Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Travelfish Guide to Ko Phi Phi updated for 2008

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/12/2007 at 15:10

We've just released the new edition of the Ko Phi Phi Travelfish Guide and it's available for purchase here. It's based on research undertaken on Ko Phi Phi in October and November of 2007 and as such it is far more up-to-date than your Lonely Planet, Rough Guide or whatever other legacy guidebook you have. We've added a couple more pages, expanded coverage of Phi Phi Leh and an extra 7,000 words of detailed travel intelligence. The price has creeped up to a whopping US$3.95 - that's a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,866 times, with no replies.

Accommodation in Krabi / Phuket and nearby Islands

Posted by BaznChaz on 11/12/2007 at 00:36

Hello, Can anyone please recommend a nice guesthouse/hotel/resort in Krabi and Phuket and teh nearby Islands from 2nd January 2008 onwards for a few nights in each place? Also, is it better to stay less in Phuket and more in teh nearby islands or krabi, please advice? Thanks in Advance BaznChaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,222 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by stockamole on 13/12/2007 at 21:17

accomodation in phi phi and phuket

Posted by darrenh on 7/12/2007 at 03:46

hi, could anyone help with advice on places to stay in phi phi and phuket. what im looking for is ........ priced between 2000-3000 baht not to quiet and not to busy(in between!!) air con beach front hut/bungalow there is so much on the net its too hard to pick. any information will be very helpful. thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,668 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 13/12/2007 at 17:04

InnoculationsinThailand

Posted by mattd on 13/12/2007 at 06:21

I am going to be spending two months between Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam starting next March. I have done some research about what sorts of shots and medical precautions I should take but I'm not sure my insurance will cover them, plus I am in Japan now and seeing a doctor can be confusing to say the least. Does anyone have any advice about specific precautions to take and whether or not it would be a reasonable idea to get stuck in Bangkok? I was thinking Hepatitis, Japanese Encaph ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,491 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 13/12/2007 at 13:26

Reservation by e-payment

Posted by Harry05 on 23/11/2007 at 02:09

Hi, just made a reservation by e-mail and this is what I got for e-payment -------------------------------------------------- "Reservation No. : 7221167 Total Payment : 214000 (equal to 2,140.00 Thai Baht) Remark: 1. Please be noted that our system does not accept any special characters. 2. The amount of payment, you have to fill up in satangs i.e. 123456 equals to 1,234.56 Thai Baht (THB). The number that you've to put in the first page is in "Satang" (just like "cent" in US$). Then it ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,692 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Harry05 on 9/12/2007 at 21:33

Saffron on the Sea Koh Chang

Posted by Steffitom on 9/12/2007 at 20:08

Hi, did somebody stayed in the saffron on the sea resort on Koh Chang and know something about it? Do the have an email address or homepage? Greetings Stefanie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,535 times, with no replies.

Email Address's for Guesthouses on Koh Phangan

Posted by HayleyFC on 8/12/2007 at 20:01

Hi there, I have read the Sticky about trouble reserving rooms on Koh Phangan for New Year, but my friend is already in Thailand and could get to the guesthouse to confirm the booking and pay a deposit in cash within the next week or so. We want to stay on Haad Yuan and I have found list of places to stay but I can't fins any email address' for them. I know electricity to that side of the island is limited will the guesthouses still have internet access? If anyone has any email address's f ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,294 times, with no replies.

USING MAESTRO TO BOOK ACCOMODATION

Posted by nikpiff on 5/12/2007 at 16:39

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW OF ANY WEBSITES THAT TAKE MEASTRO TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION AS I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND NEED TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION BEFORE I ARRIVE IN THAILAND NXT SUNDAY, I AM LOOKING AT STAYING IN KO PHANG NAN AND KO TAO, A WEEK AT EACH. OR IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY TO BOOK ACCOMMODATION OVER THERE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,929 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by nikpiff on 8/12/2007 at 15:49

Southern Bus Terminal???? Khao San vs. Hua Lamphong

Posted by neuroticallyzen on 7/12/2007 at 13:54

I have been to BKK a number of times, but always used the Northen Bus Terminal. I want to get to Champhon and my guides tell me I have to go to Sai Mai. i would like to get there fast so I need to know where to say. Is it easier to get their if I stay in the Khao San area (god help me) or Hua Lamphong area? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,784 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Tilapia on 7/12/2007 at 16:14

A homestay in Thailand

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/12/2007 at 15:54

We've just added a new feature story covering a home-stay in Ayutthaya that we did during our recent update of the area. You can read the full story here: Thailand homestay -- Ban Lan Khe, Ayutthaya Have you done a homestay in SE Asia? If you have, please let us know what you thought of it. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,809 times, with no replies.

Secure Storage for Laptop in Bangkok

Posted by anandap on 5/12/2007 at 13:24

Hi I need to store a laptop in Bangkok while traveling for a couple weeks. The airport website says items like this are not allowed in the "left luggage" storage (http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/134). Does anyone know of secure storage for such things, preferably close to the airport? Very appreciative, Ananda ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,520 times, with no replies.

Hotel Resort & Spa in Krabi/Phuket

Posted by BaznChaz on 3/12/2007 at 16:29

Hi, Can anyone recommend a nice hotel resort and spa in Krabi/Phuket? Our budget is upto £90 per night and we would like something different, not just hotel, something with a WOW factor. Thanks in Advance BaznChaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,239 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by swag on 5/12/2007 at 04:55

Transportation from Krabi to Phuket

Posted by BaznChaz on 3/12/2007 at 16:26

Hi, Can anyone advice on the best way to travel from Krabi to Phuket? Is it better to go by BUS/CAR(taxi)/Boat in terms of saving time and getting the most of the journey? Thanks in Advance BaznChaz ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,900 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/12/2007 at 15:05

Budget in Thailand

Posted by hongandrewp on 3/12/2007 at 13:35

I'm planning a 20-day trek across Thailand. Do you think a 2000/baht day budget is reasonable? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,360 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/12/2007 at 15:04

fern paradise

Posted by darrenh on 27/11/2007 at 17:23

anybody ever stay at www.fernparadise.com it seems like an amazing place but i was wondering if it is hard to get in and out of chiang mai from there? any other information as well is much appreciated. thanks ins advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,203 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by realalaskan on 3/12/2007 at 10:38

Patpong Area Accomodation

Posted by jenperry on 3/11/2007 at 12:35

Hi, Has anyone stayed in the Patpong area of Bangkok, & can they recommend accomodation - ($US30-60)for here for a single person. Also - I am not the partying type so have been told not to stay near Kho Sang Road, and it's been suggested by a few to say in the Patpong area. I'm a single female traveller, so can anyone confirm that htis is a good spot, is there somewhere else that's central,e tc? Thanks for your time, Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,230 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by sunnyukmarky on 2/12/2007 at 16:06

Wild Orchid Villa Still There?

Posted by creativeguy on 26/11/2007 at 11:43

Hello, I've been checking to make a reservation for the Wild Orchid Villa and their web site appears to have vanished. Does anyone know if they are still there? In the meantime, I'm looking for other accommodation in that general area near the river and would welcome any suggestions. I'll be there in early January. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,304 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by creativeguy on 1/12/2007 at 23:04

Kanchanaburi OR Hoi An???

Posted by kelpeta on 30/11/2007 at 00:25

Hi I have an option of extending my time in Thailand by a day or two, or extending my time in Vietnam. Any suggestions on which place is nicer / more interesting between Kanchanaburi (thailand) OR Hoi An (Vietnam)?? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,303 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/12/2007 at 13:55

travel to thailand

Posted by beemeers on 26/11/2007 at 07:29

Just wondering if anyone has any advice about traveling to thailand in april-june.. we are going to hopefully spend most of our time in southern thailand ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,247 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by beemeers on 1/12/2007 at 12:01

travel partner from Bangkok to Chiang Mai or any part along the way!

Posted by applejy on 26/11/2007 at 19:37

Hi..I am arriving Bangkok on 16th Dec late evening and will be spending 2 days in Bangkok then will be heading to Chiang Mai with a train (not sure train or bus is the best way).Tentatively thinking of stoping by Ayuttaya for a day (maybe) then see what else along the way to the north is worth seeing, if nothing much , then i will go strainght to Chiang Mai.I have 2 choices, planning to spend 3 days in Chiang Mai from 19th or 20th Dec then will take a bus to Pai.I have found a homestay at Pai (n ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,500 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by applejy on 30/11/2007 at 23:36

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page