Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Advice on clothes

Posted by ColonelWallard on 2/5/2008 at 02:06

hi there!!! just a quick question. im traveling to south east asia for 3 months in two weeks time. ill be flying into bangkok and staying in the city for three nights. I dont plan on bringing much clothes with me as i plan to purchase all my clothes for my trip in bangkok. Where are the best shopping malls/spots for reasonably priced clothes in the city?????? thanks in advance.......... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,707 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 2/5/2008 at 04:51

Transfer from Phi Phi to Phuket????

Posted by germcmanus on 1/5/2008 at 06:07

Hi there. My girlfriend and I arrive on Phi Phi towards the end of May, my question is, we fly out of Phuket at 12.20pm on May 31st on to Hong Kong with Dragonair. I have been checking all ferry timetables and it seems no ferry will be leaving Phi Phi in time to get us safely to the airport, even 90 minutes before our flight. The earliest ferry I have seen is 9.00am from Phi Phi and it takes 1hr 30mins to get to Phuket and another 40 minutes(all going well) from the pier to the airport, bring ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,344 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by germcmanus on 2/5/2008 at 00:07

Cheap flights from Bangkok to Hanoi???

Posted by anmi212 on 26/3/2008 at 21:28

Hi everyone-- A friend and I are planning on going from Bangkok to Hanoi next month and I was wondering if anyone knows the average price for flights? We've been looking them up online and the lowest price we've found has been about $300USD. Was wondering if it's cheaper just to wait until we get to Bangkok to book? Or if anyone knows of any discount air carriers that fly from Bangkok to Hanoi that we could book online ahead of time? Thanks for the help -A ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,760 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by sevensuns on 1/5/2008 at 22:15

is Ratchadapisek a good area to stay with kids in tow?

Posted by msk100 on 13/4/2008 at 07:53

I am in two minds whether to change a booking in BKK as I've recently read that Ratchadapisek is close to some red light type bars. anyone any advice?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,578 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by scomoore1 on 29/4/2008 at 02:34

Going to Chiang Mai - I'm nervous!

Posted by dancercr on 19/4/2008 at 12:43

Hey everyone. Okay so I'm a 23 yr old female, and I am planning on travelling to volunteer at the Elephant Nature Foundation which is outside of Chiang Mai. So far I'm travelling alone. I have a few questions: I have read that travelling alone is alright, and since I don't really plan on going anywhere but Chiang Mai and the ENF I'm not to worried, however I'm still wondering if going alone would be a bad idea. Any thoughts? When would be the best time of year to go? This question is f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,909 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by caseyrebecca on 26/4/2008 at 13:03

Vaccination requirements if going to Phuket for 1 week

Posted by Mippy on 19/4/2008 at 16:16

Hi, I've been advised to get a Hep A and Typhoid shot. I'm going to Phuket (from Australia) for one week only. My travel agent says don't worry about it and my doctor wants me to pay over $100 to get the shots. Any suggestions? I'm currently leaning towards getting a Hep A shot only... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,354 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Mippy on 25/4/2008 at 08:06

Australia

Posted by darrenh on 8/4/2008 at 04:27

i will be traveling through se asia for two and a half months and this website is being very helpful. i have already used it for my two week holiday in thailand (march '08) and it really helped. can anyone tell me of one in similar quality for australia and new zealand! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,492 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by michlandliamontour on 23/4/2008 at 21:54

how to get from ko pha-ngan to krabi

Posted by talya on 22/4/2008 at 19:59

could someone offer some advice as to the quickest/cheapest way to get from either ko pha-ngan or ko tao to krabi? i found some info about boats going the reverse direction....? thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,549 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tezza on 23/4/2008 at 11:11

Hotel/Guest House near train station?

Posted by stetzie on 7/4/2008 at 09:28

Hi there- Hoping someone might have a few suggestions for good hotels near the Hualamphong train station. We're only staying in Bangkok one night on the way up to Chiang Mai & leave early in the morning. Any ideas would be much appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,128 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/4/2008 at 12:46

Chang Mai in May?

Posted by joefog on 11/4/2008 at 09:22

Hi there, First time poster, long time travel fisher! My girlfriend and I are heading over in May and I'm just wondering what the weather is like up north around that time. We'd like to do some trekking around Chang Mai and head to Pai for a week or so, then down south to ultimately....relax! Cheers Joe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,635 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ekay on 20/4/2008 at 10:54

Bangkok to Chiang Mai - where to break the journey

Posted by kierjan on 14/4/2008 at 22:59

Hi all, New to here but have been recommended by other forums. I'm try to plan a RTW trip and i'm looking to try and plan the Thailand part. At the moment the plan is to arrive in to bangkok, head north before going to Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and then back to Bangkok form there we'll head to the Islands before going on to Oz. Anyway I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me with somewhere to break the Bangkok to Chiang Mai part of the trip. I'd like to see at least one other part of North ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,864 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by kierjan on 17/4/2008 at 03:56

Best way...Bangkok to Pattaya?

Posted by cubedweller on 25/2/2008 at 11:30

Hi, I'm arriving in Bangkok at around 9am. I'm meeting some friends in Pattaya and was told it was best to head straight there from the airport. I've been to Bangkok numerous time but never ventured to Pattaya. Can anyone recommend some options with their prices? Thanks. ~Eric ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,461 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 16/4/2008 at 20:03

need help w booking accomo on ko samet, ao thian

Posted by friedpiggy on 10/4/2008 at 17:21

i tried calling the numbers on this website for candle light resort but apparently the number belongs to another resort? i also tried the one for ban keang talea, but the persons who picked up the phone for both numbers didn't speak English. any suggestions what else i can do? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,555 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/4/2008 at 05:31

Advise for a couple's holiday

Posted by Redwez on 15/4/2008 at 15:20

Hi All, me and my GF are looking to go to Thailand, but we are not sure when or where is best to go to. I have been advised to do a couple of days in Bangkok, then move on to another place for a few days then on to Phi Phi for a few days (total of 10 days). Do any of you guys have any advise on what times of the year are best for scenery and nature etc, but also baring in mind it would be nice to catch a tan! Ideally we wanted to go in November, but not sure this would be the best time to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,661 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by darrenh on 16/4/2008 at 04:42

know of a cheap and decent guesthouse at Big Buddha Beach?

Posted by wessatong on 4/3/2008 at 21:39

hey all, I'm flying to ko samui from singapore and will have to stay a night somewhere before moving on to ko pha ngan the next day. i'm thinking of staying on big buddha beach, cos it's quite near the airport and the jetty for the ferries to ko pha ngan. anyone have any suggestions for a cheap and decent guesthouse at big buddha? i'm not looking for something that's spectacular, just a clean, safe place that i can spend the night before moving on the next day. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,621 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tIB on 14/4/2008 at 14:35

where to get beautiful and cheapest clothes?

Posted by Nancyabc on 11/4/2008 at 12:37

Pls take your some time to click in http://www.nike-schuhe.com. From this website, you can see a lot of brand goods. This company can supply many brand of clothes in different style. For example, Evisu Fashion, Bape Fashion, BBC Fashion, Lacoste Fashion, RedMokey , RMC Jeans and so on. Morever, you can choose some brand sport shoes, belt, handbags from this company. If you need more information about this company, pls don’t hesitate to contact with them. http://www.nike-schuhe.com MSN:nik ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,266 times, with no replies.

When to visit SE Asia

Posted by Sair83 on 8/4/2008 at 01:43

Hi all! I'm currently planning a RTW trip, to include SE Asia. Due to restrictions on my ticket, it looks like I will have to arrive in Thailand (Bangkok) around 22nd September. I want to travel up through northern Thailand, round to Vietnam, through Cambodia and Laos, back round to Bangkok and then down to Singapore for 8th December (11 weeks). However, I see that Sept/Oct is monsoon season in Thailand, so as a lone backpacker i am slightly worried. Can anybody give me some advice on whe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,035 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Sair83 on 11/4/2008 at 04:21

Help / advice needed please guys!

Posted by russ0001 on 6/4/2008 at 21:16

Hi, I am a student looking to travel to thaiand in June for around 20 days. I have never done any real travelling before so this will be a first for me. I have saved around £250 to spend during my travels. I am planning on arriving in bankok, staying here for a few days then moving on.. I will probably visit 4/5 diferent places including some of the Islands. I would like to know if people think that £250 is a reasonable sum for such a holiday. I know this is somewhat vague but i dont know much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,323 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by russ0001 on 10/4/2008 at 20:15

6 week trip nov dec

Posted by clairehanmer on 7/4/2008 at 07:14

hi im planning to travel to thailand with a friend in november. i wish to fit in siem reap(cambodia). id love to go to the southern islands too. do a PADI. maybe a full moon/ half moon party.chang mai/pai or somwhere north too? im concerned about the weather in the south in november. is it still affected by the monsoon? does anyone have any ideas for an itinary. we have 6 weeks.(i will be heading back to thailand again so if i dont see one or two key places ill do it on my return. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,592 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by clairehanmer on 8/4/2008 at 19:47

leather tailor

Posted by fishtails04 on 7/4/2008 at 15:33

can anyone recommend a tailor in bangkok who is adept at working with leather? my firend needs a leather jacket altered and doesn't want to risk any old tailor! cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,251 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page