Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Where can I go for a 'countryside walk' near Bangkok?

Posted by mangoboy on 20/7/2009 at 16:14

Does anyone know of anywhere near Bangkok where one can go for a 'countryside walk'? i.e. two or three hours strolling through anything which is not concrete and glass. Trees, canals, riverside, jungle, paddys, plantations etc. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,235 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by mangoboy on 28/7/2009 at 15:17

full moon accomadation

Posted by matt89 on 27/7/2009 at 23:05

apologies as this has been covered many times before, im just debating whether to book ahead for the sept full moon party or not. i can arrive 3 days in advance of the party i would be looking to stay somewere on haad rin. ideally ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,176 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 28/7/2009 at 08:16

Phanom Rung stone castle

Posted by silviar on 29/3/2009 at 14:03

anybody knows, if buses from Buriram to Chantaburi + sawngthaews from Ban Ta Ko to Phanom Rung are working in the early morning(between 3-6pm)? wana go there friday form Bkk to see the sunrise on the 4th of April...anybody else has the same plan? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,771 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by jarvis1 on 27/7/2009 at 23:18

Multiple Entry Visa for Thailand

Posted by sevi87 on 20/7/2009 at 12:19

I need to get a multiple entry visa for Thailand. I already got the 30 Day Tourist Visa twice. I am going to Laos this Wednesday and wanted to drop off my passport at the Thai Embassy in Vietnaine but I would leave Laos on a Sunday so I cannot pick my Passport up. Is there any way to get a Multiple Entry Visa on the same day if I pay extra or an Agency which can do it for me? I have already gotten two 30days Visa which expires August 6th and I am staying until September 18th. I have a German ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,456 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by sevi87 on 27/7/2009 at 23:12

Help with Southern Thailand Itinerary

Posted by luchy1309 on 23/7/2009 at 14:18

Hello! I have been using Travelfish itineraries all through my trip in SEA, and have been wonderful. However,now I need a bit of help with planning my trip to the Islands in Thailand. I am flying from Hanoi to Bangkok the night of the 28th of July and have till the 26th of August to explore the islands. I want to go to both sides of the southern islands. The islands I would like to visit are Phi Phi, Lanta, perhaps Riley. And on the Andaman Coast Samui, Tao, and perhaps Phangan. What ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,552 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by luchy1309 on 27/7/2009 at 18:22

Where to go in early September

Posted by balibutterfly on 25/7/2009 at 08:33

My husband and I are traveling to Thailand in early September, spending a few days in Bangkok and then we will have a week where we would like to visit another part of Thailand. Mostly we are looking for somewhere with good weather, nice restaurants and quality massage and a place to stay where we won't feel too crowded and won't be affected by noise in the evenings. At the moment we are considering Chiang Mai or Ko Samet but are open to suggestions. We have already visited Samui. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,368 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 27/7/2009 at 13:46

Honeymoon in the islands

Posted by brinner on 18/2/2009 at 20:54

Hi, We are going to Thailand for 3 weeks on our honeymoon in July. We've been in Thailand before but never got to do the islands, we went North to Chiang Mai and into Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia. Because it's July and rainy season we are going to go to Ko Samui, Ko Tao & Ko Pha Ngan. Does anyone have good recommendations of resorts on these islands that cater for honeymoons? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,027 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by tezza on 25/7/2009 at 10:08

I knew they were pretty stupid but...

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 27/4/2009 at 23:03

...it seems that Thailand is making it very difficult for tourists as of late, and considering how much money they get (and scam) out of tourist it all seems more stupid. Visa changes, bank charges, riots?!! Not quite as appealing as it was a few years ago is it. Anyway, I’m planning my trip there with my wife and baby to meet her grand parents in January next year so I don’t think I will book anything to far in advance now. Let wait and see what else happens.  ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,839 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by Skimonkey on 24/7/2009 at 18:49

Where to stay in Bangkok?

Posted by sophieee on 24/7/2009 at 01:02

Hey! Just trying to find a decent place to stay in Bangkok in August. Has anyone any advice on where they have stayed or know of somewhere? Ideally it would be about $8ish a night but as we're only staying 2 nights, somewhere close to the main sites. Thanks x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,634 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by thailand_asia on 24/7/2009 at 18:24

Indie-kid shopping list

Posted by sinstone on 22/7/2009 at 19:40

hey boys and girls, indie kid here looking to buy a couple of things in Thailand, notably Bangkok. can anyone help finding the following: - plugs (earrings) of 0 gauge size - big thick black rim glasses (broke mine) - nice designer tshirts from Thai designers (not too expensive) anything i shouldn't miss out on buying at the night markets? thanks heaps people! paul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,091 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sinstone on 24/7/2009 at 16:18

Suan Lum Night Market is it still there?

Posted by kkswan on 23/7/2009 at 16:11

Saw an article on Asia Web Direct that Suan Lum Night Market has closed down since April 2006. Is this true? Was thinking of heading there for some street shopping. Can someone let me know if this is true? If this is true can anyone recommend some good night market around Bangkok area. Appreciate all the responds I can get. -- Kkswan ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,904 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by kkswan on 24/7/2009 at 13:53

Is possible reach the BKK airport with a local cheap bus?

Posted by claudiaband on 23/7/2009 at 00:50

Hi, I'm leaving sunday from BKK international airport and i would like to know if there are local cheap buses to reach the airport. ( from Khao San zone) Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,255 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 23/7/2009 at 19:02

Spends

Posted by skane85 on 23/7/2009 at 02:31

Hey...just trying to budget my 6 month trip to SEA i am just back from a 2 week holiday in Thailand we spared no expense on food alocohol and many many other extras as well as top notch accommodation. I am headin back in September, on a modest budget of €4000, i really want to experience the real Thailand so i am more than willing to eat street food sleep in basic accom, i just dont want to feel under pressure and counting every penny. Is 4000 euro a reasonable amount? the only real splurge i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,120 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by skane85 on 23/7/2009 at 17:39

Which is better?

Posted by kkswan on 23/7/2009 at 14:12

Hi, Just want an opinion between this 2 floating market. Would you visit Amphawa or Lampaya Floating Market? Me and friends are planning to visit the floating market but not sure which one to go? By the way, which one easier to find and travel to? Thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 928 times, with no replies.

Looking for budget accommodation in Haad Rin, Koh Pha Ngan

Posted by shazhippychild on 22/7/2009 at 23:46

I will be in Haad Rin for the September Full Moon Party and am struggling to find a suitable place to stay. We want to stay specifically on Haad Rin Nok (the sunrise side) and am looking for bungalow style places up to 350 THB. If anyone has any suggetions I would appreciate it SO very much! Peace, Shaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,783 times, with no replies.

New Road Guest House

Posted by chatz on 11/6/2009 at 02:57

Hey ppl Just pondering but i have been researching places to stay in bangkok and i came across New Road Guest House, seems like a quality place to find my feet, however it is not on Khao San Road but on the Charoen Road. Is Charoen far from KSR and how does one get to Chareon Road? As it is my first time to Bangkok, all advice is greatly appreciated : ) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,870 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Skimonkey on 22/7/2009 at 22:34

changing kip to baht

Posted by sinstone on 19/7/2009 at 20:33

hey folks, just crossed to thailand from laos at the huay xai/chiang khong border. i didn't exchange my kip (over 100 AUD) because the exchange office was closed and i was expecting to be able to change my kip to baht chiang rai. now... its sunday, and the exchange offices don't want my kip... did i just lose 100 dollars aud? any suggestions! much appreciated!!! happy to be in thailand! paul ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,358 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sinstone on 22/7/2009 at 19:41

London to Bangkok to Laos

Posted by wanderingwalters on 21/7/2009 at 20:22

Hi All Hopefully i've posted this in the right area as i'm not 100% sure of where to ask this, but here goes. I leave Heathrow for Bangkok on 8th November and arrive 7.40, 9th November. I plan to flight straight to Luang Parbang without really leaving the the airport but i'm unsure of what time to book the flight. I'm guessing around 1pm'ish to leave time for delays, to collect my bags and get checked back in. Does that sound about right? or do you thing i should leave longer? oh an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,407 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by BruceMoon on 22/7/2009 at 19:12

1 month in SE, travel help?

Posted by nickziemann on 18/7/2009 at 02:54

Hey folks, I have a little over a month to see a bit of thailand and surrounding areas this october. I've got an idea of the things that I'd like to see (Ive cut them down a ton from my original plan, after getting some "less is better" advice on here) Would you mind if I posted my rough itinerary and you could tell me if its too much/too little time in certain areas. Or if Im planning on going to the wrong cities/beaches. I want to spend a handful of days in Bangkok, then use it as a h ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,036 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by whiteelephant on 22/7/2009 at 17:33

Floating Market Damnoen Saduak

Posted by dawntlc on 28/2/2009 at 19:06

I would like to see this floating market Damnoen Saduak is it possible without joining any tour. Can you tell me how if i'm coming from Soi Kasem San 1. which is cheaper joining or not? if joining a tour can you recommend one? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,526 times, with 19 replies. Last reply by kkswan on 22/7/2009 at 16:24

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page