Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

NEW Word Association Game

Posted by brucemoon on 2/6/2009 at 12:02

Some 3 years ago, tsargood, initiated a Word Association Game. tsargood wrote: I thought it would be interesting to create a Word Association Game here on Travelfish. How does this work? I will write a word and then the next person will write another word, whatever comes into your mind when you read the last written word. And that’s how it goes, on and on…… I will start it off with an obvious choice. ‘Travel’ - - - - - A week ago, khunwilko sought an explanat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,752 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 5/6/2009 at 20:02

Getting around Ko Samui

Posted by brinner on 3/6/2009 at 23:23

Hi, Looking at the map of Ko Samui, is it hard to get from Thong Ta Kien Bay to Tailing Ngam Beach and then onto Mae Nam Beach? Is it hard to get around the whole island? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,333 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/6/2009 at 08:30

Ko Samui - Ko Phan Ngan in 17 days

Posted by brinner on 2/6/2009 at 20:07

We will be in Thailand in July on our Honeymoon for 3 weeks. We are spending 4 days in bangkok, then fly to Ko Samui. So we have 17 days in the islands. We want to mix it up between relaxing and lively. We are thinking of going to Chaweng for lively. Then more relaxed for Thing Ta Kien Bay, Choeng Mon Beach and Mae Nam Beach . These are all relatively close to one another, so relatively easy to get to. We were thinking of Taling Ngam Beach but it looks far away on the map. Is it har ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,648 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/6/2009 at 20:25

Word Association Game

Posted by tsargood on 31/8/2006 at 19:44

Hey Somtam, I thought it would be interesting to create a Word Association Game here on Travelfish. How does this work? I will write a word and then the next person will write another word, whatever comes into your mind when you read the last written word. And that’s how it goes, on and on…… I will start it off with an obvious choice ‘Travel’ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,613 times, with 67 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 2/6/2009 at 09:52

How does this itinerary look to you???

Posted by misterwoods on 20/5/2009 at 23:49

We are a couple in our mid 20's, fairly fit and eager, and hoping to see and do as much as we can in 1 month. Our budget is approx 30 euros/40 dollars per day, plus a couple of hundred on top for extras (hoping to spend no more than about 1200 euros / 1650 dollars). Our accom will be 'flashpacker' - somewhere between budget and mid range! I have checked out all travel between places we want to go and have a good idea about it all. The only things we have booked ahead are accom in BKK on arri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,044 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by stanang on 31/5/2009 at 17:40

anyone currently in nth thailand heading to cambodia?

Posted by lia444 on 30/5/2009 at 08:50

Hi :) I am in Chang Mai until Sunday/Monday and then continuing on my own perhaps to pai and eventually in to laos over the next week. Is anyone else traveling alone (or in a group) and looking for travel friends?? -Lia ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,663 times, with no replies.

Exploring Ko Tao?

Posted by beachfunguy on 29/5/2009 at 17:52

Hello, I am styaing with the masses in haad sairee right now and really enjoying it. But am keen to explore the island... specifically places like: Ao Hin Wong, Ao Leuk, etc. I saw Johnny posted on the Ko Tao for Non-Divers page that you can walk to the east coast? Is this really possible, anybody have anymore information on it? Read everything about the roads... With it not being wet season, could a scooter make it to some of the eastern coast places? Or do you need a motorbi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,521 times, with no replies.

Best sushi in Bangkok - within reasonable budget?

Posted by jessieo on 28/5/2009 at 18:46

Hi! Can anyone recommend a good sushi place in Bangkok, preferably near Sukhumvit or Silom? Last time there I tried Oishi Grand - and it was pretty good (mind boggling selection!) but at nearly 800 Baht a person I cannot do it this time! I would prefer a smaller place- hopefully Japanese run. My only stipulation is that the restaurant does not serve shark fin. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,503 times, with no replies.

Discovery Airpass Question

Posted by cbaumga2 on 21/5/2009 at 00:40

I am in the process of purchasing tickets w/ the Discovery Airpass. I have contacted the agent in Chicago listed on Travelfish. She will be sending me a Paypal account where I make the payment for the tickets. Once the tickets are paid for, she will send me the e-tickets via email. Is this similar to the process others have used? I just want to make sure this is legitimate. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,254 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mweldon on 27/5/2009 at 09:53

From Peninsula Hotel to Khoa San Road

Posted by brinner on 25/5/2009 at 20:07

Hi, We are thinking of booking the Peninsula Hotel in Bangkok. Address 333 Charoennakorn Road, Klongsan. It is the other side of the river and I am wondering if it is too inconvenient to get to places like Khoa San Road etc especially after a few beers on the way home! Could someone let me know if it is far away as I am having trouble figuring out. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,787 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 26/5/2009 at 18:40

Traveling from BKK to one's hotel, alone, at 22:30

Posted by srk052004 on 18/5/2009 at 07:51

Hi all. This is a newbie question, but for some reason I'm missing some key info. It seems that there have been some problems (cf. Mexico City) with taxis at the airport hijacking you and robbing you. Is this correct? If so, then it is very important to get these instructions clear. Here is what it says in the FAQ: "[Take a ] Taxi and preferably not alone. Ignore all the touts inside the terminal. Leave the terminal and follow the signs for Taxi to get to the rank, where you tell the a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,890 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by srk052004 on 26/5/2009 at 01:16

Mulibile entery visa for thailand,,How long is it valid for? 3 questions for you!

Posted by tropicaladventure on 25/5/2009 at 17:02

Hi all,,,,will get a multible entery visa for thailand soon, i enter for 90days then have to leave and coross into to country again,,, I will get a 90days stamp at the border???? how long is the visa valid? Do I have to pay for the 90stamp each time? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,613 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by mikethediver on 25/5/2009 at 19:12

Claims of Police 'corruption' in Phuket

Posted by brucemoon on 20/5/2009 at 12:15

Some may be aware of the plight of an Australian being held in a Phuket jail following what has been described as a 'prank' gone wrong: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/travel-news/nightmare-in-phuket-after-bar-prank-20090519-be9j.html Following this, more stories have emerged of foreigners (apparently) on the wrong end of the Thai legal 'process'. For example: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/travel/travel-news/return-to-phuket-turns-into-holiday-from-hell-20090519-be71.html ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,128 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/5/2009 at 14:40

Single travelling, koh samui/koh phangan advice?!

Posted by summers357 on 23/5/2009 at 23:50

I am a female travelling alone to Koh Samui for a few weeks at the beginning of July...i'm after any advice anyone can give me really! Where is best to stay? Somewhere cheap (with hot water!), friendly (possibly to meet some like-minded people!) and by the beach. A lot of places seem to be set up for familes/couples and i'd rather meet other groups/single travellers. I would love to take a dive course out there however have been told Koh Tao may be best for this...there is also a full moon p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,584 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/5/2009 at 09:19

Rooms per person or flat rate?

Posted by jsham84 on 8/5/2009 at 21:14

Sorry I know this has probably been posted a billion time but I looked for a long time and couldn't find it. Anyways I was just wondering if rooms in Thailand and in southest asia in general are usually paid per person or by a flat rate? Thanks for any help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,095 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 25/5/2009 at 09:09

ATM charges complain to these people...

Posted by mikethediver on 22/5/2009 at 15:33

Can't find the original thread for the 150 Baht ATM charges, but if you are unhappy with the charge complain!! Email the following people: atmpool@tba.or.th and cc center@tat.or.th (NOTE the address' are correct it is or.th and NOT org.th as you might expect). I even got a reply! Don't suffer in silence, let the banks and TAT know you are unhappy (if indeed you are!). Who knows the more people who complain, maybe, just maybe, some thing will happen....(Don't really believe that but it ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,483 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 23/5/2009 at 13:15

Ko Pha Ngan Full Moon Party Accomidation Recomendation???

Posted by beachfunguy on 22/5/2009 at 13:17

Hello, We will be going to the June full moon party. Couple questions? 1. Do we need to book in adcvance, on the Travelfish page, seems like they dont recomend doing it really? we will be there about 4 days before the party. 2. Can anyone reccomend a good accomidation spot. Looking for something maybe a short distance out of Hat rin, with nice beach and a bit lively. Thanks for your time, BeachFunGuy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,730 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/5/2009 at 07:53

Pattaya to Siam Reap

Posted by mojojaja on 22/5/2009 at 13:09

Can someone advise me if it is possible to take a bus / train from Pattaya to Siam Reap? And if so, how much would it cost? I would like to hear from your experience. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,925 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/5/2009 at 07:39

sending laptop to Thailand

Posted by freeradical on 18/5/2009 at 23:35

I want to send my daughter her laptop from the UK to southern Thailand. She is teaching there for there for the next six months. Any advice on how I could go about doing this safely? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,978 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by freeradical on 21/5/2009 at 20:26

Ko Pha Ngan Trip

Posted by Lyoungie on 17/12/2008 at 07:58

Hi, I am going to Ko Pha Ngan and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a place to stay? Also things to do, places to eat? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,954 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by larryfromberkley on 21/5/2009 at 03:50

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page