Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

motocycle rentals and passports

Posted by stevenrussell on 20/12/2008 at 08:06

just wondering how to deal with traveling on a rented motocycle to areas of northwest thailand where they say there are security checks near the borders and they ask for your passport,[ which you gave to the rental place.] can you give a photocopy of passport to rental places. or is the only way to just rent the motocycle and ride in the specific area where you will be. advice would be helpful thanks,as I would like to rent a motocycle for weeks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,261 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/12/2008 at 10:18

TRavel plan

Posted by mowgli on 20/11/2008 at 18:16

Just after some advice, headin to cambodia and thailand on saturday for 4 weeks. Just wondering what people thought of ths itinerary, as in maybe to many places? Siem Reap - 3 nights Phnom Penh - 2 nights Kampot - 1 night Sihanoukville - 3 nights Koh Kong - 2 nights Bangkok - 2 nights Overnight train to Surat Thani - 1 night Ko Pha Ngan - 8 nights Bangkok - 2 nights Id like to arrive in Pha Ngan later but we arrive on the 8th of december, for the full moon on the 12th. You reckon ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,762 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sirhalberd on 20/12/2008 at 09:29

Change in plans

Posted by Isobel_123 on 18/12/2008 at 07:32

Unfortunately due to some complications, my g/f and i have to reduce our, once amazingly fanstic 6 week trip of thailand, vietnam and cambodia down to only a bit over 3 weeks- eeekkk!!!! 23 days in total.. im devo'd but need your help to break it down. i know ppl will say dont do as much and cut out some countries, but after planning it so well, and getting my hopes up i really want to fit all three countries in. Is it worthwhile making room for chiang mai? i really want to see it, but will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,426 times, with 20 replies. Last reply by basejump on 19/12/2008 at 10:46

Is this itinerary too ambitious?

Posted by flea on 12/12/2008 at 20:40

Hello, I've been glued to this website for the past few nights. So informative! If anyone can offer some advice on this itinerary it'd be greatly appreciated. I plan to get the Discovery Airpass to save time and fly between each place. Arrive Bangkok 23/12 (2 nights) Chiang Mai (3 nights) Luang Prabang (6 nights) Vientiane (3 nights) Siem Reap (2 nights) Bangkok - Thai island (5 nights) Fly out of Bangkok 13/1 Would love to get some feedback on how viable this is. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,938 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/12/2008 at 23:35

Ive been firedf rom my job for this trip- so I need to make it worth it!

Posted by Haych on 3/12/2008 at 09:45

Hey guys, Firstly this site rocks on so many levels, so informative and great to see everyone giving their advice. Im heading around Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam and have posted my itinerary below. I want to make this trip with my partner amazing. Not only see sites that has made these countries famous, but also I want to experience them in a way which not many ppl see. Any help or suggestions would be great. I dont know how long to spend in most places, but Ive guessed. Cheers Guys ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,394 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/12/2008 at 23:00

QUIET, romantic Islands

Posted by steveslie on 11/12/2008 at 09:48

Hi there! My fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon to Thailand from 20th Jan to the 12th of Feb and are trying to figure out where to go that will be quiet and secluded without stacks of tourists. Can anyone reccommend? Should we go to the Adang islands, near Phuket or to the ones like Ko Samui? We hear that Ko Samui is packed with tourists but that if you travel out of the hub it's good and quiet and you wouldn't know you were there, where are those areas and beaches? We are not wanting to s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,207 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/12/2008 at 21:38

My journey to Thaiand's island - Samui

Posted by jaat on 5/12/2008 at 08:45

Hi, Sounds like you had a great time! Ko Samui is a cool island indeed. Doessn't sound like you done much outside the resort tho??? Did you like the Thai Food, what was your fav dish? Did you try any of the Thai whiskys or beers? Ko Phuket is a similler tourist spot like samui on the west cost. But if you want a real taste of Thailand check out Isaan. (North East Thailand) The thing I love about Thialand is you can have so many different 'types' of holidays in one county. :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,663 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/12/2008 at 21:32

Pai -anyone been?

Posted by MEvans on 15/12/2008 at 16:16

My boyfriend and I are travelling to Thailand in Feb and planning to spend 4 nights or so in Pai, I have several questions - Can anyone recommend anaywhere nice to stay (we are willing to pay up to £20.00 per night), would also ideally like to book in advance if poss? Any good trekking companies? My doctor has advised that I take Malaria tablets when visiting this area, do you guys agree? Also any tips on cool things to do and see would be great. Thanx :o) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,975 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 18/12/2008 at 20:06

Tentative Thai Traveller

Posted by Canudigit on 17/11/2008 at 10:41

Hello Fellow Thai Travellers, I am a first timer to Asia and thought Thailand would be 'Asia Light'. I leave Jan. 5 for two months, and have applied for the 60 day Thai tourist visa from the embassy in Ottawa. (Am Canadian) Am also a little scared. If you can answer the following, from your experience, would appreciate it. 1) What is the best wary to carry money - I heard they charge for each traveller's cheque cashed, and that the bank machine fees are also high. 2) Any chance of getti ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,720 times, with 43 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 18/12/2008 at 12:48

thailand visa

Posted by rhysie01 on 17/12/2008 at 19:31

Hi I'm travelling to thailand end of jan 09, flying in from london and intend on staying 7 days before moving on to loas. Because I've only a one way ticket do I need a visa because I have no return ticket. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,104 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/12/2008 at 08:28

bangkok ot chaing mai

Posted by basejump on 15/12/2008 at 18:26

hi if you only had 2 and a half days in thailand would you choose to spend it in bangkok or chaing mai or split your time? We have a stopover in thailand on the way to Luang Prabang and can either fly out of bangkok or chaing mai and could even spend a night in bangkok and two nights in chaig mai before heading into laos. we are traveling to LP for pii mai in april 2009 via bangkok we currently plan to be in LP for 4 nights we can fly to LP ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,755 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by basejump on 17/12/2008 at 22:25

Accomodation in Phuket for March

Posted by Isobel_123 on 5/12/2008 at 11:23

It should be so easy... but for some reason its the hardest. Its pretty expensive in comparison, which is to be expected. Dont want to spend more than 1800baht a night for a nice place on the beach, close to Patong but away enough to be able to get a spot on a nice beach. Kamala, Surin? I dont know... Help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,792 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 17/12/2008 at 20:45

Do you need Laos Kip - are you in Chiang Mai now?

Posted by scottandcarro01 on 10/12/2008 at 17:33

Hi there We are in Chiang Mai now and are looking to exchange our excess LaosKip with someone who is heading to Laos. We are offering it at a good rate!!! Please contact us on scottandcarro@yahoo.com.au We are staying in Chiang Mai for the next few days - we are in a central location and are happy to drop into a guesthouse! Cheers Scott and Carro ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,394 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Rufus on 17/12/2008 at 18:08

Is Nagi of Mekong still in business?

Posted by terryMac on 17/12/2008 at 04:05

We are planning on going down the Mekong to get to Luang Prabang and this Nagi of Mekong looked like a nice affordable option from the apparantly less comfortable boats. However I don't hear much about them anymore. Are they still in business? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,051 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/12/2008 at 14:47

Is there an "unlost" paradise, with great snorkeling, close to Krabi?

Posted by talder on 7/12/2008 at 06:27

We're heading to Krabi in mid-February, and have been looking at Phi Phi, but following our research are feeling that it's too much of a tourist trap. Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,194 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by irisheyes on 16/12/2008 at 12:33

Ko Lanta - Lanta Paradise Bungalows - really cheap deal for Christmas & New Year!

Posted by VandM on 16/12/2008 at 05:51

Hi If you're looking for accommodation on a thai island for Christmas & New Year you've just come to the right place! We were due to be on Ko Lanta for the holidays as part of a long trip through Asia. Unfortunately due to illness we had to bail out early and unfortunately for us (not for you) we had already booked and paid for 10 nights at the Ko Lanta paradise resort from 23 December. We thought we had some takers but they've decided to stay in Cambodia so now we're offering this up ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,942 times, with no replies.

Craziest parties in Thailand

Posted by Undertoned on 10/12/2008 at 23:30

Hello Which resort in Thailand is best for these crazy full moon parties? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,588 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 14/12/2008 at 18:09

travel and visa deals bangkok to vietnam

Posted by sayadian on 13/12/2008 at 00:35

I have heard about 'flight plus visa deals' going from bangkok to vietnam.Has anyone had any experience of these. I assume it would be a KhaoSan Rd operator.Prices and comments would be gratefully received ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,879 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/12/2008 at 15:27

Penang to Krabi

Posted by cathg on 10/12/2008 at 00:01

Hi all Does anyone have any experience of travelling overland from Penang to Krabi? If yes, maybe you could help: What's the best way to do this - train & bus? only bus? Can it be done in one go, or would I have to do it in bits? How long approx is the journey? And is getting the visa at the border relatively simple? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,276 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by fondo on 11/12/2008 at 11:58

Need a recommended dentist - broke a tooth or to have stitches removed

Posted by tlm44 on 3/12/2008 at 12:20

I met a man on the plane who recommened a place here called dental land - near amari racome... or something like that.... I am staying at the Smile GH - fairly central and need this fixed asap.... it hurts.... also if any one has suggestions for a Dr that would be great as well. GH says to check out hospital..... Now if renting a bike make sure the back brakes works and wish you were really drunk cuz then it would be far less embarassing.... (It is a back tooth at least....) anyo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,834 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tlm44 on 10/12/2008 at 10:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page