Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

The Down Low On Nakorn Si Thamarat Beaches and Kanom.

Posted by Spencerh on 12/10/2008 at 15:30

We just got back from Kanom and the surrounding beaches. We used travelfish exclusively for our info and would like to clear some things up. 1. It's easiest to get to Kanom from Surat Thani. There are mini buses that leave all day for 100 baht a person. If you pay anymore than this, you are being ripped off. You get on the bus in the back left corner of the old market in town. 2. There is only one guesthouse that is in a backpackers price range. It is in the town of kanom and called ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,454 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Spencerh on 13/10/2008 at 19:12

Necessary Immunizations?

Posted by jessnagy on 30/9/2008 at 02:50

Hi there, My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Southeast Asia in January of 2009 for four months. We're trying to avoid the fees at the travel clinic, so wondering if anyone knows of shots we will need other than tetanus, hep A & B, and yellow fever? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jessica ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,198 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 13/10/2008 at 01:28

New Years in Southern Thailand.

Posted by Prototype on 9/10/2008 at 07:54

G'day all, I hope life finds you all well. Me and 3 or 4 mates are heading to Phuket on the 22nd of December, and staying on the mainland until the 26th when another friend arrives and we will be heading to an island for New Years festivities. The rest of the crew will be leaving on the 5th of January, bar me and one other friend who plan on heading North for 6 weeks. I have a couple of basic questions for you lovely people. 1) We'll more than likely stay in Patong on arrival to Phuket. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,863 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 11/10/2008 at 15:59

cambodia to Thailand

Posted by ee104 on 10/10/2008 at 18:46

Hi guys, we will be coming from Siem Reap back into Thailand and i was wondering about a few places to stop off en route to the islands? is it possible to go from Koh Chang across the water to the islands? any advice would be great! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,425 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 11/10/2008 at 13:51

Koh Jum oct 08 with kids

Posted by Tissi on 3/10/2008 at 20:45

hi e'body we r planning to go to koh jum on oct 19. any good ideas how to get to koh jum lodge from krabi airport, or what is the cheapest way? also, anything special to care about because we r travelling with 2 kids [5 and 1 yrs]. any sandflies etc? how long to get to Jum village from Golden Pearl Beach by feet? any special suggestion when being on koh jum? except hanging out.... TIA tissi & beuger ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,269 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tissi on 9/10/2008 at 17:43

Leaving next week

Posted by mic59 on 7/10/2008 at 18:02

I'm going to Thailand on 15th Oct. If anyone can give me a few more tips on what to do I'd appreciate it. At the moment I'm intending to go to Chiang Mai, Soppong, Tham Lod, Nan, Nong Khai and then finish up at a beach, possibly Ban Saphan Yai. I've got 6 weeks, is there anywhere else I should consider? Remembering this is a holiday and I don't want to be rushing around trying to catch connecting buses with a minute to spare. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,808 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/10/2008 at 15:26

where to go kho samui

Posted by macdaisy on 9/10/2008 at 11:38

hi my friend and i are travellin (flying from siem reap) to kho samui on saturday and were wondering where is good to go beach wise and location, and if anyone had any experiences on somewhere to stay! thanks for the help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,580 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 9/10/2008 at 14:56

Bangkok to KL on land -help needed

Posted by dirinor on 7/10/2008 at 20:49

Hi Everyone, What's the best way to plan for a trip to KL from Bangkok by land? We want to stop in Ko Tao on the way. What buses/train should we take, where do we take them, how long is the trip, etc. We have 14 days after leaving Bangkok for the hole trip including our stay in KL and Ko Tao. Any help you all can extend will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance! P.S. Is diving in Ko Tao in January bad due to monsoon period? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,320 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by dsperling on 9/10/2008 at 05:23

Can you get Malarone malaria tabs in Bangkok?

Posted by rhymeandreason on 1/10/2008 at 15:53

Starting in Thailand, then heading to malaria hotspots of Cambodia and Laos. We've been recommended Malarone (mozzies resistant to other meds there!) but you have to get a private prescription and tabs are nearly £3 each in UK. Anyone know if Malarone is available in Bangkok yet? (I hear there's a Boots in Khoa San Road!!) - and do we need prescription or is it just over the counter? cheers, R&R ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 16,786 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Gorey on 8/10/2008 at 20:17

Ko Lanta day trips to other islands

Posted by rhingo on 6/10/2008 at 02:41

Greetings, All: My wife and I will be honeymooning in Koh Lanta this December (12/9-12/14). We were wondering whether there are day-trips available by boat to nearby islands, like Ko Kradan and others. we'd love to check out some more deserted/remote beaches and islands, but don't want to pack up shop and move our operations necessarily. Has anyone done this before? Many thanks in advance for any advice! R ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,696 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rhingo on 8/10/2008 at 19:08

Should i book flight well in advance?? From Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang

Posted by andrew951 on 7/10/2008 at 16:05

Hi, i am going to fly from chiang mai to luang prabang, also vientaine to hanoi in peak season (Janurary 09). Please tell me how far in advance i should book these tickets. And is it cheaper to book at a travel agent in asia, as oppose to online in New Zealand on the lao airlines website? Any feedback is very appreciated! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,918 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Rufus on 8/10/2008 at 08:04

which island for a single female traveller?

Posted by misskismet on 27/9/2008 at 12:23

hi have been lurking around the site for a while and have always found it informative, so hoping for some input here. i live in bangkok and am thinking that instead of spending all my cash at siam every weekend, i should explore the islands a bit. ideally i'd leave on friday morning (even though sometimes i can only leave at night) and need to be back monday morning. any idea on which islands would be a good place for me to go alone? i don't really want to party, but i don't mind beach bars. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,059 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by clb76 on 8/10/2008 at 06:51

Nov 2nd - Dec 13th

Posted by eyelash1981 on 20/8/2008 at 17:57

arriving into bangkok on the 2nd of November and travelling around vietnam cambodia and thailand could any suggest an itenary or places of interest that we should visit. the only thing the girls want to do is elephant train in chang mai so any suggestions after that would be grateful. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,374 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by eyelash1981 on 7/10/2008 at 22:13

Anybody been diving in the south?

Posted by ecoldwell on 7/10/2008 at 14:24

We're thinking of heading to islands near Trang in January and was wondering if anybody and been diving down there? If so which dive clubs and sites do you recommend? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,249 times, with no replies.

Current ATM Exchange Rate

Posted by LancasterLad on 5/10/2008 at 19:04

Grateful if someone could tell me what ATMs are currently giving for sterling. Will I be alright to turn up at BKK airport without any bahts, and use my an airport ATM once I've got through immigration? Thanks LL ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,870 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by LancasterLad on 7/10/2008 at 01:09

Ferries from Thailand to Langkawi

Posted by huggomartini on 20/9/2008 at 06:50

Hi there, I know that there are ferries from Satun to Langkawi, I would like to know if there are any from Phuket or Ko Lanta to Langkawi? Thanks in advance Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,941 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by aonangmike on 6/10/2008 at 17:20

Thailand/Laos honeymoon Dec./Jan.

Posted by arieltarr on 6/10/2008 at 05:30

Hello, I'd like some feedback on my possible itinerary from seasoned travelers. My husband and I will be honey-mooning in Thailand and possibly Laos. We'd like a mixture of culture/adventure and relaxation/beaches. I've looked at many sample itineraries and find they're more geared towards backpackers with lots of time and often require packing up every 2 days. I like the idea of staying in 4-5 different places and doing day trips out of each place. We'll be there for 20 nights right during p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,689 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 6/10/2008 at 14:22

Postal options?

Posted by kendire on 23/9/2008 at 12:09

I might be going to Thailand next year for 2 or 3 weeks, and while I won't be necessarily be backpacking, I want to keep things light and hopefully bring only 1 piece of luggage. I'd like to mail home any souvenirs etc. that I buy during the trip. Where can I find information on postage rates, and what kind of stuff is prohibited? I don't want to leave with twice as much stuff as I arrived with, but I don't want to have any of my packages returned or thrown away or anything. How is the U.S. with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,399 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by nedz on 6/10/2008 at 12:02

crazy fairy samui

Posted by nedz on 29/9/2008 at 09:53

I heard there was a crazy fairy, living sth Thai island Mabye Samui, anybody know her. Thanks Nedz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,131 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nedz on 6/10/2008 at 09:38

7am flight

Posted by Karimster on 5/10/2008 at 18:53

I'm getting a flight from Bangkok - Singapore at 7am. I'll have arrived from Luang Prabang at 9am the day before. I have a few questions: Anywhere decent to stay near the hotel? i'm loath to spend much on a hotel when I'll probably only be in bed for a few hours. Is there any way I could pull an all-nighter? What would I do all night? How do I get to the airport at night? When does the bus start? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,455 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by SBE on 6/10/2008 at 01:39

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page