Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Slowboat to Luang Prabang from Chiang Khong

Posted by cpw18 on 11/2/2008 at 17:11

Keep reading and hearing lots of different things and just hoping to get the true low down re: departure times, when/how/where to book, costs of everything (boat, visa, anything else), best place to do the visa, etc.. Am I missing anything? Any other tips? I know some snacks/beers and a cushion are key! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,627 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Guernseystu on 12/2/2008 at 00:33

Buying furniture in Thailand

Posted by hannesnaomi on 9/2/2008 at 13:31

I have heard that Thailand is a great place to buy furniture. Wondering if its worth it to purchase furniture there and have it shipped back to Canada? Anyone done this? Easy to do? Costs involved? Recommend shipping companies?? Best city or store to shop at? Thanks :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,355 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 17:32

Ko Mak - Lazy Days' new bungalows' contact details?

Posted by hjulp on 8/2/2008 at 23:17

Having read below recommendation, I'm looking for the contact details/ website to contact the owner of Lazy Days' new bungalows in Ko Mak island, Thailand. Thanks in advance. **************************** "Very nice bungalows! - By linlov ( total comments: 1 More information please ) Lazy Days' new bungalows are in white concrete facing the ocean ..." ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,694 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2008 at 17:16

lipe to Penang

Posted by arenal on 8/2/2008 at 05:37

Hi, I'm planning to stay in Lipe for a week, and I was wondering if it was easy to go from there to Penang, in Malaysia. Anyone been there? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,808 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by arenal on 8/2/2008 at 16:37

Thailand - 2 weeks from April 2nd - April 17th 2008

Posted by w33yin on 5/2/2008 at 17:07

This will be my first trip to Thailand. I would like to see alot without needing another holiday afterwards. Is this a good 2 week plan? Landing in Bangkok on the 3rd of April 3rd to 5th - 3 nights in Bangkok (floating market, Grand Place etc) 5th to 6th - 1 night in Ayutthaya 7th to 11th - Fly to Chaing Mai/Fly to Pai - 4 nights in Pai. (elephants, bamboo rafting, etc) 11th to 15th - Fly back to Bangkok then to an Island (maybe ...Koh Pha Ngan)4 nights on the Island (resting, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,544 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by dande on 8/2/2008 at 13:51

Ko Mak - New mid-range bungalows run by German?

Posted by hjulp on 6/2/2008 at 23:06

Hi, I heard from travelers that a German runs a new/ refurbished mid-range resort in Ko Mak with new bungalows (I'm not speaking about TK Huts). Can't find the name... Anyone who knows it, please send me name and @ contact details. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,193 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by khunwilko on 7/2/2008 at 14:28

Travelling alone, meeting people?

Posted by ARussell on 4/2/2008 at 06:07

Just wondering how easy it is to meet people while backpacking in SEA in general, I travelled alone to South America last year and would like to travel to SEA with someone, but my friends are not too adventerous. Is it easy to meet people and perhaps travel with them? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,104 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 5/2/2008 at 00:50

Travelling around Thailand in two weeks

Posted by charlotte88 on 4/2/2008 at 22:06

Hi there, i'm travelling around thailand for approx 2 weeks before crossing over into laos. Bangkok- scenic- only 2 daily from bangkok’s Hualamphong Station, via Nakhon Pathom. -kanchananaburi. Main station is on Thanon Saeng Chuto, 2km north of town centre. Walking distance of some accommodation. Itineray- ???Ayuttha- -Day trip? Temples:- Viham Phra Mongkol Bopit. Mon-fro 8:30-4:30. sat/sun til 5:30. Most rewarding temple- Wat Na Phra mane- 8-5pm B20. -?Sukothai Chiang Mai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,883 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Guernseystu on 5/2/2008 at 00:47

full moon newb

Posted by twominds77 on 25/1/2008 at 13:09

Hi guys, Im new to this site, and soon to be in asia. I just want to know where to stay during the full moon party, whilst still having access beautfiul, pristine beach and most importantly a good nights sleep if needed. So far everyone has suggested the west side of the island, would this be right? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,411 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by bo on 3/2/2008 at 09:33

Trouble Choosing an Island!

Posted by JamieB on 17/1/2008 at 04:00

I have been reading the descriptions for each of the Thai Islands and I still can't figure out which island/s are the best to visit! This will be my first time to Thailand and I have only heard about Phuket, but I have been turned off by the number of negative comments made on the blogs. I am young and looking to meet other travelers but also want a real taste of the culture and the Thai people. Does anyone have suggestions as to what their favorite islands are? I will traveling in early Apri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,131 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/2/2008 at 07:31

Mae Sai: sights, cafes or good restaurants?

Posted by myrhmaid on 27/1/2008 at 16:31

Hey there. I'm volunteer-teaching in Mae Sai, northern Thailand (the border town into Burma). The students are great, but the town is fairly charmless as far as I can tell, and since I'll be here for three months, I'd love some suggestions for any good cafes, places to eat, use the 'net, sights to see...anything really to help keep me sane. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,631 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 31/1/2008 at 22:58

Travel partner(s) wanted for idyllic Ko Chang(Burma side) Jan 12-19(flexible)

Posted by bigducknfish on 5/1/2008 at 09:23

Hi, my name is Glenn, Australian backpacker heading to a more natural island called Ko Chang, wondering if anyone else out there is interested. KO CHANG - link on the place or do your own search ME - fun, adventurous, laid back and genuine - I am not looking for a romantic getaway. You can follow this link to find out more about me including feedback from other travellers and people I have stayed with. YOU? Male/Female any age. Well if you think I could be okay then we will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,701 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by simplelives on 31/1/2008 at 16:59

Lonely planet india wanted- in thailand.

Posted by g_singh on 27/1/2008 at 20:41

hi, we are travelling in thailand at the moment, currently in Pai, then off to Chiang mai then bangkok, if any one has the new 2007 Lonely planet india in english they want to sell i would like to buy at the right price before we go to india towards the end of feb. thanks, G ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,848 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by g_singh on 30/1/2008 at 20:32

Homestay just outside of Chiangmai

Posted by MrMax on 30/1/2008 at 18:59

Excellent place to be see their website and guestbook www.thailand-homestay.nl/EN/welcome.htm ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,675 times, with no replies.

Will we make our Koh Tao ferry??

Posted by elena9 on 29/1/2008 at 18:53

Hi there, We are planning to fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui and then to catch a ferry to Koh Tao...our problem is that our flight arrives in Samui at 12:30pm and the ferry (seatran) departs at 1:30pm. Is it realistic to expect to make this ferry, or should we book the night in Koh Samui instead? We will only have 3 nights in the islands and would prefer to spend our time in one place. Thanks for any feedback... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,348 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 30/1/2008 at 14:06

Weather in July and August

Posted by huggomartini on 28/1/2008 at 08:29

I'm planning to go in December but there are a possibility to go earlier maybe in July and/or August. I saw the weather maps and it rains a lot in July and August but my question is, there are days in July that you can't go to the beach? It rains everyday or few parts of the day? I saw also in the islands of the Gulf (Ko Samui/Ko Tao and Ko Pha ngan doesn't rain much but in Phi Phi and Phuket it rains lot. Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,975 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/1/2008 at 10:49

SNORKELLING and Tour Operators -KO SAMUI AREA

Posted by RACER283 on 29/1/2008 at 05:27

Hello, Anybody know where the best snorkelling is around Ko Samui or other island close by. How about good tour operators. Thank you for any feedback. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,425 times, with no replies.

Renting Apartments in Chaing Mai

Posted by firedog on 28/1/2008 at 14:59

Greetings, We are traveling to Asia this year with our 1 year old son and are interested in renting a furnished apartment for 2-3 weeks (minimum 1 bedroom, prefer 3)in Chaing Mai. We are very aquainted with the guesthouse system....but wow wouldn't it be great to have a kitchen and not worry about my babe keeping other guests awake. Thanks for any leads or advice. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,321 times, with no replies.

where should we stay on Koh Lanta?

Posted by peregrinus on 27/1/2008 at 18:57

my friend and i are going to spend a few days on Koh Lanta around the middle of february and we’re trying to decide which beach & guesthouse to choose. for us, a good place would be neither crowded nor deserted. but it would have a relaxed vibe and there’d be: · some friendly people to mix with, around our ages (late 20s / early 30s); · occasional games on the beach during the day; · parties at night within walking distance (but just far enough away so as to allow a good night’ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,669 times, with no replies.

KANCHANABURI TO KO SAMET??

Posted by paulascott on 22/1/2008 at 19:14

Can anyone tell me how long I should expect this journey to take. Are there little mini buses which leave Kanchanaburi to Ko Samet and if there are, how much $ and how long does the journey take. Thanks all in anticipation of your answers!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,079 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 27/1/2008 at 10:07

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page