would be appre ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,195 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by SBE on 25/8/2009 at 03:51

floating markets

Posted by splashtree on 23/8/2009 at 22:17

landing in bangkok start of sept. was looking for info on the famous floating markets in and around bangkok. does anyone have a personal recommendations of the markets, either in bangkok or just outside thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,618 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by splashtree on 24/8/2009 at 17:10

Cheap flights, full moon and visa

Posted by dan567 on 23/8/2009 at 18:56

I'm planning a trip which involves travelling from Hanoi through Laos and Cambodia and then in to Thailand. From the 1st Dec -> 11th I plan on attending Suan Mokhh for a 10 day meditation. After that my only plan is to go to the Full Moon party for new years, and then fly to Australia. 1. Is it best to get a Tourist visa before I leave? Or visit an Embassy in Vientiane or Svannakhet on my way past? 2. How far in advance should I turn up to Koh Phangan! Will 19th be early enough to find ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,118 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 24/8/2009 at 05:35

bangkok to angkor wat

Posted by halongbay07 on 31/3/2009 at 01:51

planning a trip over to cambodia inparticular angkor wat, what is the best and easiest way to travel there from bangkok and where can you get a visa? thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,504 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 24/8/2009 at 04:53

Wi fi or Bluetooth in Thailand?

Posted by ellenagger on 23/8/2009 at 18:28

Hi. I'm getting a netbook in Canada and want to know if you can access Wi fi in internet shops/cafes in Thailand. I was so frustrated last trip with the gaming going on in most internet shops (those not catering to foreign tourists) that I thought having my own netbook would be useful. But I need to figure out how and where I can connect. Should I depending on finding Wi fi access (I travel a lot in Isaan, outside large cities) or consider getting a phone with Bluetooth access so I can hook up t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,077 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 23/8/2009 at 20:19

Bangkok accommodation recommendation?

Posted by ellenagger on 23/8/2009 at 17:35

We're looking for a nice place to stay for a few days in BKK. Near Skytrain. Around 600 Baht. Good neighbourhood for street food/markets. No backpacker places, please. Fan is fine, as is shared bathroom. We're hoping to find a place we like for future visits as well. Recommendations welcome. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 23/8/2009 at 19:34

Interested in handweaving with natural dyes?

Posted by ellenagger on 23/8/2009 at 17:41

Off the beaten tourist trap: Khon Kaen city in Isaan. You can reach it by train on the northern line. Visit Prae Pan Group's shop to find cotton and silk weaving, all with natural dyes. This co-op has been going for 20 years. No English, but they get visitors from KK University program in international development so they can manage if you don't speak Thai. More info about Prae Pan here: http://praepangroup.wordpress.com/ Look on the Shop PraePan/Order Here page for a map to their shop. It's a g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,050 times, with no replies.

best way to go from surat thani to malaysia? train/bus or plane

Posted by matimulinaris on 22/8/2009 at 15:40

hi i know that trains and buses are cheaper and plane is plane is faster obviously. but i just want to know if its safe to cross de border by train or bus because of the social problem in south of thailand. and if not which airline have flights from sumai or surat thani to penang/kuala lumpur without a stop on bangkok? thanks, matias 5 days to arrive on thailand haha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,021 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by matimulinaris on 23/8/2009 at 15:20

Lomprayah Combo Ticket - Bangkok - Ko Pha Ngan value?

Posted by alssolotour on 15/8/2009 at 05:51

Hi, Their website says return fare for 2100 TB, bus from bangkok is leaving near my hotel. How does this compare against paying for: getting to bus station + bus to chumphon/surat thani + all ferries in and out and + bus/train back to Bangkok? Do any of you know the approx cost, with a similar standard of bus. Many Thanks for your help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,647 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by matimulinaris on 21/8/2009 at 16:09

Traditional Thai Tattoos

Posted by KatieI on 21/8/2009 at 09:37

Hi I've searched 'tattoos' and read all the messages since 2006. I've noticed that a number of people have been asked to send in details of their experience but couldnt find anything ... can anyone recommend where i could read further on 1st hand experiences? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,584 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by spikybrain on 21/8/2009 at 15:14

After a little more research - advice welcome on itinerary!

Posted by alexlazarus on 19/8/2009 at 00:56

Hello again, I've been researching like billy-oh and have come up with the following itinerary. What do you think? 12/12 arrive in bangkok and overnight 13th train to Phetburi 14th - 15th Kaeng National Park 16th - 17th Bang Suphan 18th - overnight sleeper to Trang (We had wanted to head over to Phang Nga and get a ferry to Ko Yao from Bang Suphan but i can't identify a route - any help?) if not then: Ko Lanta - 4/5 nights Maybe Ko Ngai for 3 nights (this would be over xmas tho ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,625 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by seagypsy on 21/8/2009 at 03:01

Showers and Lockers in Bangkok.

Posted by CobyPW on 19/8/2009 at 06:49

Hello all, Firstly, kudos for the incredible site, has been of much assistance. I was wondering someone might know if there are lockers and showers available either in Bangkok (Suv) airport or somewhere else in Bkk? We are arriving quite early after a decent length trip and fly out again later that night. A shower and a place to dump our packs would be beautiful. Regards. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,054 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 20/8/2009 at 07:34

kho pha ngan full moon party hotel

Posted by halongbay07 on 19/8/2009 at 22:13

as we only want to stay a couple of nights inlcuding the night of the full moon party can anyone suggest somewhere to stay that doesnt require us to stay a mimimum amount of nights? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,883 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/8/2009 at 07:13

Best place for a massage on Koh San Road?

Posted by Geezy on 17/8/2009 at 22:13

I will be arriving late Sunday after travelling a long way from England. I want to get a traditional Thai Massage to relax. Ive heard good things about them and getting my Chi re-alligned. I am staying on Koh San Road. Where is the best place to go? Ta Geezy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,201 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 20/8/2009 at 02:59

Don't cry over spilt milk.... On the train :-)

Posted by think87 on 18/8/2009 at 12:07

Okay so this is just a fun topic I'm hoping to get a few posts with. Every time I've ever rode a 2nd class train in Thailand with the ood trays on the backs of the seats someone has a drink on it then the person in front of them puts there seat up and BAM! lol Splilt drink/food everywhere. I've seen this 6 times with orange drinks alone lol. How many of you have seen the same thing and how many times? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,326 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by SophieAlice363 on 19/8/2009 at 17:35

Very Short Thailand Stay

Posted by AlyssaAnne on 15/8/2009 at 12:24

Am considering flying Sydney to Bangkok (5/01/10) and staying a few days before getting a flight to Vientiane (9/01/10) as it seems better value than a straight trip to Vientiane. Is it stretching it to try and spend a couple of days (arrive evening on the 5th, fly early to Chiang Mai on the 6th and fly back late on the 7th)in Chiang Mai and return to Bangkok to spend a whole day on the 8th before flying out on the 9th? Best to do day trips around Bangkok and save the time and money othe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,845 times, with 36 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 19/8/2009 at 06:22

Thailand Without Borders video

Posted by withoutborders on 19/8/2009 at 02:08

Thailand video if you want to take a look at food, culture, adventure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q593GnPr4C0 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,818 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by withoutborders on 19/8/2009 at 03:27

Best place to get Thai Baht!

Posted by mlr on 12/8/2009 at 13:25

Hey! Just wondering if anyone has got any recommendations on where to get Thai Baht at a good exchange rate? Is it worth getting some in the UK before we leave or are we best getting it in Thailand? And are we as well taking some dollars with us too, especially for Laos & Cambodia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 32,127 times, with 17 replies. Last reply by Sparts on 18/8/2009 at 23:43

Vaccinations Help Needed

Posted by Geezy on 6/8/2009 at 15:37

Sorry to start a new thread about something thats probably been discussed on here but i couldnt find anything and i'm starting to panic a bit. I booked a 2 week trip to Thailand on impulse and i leave in 17 days. I havent had any vaccinations yet. What ones do i need? Do i need them? Have i f****d this part of my planning up? Many Thanks for your replies in advance Geezy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,616 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Geezy on 18/8/2009 at 17:11

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page