Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

landing in Bangkok then getting next plane

Posted by bobjim on 12/9/2008 at 17:43

Hi I am landing in Bagkok at 19.00 in the evening and all the flights that interest me to Chang Rai and Laos leave at around 20.00 in the evening. Is there any chance of catching one of these flights or is 1 hour way to short.. any info would be appriciated.. really do not want to have to spend a night in bangkok then have to go back to airport trainstation the next day ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,774 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by alersy on 16/9/2008 at 12:43

Koh Tao Diving Certification and Accomodations

Posted by rsthomas on 13/9/2008 at 18:01

Hey all! I am wanting to find the best company in Koh Tao to get certified with. I was hoping it would be an all inclusive package with accomodation. Any recommendations would be amazing. Cheers! Ross ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,904 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 16/9/2008 at 11:12

Cambodia/thailand border crossing

Posted by lauraandmark on 15/9/2008 at 17:10

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows the easiest/best place to cross back into thailand from cambodia - we will be travelling from Siem Reap to the border. We were thinking of going to the thai island of Koh Chang (or surrounding) so wonder if we should head to Sikhouville beach area then cross around there? we will need a 30 day toursit exemption visa at the border! Thanks Mark ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,026 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 16/9/2008 at 00:14

Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang

Posted by odessafile on 10/9/2008 at 03:37

I am having a hard time booking the flight from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang, Laos. Are you aware of any available flights? How far is it and how long does it take, if we take a train or a bus? We would prefer to fly, though. Thank you for any advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,887 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by smr302 on 15/9/2008 at 15:33

Love it? Then live it!

Posted by teflcmu on 15/9/2008 at 14:39

Stay in Thailand, get your TEFL and teach.Check out our ONLINE TEFL from Chiang Mai University. Get it online and get the university certificate. Do what you want in Thailand or anywhere in the world while you teach. http://www.teflcmu.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,114 times, with no replies.

Political tensions in Thailand and brewing coup. To go or not to go HELP

Posted by firsttimetraveller on 12/9/2008 at 18:17

I was planning a trip to Thailand for my 21st. I planned a 2 week trip to thailand for the second half of december and I was so excited about finally doing some travel. However, the mother of my original travel friend has asked her to bail out because of what is now happening in Thailand. She has been convinced that there is a coup brewing in Thailand and I agreed that the worst thing that could happen on this trip is to be in the middle of a political disaster. However, now I am a little de ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,678 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by jgriff on 15/9/2008 at 05:32

bungalows, bed bugs...

Posted by bananapunk on 11/9/2008 at 20:08

hey guys, I was looking up some bungalows on koh phangan through tripadvisor, and something i didn't think about came up. Bed bugs! Is it true that pretty much all cheaper bungalows got bed bugs? There's no way in hell i can sleep with those bastards, is there some kind of prevention method I'm not aware of? Also, do those bungalows have locked doors/windows? i mean can i lock my luggage in there? thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,132 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 14/9/2008 at 23:09

Thais: Which cities in India do you know?

Posted by annalem on 14/9/2008 at 21:23

Thais: Which cities in India do you know? If you haven't been to India, where would you like to travel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,328 times, with no replies.

Train to Chiang Mai

Posted by mic59 on 13/9/2008 at 09:43

I will be flying into Bangkok on 15 October and intend to go to Chiang Mai. I want to go as soon as possible but I have read that getting a train may take a few days if you don't book beforehand. Is this right or will I be able to go straight from the airport and catch a train to Chiang Mai? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,587 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mic59 on 14/9/2008 at 16:19

Hello there!! Is my itinerary appropiate? Tai-Laos-Vietnam-Camboya in 1 month

Posted by alemauro on 4/9/2008 at 18:14

Hi there!!. I´m getting married on December and I have always loved to visit South-east Asia. I am from Argentina.. so I am quite far far away... I would appreciate, if someone can tell me if this itinerary is OK for a month. 01) Battambang -> Ayutthaya (ruins, historical interest) [4 days] 02) Ayutthaya -> Sukhothai (via Phitsanulok) (ruins, historical interest) [1 day] 03) Sukhothai -> Chiang Mai (trekking centre, temples) [2 days] 04) Chiang Mai -> Chiang Khong (riverside town, day tri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,279 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 13/9/2008 at 20:50

Thai islands January- island hopping

Posted by maliamaui on 13/8/2008 at 15:20

My husband and I have about 4-5 nights at the end of our SE Asia trip around the 14th January 09 (I know--planning way ahead). We were looking at going around the Ko Lipe or Ko Lanta area. It looks from the weather map like it is drier in that region in January? I'm from Maui so we're looking to do more than just hang on the beach. We would like to do day trips to other islands, snorkel and hike through jungle or to viewpoints of other islands, and hopefully be where tourists do not severe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,081 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by aonangmike on 12/9/2008 at 14:10

Chilled / relaxed resort on Koh Tao with Diving available

Posted by bobjim on 9/9/2008 at 05:55

Hi I am looking for a chilled relaxed resort away from the main beach and crowds but also with a dive school at the resort.. If anyone has a good recomdation please let me know, Also how busy is Koh Tao at the beginning of October thanks for any info Thks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,636 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 12/9/2008 at 11:25

Railways and public transport

Posted by judiththai on 8/9/2008 at 19:10

hello!! we are supposed to go back to bangkok from Chumphon next week. does anybody know if the trains are working on normal time schedule? thank's a lot!!! or any other suggestion to go back to bangkok? judith ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,337 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by judiththai on 10/9/2008 at 18:24

Which Island to go to in November?

Posted by flopsydaisy on 7/9/2008 at 20:40

Hi there I am planning to spend a week in Southern Thailand at the start of my trip around South East Asia. Can anyone recommend which island to spend my week at? Ideally I would like a fairly relaxing beach atmosphere, not too touristy and the option to visit some stunning scenary. Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,199 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by tezza on 10/9/2008 at 18:09

Day Trips from Phuket

Posted by katchakeepah on 9/9/2008 at 11:45

I will be in Phuket on January 9th - January 16th. I am interested in checking out more Thai islands, specifically, Ko Adang and Ko Lanta. Are day trips possible or are over night trips recommended? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,548 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 10/9/2008 at 17:57

Which Thai Islands in Mid - Late September??

Posted by ernieh on 9/9/2008 at 11:40

Hi, I plan to spend a week in Southern Thailand in mid - late September. I heard the islands on the west coast are best during this time for sunshine. Can you recommend which island(s) to spend a week at? Ideally, I would like to spend my time in a fairly relaxing beach that is not too touristy. Your assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,522 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by tezza on 10/9/2008 at 17:41

Tripology

Posted by katchakeepah on 9/9/2008 at 11:43

Has anyone used Tripology.com to book a trip to Thailand? I am wondering what others have experienced. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,167 times, with no replies.

Bangkok hotels

Posted by wallas on 4/9/2008 at 17:01

Hello all, my first stop on my 6 month travels will be Bangkok on 29th Dec. I will be travelling on my own. I intend to stay in Bangkok for New Year and then head to a beach resort for the remainder of my stay. I need a hotel in central BK close to bars/restaurants that has a gym, big outdoor pool, decent rooms and a good hotel bar and wi-fi. Price wise about £50 - 3000 baht (is that about right) a night. I am looking on the web but thought someone on here might have a good suggestio ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,748 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by travelrock on 8/9/2008 at 11:32

Trat or Ko Kong

Posted by ahxian on 4/9/2008 at 14:56

I will be traveling from Phnom Penh to Bangkok end of Oct. Which will be a better place to spend the night, Trat or Ko Kong? Any hotels to recommend? I will be going budget. Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,444 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by ahxian on 8/9/2008 at 09:32

Trip through North by car in October/November - Want to hop in?

Posted by RotPickup on 7/9/2008 at 23:41

fellow travellers; starting october 13th i will be doing a slow-motion trip through northern thailand with my pick-up-truck. The route will be Ayutthaya Tak Mae-Sot Mae-Sariang Mae-Hong-Son Soppong Phayao Phayao Phrae Uttaradit Phitsanuloke and then into Issan-region. Taking things easy; meeting nice people and enjoy the countryside is the main concept of this journey. I am a 38 years old german; have done this kind of trip before and do speak and read thai on an intermediate level. Also i ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,206 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 8/9/2008 at 05:45

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page