Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

need some help/ tips

Posted by skydevil on 11/2/2009 at 15:55

Hello, first of all, i want to introduce me. I've found this great page by research a short trip to thailand. Great job in doing this page! More about me in my members details I need some tips for a stay in Ko Samet. Because of a friends wedding a will stay a few days (26.02.-01.03.) in Ko Samet. Do i need some reservations in advance or just drop down there? Greets from Cologne Dirk ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,217 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by skydevil on 13/2/2009 at 02:22

Want to wake up surrounded by rice paddies

Posted by jBird on 9/2/2009 at 22:15

We will be in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam for 2 months starting in May 2009. Where is the best place to wake up surrounded by rice paddies. Don’t mind roughing it a bit, though wife wouldn't be to keen on staying somewhere with critters IN the room. As always, thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,995 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Rufus on 12/2/2009 at 13:39

Why are all the trains and flight booked out??

Posted by Isobel_123 on 11/2/2009 at 12:29

Hello, I fly in Friday 20th at 9.40 into BKK and want to get over to Ko Samui asap.. but the problem is, all the flights over there and the train to surat thani are booked out.. is there an event out that I dont know about? I ddint think it would be that busy this time of year.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,410 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 12/2/2009 at 11:18

Will Thai clothes fit me?

Posted by mrnoxious on 5/2/2009 at 19:44

I've read alot about travelling light and buying clothes as and when needed, but I am above average size for a Brit, let alone a Thai. I'm 6 foot 7 with a 40 inch leg, will I be able to buy "cheap" clothes that fit me? Do they make fishermans pants that long? If they do, where's the best place in Bangkok for Big Man clothes shopping?! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,749 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by mrnoxious on 11/2/2009 at 17:57

Ko Pha Ngan accomodation recommendation

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 9/2/2009 at 21:55

I am in Ko Samui and am looking for some budget accomodation, ideally a bugalow with a hammock and some decent social scene. ie.e at least one nice place with a pit of character people can congregate. Open to suggestion. I assume a lot of people will leave very sson after the FMP and now could be a good time to snap something up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,065 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by charlotte1208 on 11/2/2009 at 12:41

train form Bangkok to Surat Thani ( Kr- how to book?

Posted by knot01 on 31/1/2009 at 19:25

hi, I want to book a night sleeper on this route, any recommendation? Is there any www I can safely book train tickets for above route? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,077 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 10/2/2009 at 23:18

Travelling partner sought! now!

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 9/2/2009 at 21:39

I'm current in Ko Samui and will be around here and local islands for 1 week. not sure for the 5 days after that I am then heading up to chang mai and around that region (possible pai) for a week then going on to laos and cambodia. I'm going well over budget and think having some to share a room with and some expenses would be of benefit to both. For some reason people only seem to travel in even numbers! maybe that because its couples and people smart enough to go with someone else and sa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,528 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 10/2/2009 at 23:02

a week to explore - starting in Phuket

Posted by pilinka on 9/2/2009 at 16:39

A friend and I are going to Phuket in March and will be in Thailand for three weeks. I am visiting family in Phuket so want to stay mostly there, but my friend who is a first time traveller would like to see some old/ancient/architecture/temples/ruins and such. I am thinking of taking her to Nakorn Si Thammarat, but wonder if anyone has some other ideas. Going all the way up north seems kind of far and complicated, so would prefer to stick within the Southern regions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,860 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 10/2/2009 at 22:53

Travelling to Thailand in July

Posted by IanB on 10/2/2009 at 00:54

Hiya I was thinking of visiting Southern Thailand on my honeymoon for a couple of weeks. However everything i have read suggests that it is likely to be the rainy season. I was wondering am i going to be rained on for two weeks and not have any nice weather. In addition to this can anyone reccommend a good hotel/resort in the south poss Krabi/Phuket. Cheers Ian ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,916 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Lother on 10/2/2009 at 16:04

Andaman Sea and Gulf of Thailand Islands

Posted by TheGoose on 9/2/2009 at 22:20

I plan to visit islands on both sides. Is anyone able to recommend the best 4/5 islands for both sides? I want to visit all the main ones - Samui, Phi Phi but also some of the quieter more secluded ones. Any suggestions? Thanks! :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,399 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 10/2/2009 at 05:59

Where to stay last night, close to Suan Lum

Posted by amz155 on 5/2/2009 at 10:04

On our last day in Bangkok, we will be coming from the Suvarnabhumi Airport (back from Krabi) and will need a place to stay for one night. On our last night we would like to visit Suan Lum Night Bazar if its still open at the time. The next morning we fly home. Most likely we will be at Suan Lum until late and will need to take a taxi back to our hotel. Where should we stay: -that is either a safe quick walk back to hotel or a cheap metered cab ride from Suan Lum to hotel AND -is ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,838 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by exacto on 10/2/2009 at 03:30

Bangkok to Southern Islands

Posted by TheGoose on 5/2/2009 at 18:49

Hi, I was just wondering, what would be the best island to head to first from Bangkok? In terns of cost and journey length. I can't afford flights so will be travelling over ground on public transport. I also intend to do a spot of island hopping whilst down there. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,221 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by simonmobiledisco on 9/2/2009 at 21:43

The Lima Place Hotel

Posted by thelimaplace on 9/2/2009 at 17:02

Dear Madam or Sir I am the marketing staff of The Lima Place Hotel in Ayutthaya. I would like to be listed our hotel on your site. Could you please suggest us how to do it? Our hotel information as below. Name : The Lima Place Hotel Web : www.limaplace.com E-mail : info@limaplace.com Price : 400-700 baht No. : 75 rooms & 1 function room Tel : 66 35 801808 Fax : 66 35 801800 Your reply would be much appreciated. Thank you very much with best regards, Suwimon Atsawathammarat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,555 times, with no replies.

can you get canned spinach in thailand?

Posted by redrob on 14/1/2009 at 22:21

can you get canned spinach in thailand? hi everyone. i know its a strange question but i've got ulcerative colitis which affects my bowel and eating canned spinach really seems to help. do they sell it in shops/supermarkets? any help is much appreciated ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,578 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by redrob on 8/2/2009 at 16:06

Haircut in Thailand

Posted by simonmobiledisco on 2/2/2009 at 19:14

I am about to leave to go travelling in asia and could do with a haircut so i'm nice and cool and no horrible tan lines when i get it cut again Now i don't expect it to be like in London, but I would like to remain resonable attractive (got to the best i can with my locks) have people had experiences with getting a hair cut, was there any comminication issues? Would saying, give me a local look be style suicide? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,834 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by BigRoss on 8/2/2009 at 11:54

Where are the best islands?

Posted by katematuska on 27/1/2009 at 11:03

I am planning to travel through sth thailand for two weeks and have Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao in mind then doing island day trips from these islands, is this the way to go, will i find some UBELEIVABLE beaches from these spots!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,174 times, with 21 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 5/2/2009 at 22:52

Will I melt?

Posted by mrnoxious on 4/2/2009 at 23:25

Hi, I've been browsing through the Travelfish site for a few weeks now and have to say, wow, so much useful info. We have booked flights to Thailand in May for our honeymoon. We are aiming to spend a week or two in the North, Chiang Mai for a bit of trekking and then a week or two on the beach, probably Ko Samui or nearby islands. (With a small amount of time in Bangkok as it's our first visit to Thailand) I am a very fair skinned person that is particularly susceptible to burning when ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,374 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by mrnoxious on 5/2/2009 at 19:24

romantic island getaway?

Posted by somebodyelse on 30/1/2009 at 22:35

hi folks, am looking for a romantic long weekend beach getaway from singapore and thought the thai islands looked the best bet. not looking for the party scene but more of secluded hut on the beach etc kinda thing. any recommendations? hopefully more towards the budget/flashpacker range on the price scale. thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,670 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 16:08

Which Southern Island

Posted by Dogarama on 25/9/2008 at 20:05

I am visiting Thailand in late November and have been searching for an ideal island destination for late in the trip, following visits to Bangkok, Cambodia and Laos. We are looking for something very relaxing, not overly touristy, with some beautiful scenery, perhaps a "diamond in the rough." We were looking at Samui/Tao/Phangan and were leaning toward the latter. Is the weather in issue in late November? Should we be considering another area (Krabi or elsewhere)? If weather is suitabl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,146 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 15:58

Koh Phangan, Koh Lant and Krabi

Posted by katematuska on 5/2/2009 at 07:30

Thinking of the ebst way to travel to these places and if this is a good combination? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,125 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 5/2/2009 at 15:34

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page