Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Chiang Khong to Bangkok

Posted by shanghai306 on 18/3/2008 at 21:47

Hi there. I'm looking for some information regarding transportation from Chiang Khong to Bangkok. We'll be going up the Mekong from Luang Prabang to Huay Xai, and then making the border crossing over to Chiang Khong. Our concern is what time we'll arrive in Chiang Khong, ie will the border still be open. And if we get into Chiang Khong, will there be enough time to catch a bus down to Bangkok? Or will we have to stay the night there? Or maybe head to Chiang Rai for better night life? Any thou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,491 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/3/2008 at 08:36

Phi Phi Island

Posted by lorna1hamilton on 10/3/2008 at 18:23

Looking for a really nice place to stay in Phi Phi, somewhere away from the crowds but not a huge resort...on a great beach? Any suggestions? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,728 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by alebanane on 19/3/2008 at 17:06

bus to sukothai

Posted by itchyfeet72 on 18/3/2008 at 10:17

does anybody know where the goverment bus station heading north is(in bangkok) heading to sukothai in a few days also wondering whether to book in advance??? been on the website but doesnt give the location of stations ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,653 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by itchyfeet72 on 19/3/2008 at 12:04

Money worries in Thailand ?

Posted by henricartier on 16/3/2008 at 22:00

I see credit cards, traveller's cheques, and ATM's are all options in Thailand. Cash is risky as insurance will not cover it. Any thoughts on the 'best' mix of the aforementioned variables to take? (one hotel I saw advertised online - in Chiang Mai - only accepts cash - necessitating cash advance ATM's with their very expensive fees - or wads of hard cash - very risky). What's your take on travels with the cards/cash? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,612 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 18/3/2008 at 09:43

Anyone been to Phayao Northern Thailand ?

Posted by henricartier on 15/3/2008 at 21:16

I would love to hear any experiences in this area, including Chiang Mai, which I heard is big, bustling and polluted from local farmers burning forest? A malicious rumour or some truth there? I also see April is a 'hot' time for 'farangs' to visit Thailand, as even the locals head for cooler places. I will be in Northern Thailand all April so any travel tips and accommodation ideas would be very welcome. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,058 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wanderingcat on 15/3/2008 at 23:03

drum'n'bass/breakbeats/techno in Thailand?

Posted by urbal on 6/3/2008 at 07:23

Any good recommendations for good electronic music in Bangkok or Chiang Mai (or even Chiang Rai area)? Preferably drum'n'bass but breakbeats or techno is great too! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,776 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by urbal on 15/3/2008 at 05:02

blue lotus or rainboe bungalow ban kai ko phangan

Posted by clairehanmer on 13/3/2008 at 18:56

hi all of to thailand at the end of the year and wondered which is better of the two guest houses? any comment greatly accepted claire ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,469 times, with no replies.

Best place to stay in Krabi

Posted by lorna1hamilton on 10/3/2008 at 18:21

Any suggestions on where to stay in the Krabi area. Looking for somewhere a bit with fabulous beach, not too touristy and nice bungalow type place. Do not mind spending up to 5000/6000 a night. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,629 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 12/3/2008 at 08:51

long beach bungalows

Posted by barrylad66 on 11/3/2008 at 02:37

hi folk's doe's anyone outthere know if longbeach or sunview bungalows on koh phan gan have a website or e mail address? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,193 times, with no replies.

treks in Chang Mai

Posted by lorna1hamilton on 10/3/2008 at 18:18

Does anyone know if you can do one night treks in Chang Mai, and if so is it worth doing one over only one night? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,563 times, with no replies.

On Koh Pha Ngan ... anyone recommend a good beach?

Posted by cubedweller on 8/3/2008 at 09:40

Hi, Currently I'm on Haad Yao but I would like to stay somewhere with a little more action... I was thinking about Haad Rin but that may be too hectic. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Basically, the crowd is a bit old (mostly families and older couples) on Haad Yao at this time of year, so a beach with a little *younger* feel would be great. I'm 26 and traveling alone if that helps... any advice would be great. ~Eric ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,671 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cubedweller on 8/3/2008 at 18:18

Thai New Yar

Posted by rylb01 on 20/2/2008 at 07:21

Does anyone know what accomodations, flights, and attractions remain open during Thai New Year April 13-15? Any info will help we want to head to BKK around that time. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,607 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 8/3/2008 at 09:29

Scuba diving in Koh Tao for beginners

Posted by matthias on 7/3/2008 at 15:30

Does someone know a nice place to start diving on Koh Tao? I would like to do the open water Padi certification. It would be nice to have the accommodation included in the course fees. There are so many offers that I dont know which one is best. Thanks for any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,844 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 7/3/2008 at 19:06

Langkawi to Ko Lipe - pls help!

Posted by wessatong on 7/3/2008 at 16:36

Hi all, I'm planning to head to Ko Lipe from Langkawi on the 14th. My questions are: 1) Which ferry would be best for me to take there, the one from Telaga Harbour or the Tigerline ferry from the Kuah Jetty? 2) I know that I'll clear Malaysian immigration at Telaga, but if I depart from Kuah Jetty, do I clear Malaysian immigration from the jetty as well? 3) I read from the Telaga website that all visitors to Ko Lipe have to clear Thai immigration at some resort there. Is that true? W ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,476 times, with no replies.

singapore - bangkok transport?

Posted by fishtails04 on 4/3/2008 at 09:38

aside from flying (not an option) what is the quickest/ easiest/ cheapest way to get from s'pore to bangkok? cheers fishtails ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,025 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wessatong on 7/3/2008 at 16:08

Phuket/Railay in the Rainy Season?

Posted by dawei on 7/3/2008 at 13:42

I'm planning a month in Thailand from May to June. I'm really excited about exploring the rock-climbing and surfing in the Phuket and Railay areas but I'm worried about the climate. I would rather not go to Phuket during the busy season due to an aversion to high prices and huge crowds, but am I going to suffer even more if I go during the rainy season? Rock climbing doesn't go over so well when mixed with rain. I'm looking for a first hand account of what kind of weather I have to look forward ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,580 times, with no replies.

How to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui

Posted by wenbryant on 3/3/2008 at 13:15

Any other way to get from Bangkok to Koh Samui without spending a small fortune on flights? Also this is my first trip to Thailand and I only have 8-9 days--should I skip Bangkok completely? I will stay there at minimum one night. Thanks, Wendy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,062 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 5/3/2008 at 09:55

great guest house near udonthani

Posted by bamboo on 3/3/2008 at 10:22

hi all was traveling on the way to loas and came across a fantastic little guesthouse with swimmingpool and private chalets was called bamboogardenguesthouse.com check it out well worth it ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,862 times, with no replies.

Quiet Thailand Beaches

Posted by dande on 7/2/2008 at 17:50

We are seriously considering a holiday on Thailand islands towards the end of the year. I know it’s a long time ahead but there seems to be so much choice and the area is a closed book to us. So many islands, so many ferries, so many ways of reaching them via Bangkok! In the past few years we have enjoyed holidays, in Kerala, Sri Lanka, Zanzibar and the Andaman Islands. We love quiet locations, superb beaches, good snorkelling (preferably from the beach) and although of an age when co ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,028 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by marineboy on 1/3/2008 at 03:57

Analysis Paralysis - advice on an island

Posted by trudat on 27/2/2008 at 04:38

Help! My husband and I planning a trip to Thailand in late may for 10 days to 2 weeks - a few days in Bangkok, the rest in the islands. For the life of me, I can't seem to settle on an island. We want to go somewhere not too touristy, but maybe with a little town or village. We were originally thinking of Koh Mook (Sivalai), but it seems like there isn't much on the island and I'm afraid that the rougher seas would prevent us from going on day trips to other islands. I also wonder if we should a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by marineboy on 1/3/2008 at 03:47

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page