Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok to Koh Phanagn by train & boat?

Posted by hayleyj on 22/6/2008 at 02:59

Hi! I was hoping for some advice on traveling down to Ko Phagnan from Bangkok in July. Was thinking to take the sleeper train and boat and heard that you can get combined tickets for this? How do I go about getting a ticket? Do I need to pre book before I get there or do you buy tickets at the station? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,299 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by hayleyj on 23/6/2008 at 03:51

How can a make a booking of the New My House Guesthouse??

Posted by JotaR on 17/6/2008 at 16:30

I'm planning to go to BKK in Sept and trying to find Hostels.. I frined of mine recomended this one: My House.. looking at the reviews on this page i thought it would be a great option. Not too big, not too crowded and superb price. But I can't find a link or something like it to make a booking or at least check for avaliablity. If any one could help it would be great!! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,700 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/6/2008 at 18:06

Koh Samui - weather in september

Posted by Flacha on 18/6/2008 at 17:24

What weather is in september in samui? I read i some www that in september when in other taihland regions is lot of rain then in koh samui is better and more sun days. Is this true?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,611 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 19/6/2008 at 15:45

Flights to Bangkok

Posted by anya_lukover on 17/6/2008 at 16:32

My friend has found a very reasonable direct flight to Bangkok in August but it's with an airline we haven't heard of - Eva Air. Have you heard anything about this airlines, and do you think it's ok to use them or would you advise to pay a few hundred more pounds for a more recognised name? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,429 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 18/6/2008 at 00:28

Day trip from Ko Samui?

Posted by michmich11 on 16/6/2008 at 21:26

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible and/or worthwhile to do a day trip from Samui to Ko Pha Ngan? How long does it take to get from one to the other? Assuming that is doable, would you recommend going to Ko Pha Ngan or alternatively going to Ang Thong National Marine Park? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,758 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 17/6/2008 at 10:41

Koh Samui August/September

Posted by Flacha on 16/6/2008 at 14:13

Hi I'm looking for some cheap ang good resort in lamai beach on samui island. I prefer bungalow with A/C for two people. This is my first time in thailand with my wife. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,409 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Flacha on 16/6/2008 at 19:07

Koh Chang to Hat Lek

Posted by swag on 16/6/2008 at 10:51

Hi all,a couple of questions on the above subject.Can you arrange a speedboat to do this trip or do you have to head back via Trat. I was on Koh Chang in March 06 and after speaking to a couple of travel agents it seemed most minibuses were heading from the island direct to the airport.We were also quoted prices upwards of 2,000 thb to get to Trat by our own minivan. As we are heading to Cambodia there must be a cheaper way of doing this leg to head to Sihanoukville. Regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,552 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2008 at 17:12

Help: info re: bus/taxi from Khaolak to Chumphon to take boat to Ko Tao?

Posted by jhe1945 on 16/6/2008 at 02:19

Is there an easy way (or any way) to cross the penninsula from Khaolak or the area near Phang-Nga natl part over to any town (Chumphon or any more southern town) so we can take a boat to Ka Tao. we are going July 22-july 29. thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,784 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/6/2008 at 16:56

best island in september???

Posted by luna86 on 14/6/2008 at 19:15

off to thailand in september wondering which island would have the best weather at that time?...looking for a lush beach to chill on..... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,296 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 15/6/2008 at 10:03

Ko Tao

Posted by gijsvanpelt on 13/6/2008 at 19:02

Hi To start with, very nice and informative site!! I am planning to finish my trip through thailand by hitting one of the thai islands. this for about 8 days, dont want to do too much of hopping btween islands, and ko tao will be my preference. Will 8 days be to much for a small island like tao, or will there be plenty to do, have diving plans as well. And you know any nice resorts there, don't mind if it's a bit upscale, as long price and quility equalls. THANX ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,892 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by gijsvanpelt on 14/6/2008 at 21:00

Transport from Perhentians to Krabi?

Posted by smithjo3 on 11/6/2008 at 05:55

Can someone help me in determining the best way to travel from the Pulau Perhentian Islands to Krabi? I've heard to avoid Sungai Kolok, although this looks like a critical train stop along this path. Someone mentioned a westerly route, but I'm unable to find much information on it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,601 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 11:30

Ko Samet or Ko Tao

Posted by BernH on 12/6/2008 at 09:10

Hi, I'm flying into Bangkok at 10pm on Friday 4th July and flying out again at midday on Friday 11th July. I really just want to relax on the beach so was planning to head down to Ko Samet. I'm now worried Samet will be very busy & crowded so wondering if i would be better off travelling down to to Ko Tao instead? Any suggestions from experienced travellers would be grately appreciated? Cheers Bernadette ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,645 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 11:18

Krabi Airport to Phi Phi

Posted by deity on 13/6/2008 at 11:16

I'm traveling to Phi Phi and I want to find out how to get to the pier from Krabi airport? Any help? How much should I expect for the transportation? Do I have to book in advance? same with the Ferry to Phi Phi Island. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,365 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 10:31

Questions about Backpacking

Posted by CharFlorica on 8/6/2008 at 05:13

Hello, I have backpacked Europe before, and I know that we often left our packs in the hostel for the day whenever we went sightseeing. We always had our valuables with us in our daypacks when we were out and about. I was just curious whether or not this is the same deal with Thailand and the such.I don't imagine it to be as safe, but I have no idea what so ever. Do you always carry your packs, or is it safe enough to leave it in the guest houses. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,436 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by tezza on 14/6/2008 at 10:24

Thailand in 14 days at the beginning of September

Posted by ruzickaf on 2/6/2008 at 17:33

Hi there! Me and my wife, we'll be travelling in Thailand from Sep 7 to Sep 21. We'd like to spend a few days in Bangkok, of course. Next we're planning a trip to the hill tribes near Chiang Mai (about 3 days/2 nights in the mountains), visit to the Angkor Wat in Cambodia and at the end of our vacation we want to relax on some island with a good weather conditions (despite of the monsoon season culminates in this period), white sand beaches, cheap accomodation and so on. So, and my questions s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,789 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by gijsvanpelt on 13/6/2008 at 20:53

Travelling from Bangkok to Chiang Mai

Posted by Ikkersheim on 10/6/2008 at 18:10

Hi all, I will travel from Bangkok to Chaing Mai vice versa with to kids (15,17). Can you give me some tips on activities along the road because they are not that patient to see all the temples etc. After arrival we will stay 3 or 4 days in Bangkok. The question is will I go then straight away to Chiang Mai or via via? And if so via what route? Via Ayutthaya to Sukothai to Chiang Mai? Better to do this on the way back? The last week we will spent on the coast or an island. What is best to fl ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,432 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/6/2008 at 19:10

Natural Resort, Ko Phi Phi Don

Posted by dande on 27/5/2008 at 18:46

We are planning a holiday in Thailand for early next year and have already chosen accommodation in two locations. We'd also like to visit Ko Phi Phi Don and the website for Natural Resort looks good - and so does the price. BUT, there are mixed reviews from several Forums - from the sublime to the downright disgusting! Has anyone stayed there recenltly? We're looking for a quiet location, simple clean rooms with private bathroom and good snorkelling. Any recent information will be hel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,103 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by darrenh on 13/6/2008 at 04:12

Thailand to Cambodia to Laos

Posted by Layabout on 15/4/2008 at 21:17

I've been to Thailand a few times but never tried backpacking so this is my plan to fly to Bangkok then bus or train to Cambodia, visit Siem Reap, then back to Bangkok, train to Nong Khai cross into Vientiene, bus to Luang Prabang and boat trip up Mekong to Thailand,head to Chiang Mai and train back to Bangkok. I have about 3 weeks to do this in and spend a few days in each place. So I am seaking advice about travel and accomodation along the way. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,692 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Layabout on 12/6/2008 at 20:19

Chiang Mai to Bangkok

Posted by Brisbod on 9/6/2008 at 17:47

I would really appreciate some advice on a leg of our holiday in October. We will be flying to Chiang Mai for a few days from Laos and then want to make our way down to Bangkok. Thinking about stopping in Ayuthaya for a night and then want to spend time at River Kwai and the Tiger Temple. Need to know firstly if it is worth seeing Ayuthaya, bearing in mind we will also be spending time at Siem Reap. If so, what's the best transport option from Chiang Mai - should we train it to Ayuthaya, stay ov ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,646 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Brisbod on 11/6/2008 at 20:18

Surat Thani (SW Thailand) - Singapore by train

Posted by tinamars2000 on 21/2/2008 at 02:22

pLEASE HELP I'VE SPENT HRS ON THE NET TRYING TO BOOK TRAIN TICKETS. i'VE USED SEAT61 AND GOT ALOT OF INFORMATION BUT THE EMAIL ADDRESS ON THERE TO BOOK TICKETS IS NO LONGER ABLE TO RECIEVE MAIL. i'VE USED TRAVELLER 2000 NO REPLY AND HAVE USED THAIFOCUS BUT CAN ONLY BOOK TICKET FROM BANGKOK. i DON'T WANT TO TRAVEL BACK TO BANGKOK TO GET A TRAIN WHICH STOPS AT SURAT THANI. ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME WOULD BE GREAT. ANYONE DO THIS ROUTE BY TRAIN BEFORE IF SO HOW DID YOU BOOK IT. I WENT ON ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,025 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tchek on 11/6/2008 at 19:24

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page