Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

East or west coast this time of year?

Posted by sallymaher on 30/10/2007 at 16:58

I am already in Thailand and currently staying near the beach in Krabbi, I visited Phi Phi today which was beaytiful and am unsure as to hjow to spend my next two weeks here before heding to Cambodia. I was really keen to head to the East coast then Bangkok before leaving but here that the weather will be really bad and there will be no boats running on the east coast at this time of year, I wouldnt like to iss out as I really want to visit the east coast althouigh I would like to have good weat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,577 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 09:23

Chiang Mai

Posted by sagred on 31/10/2007 at 20:52

I've heard Chiang Mai is a must see in the north of Thailand and i've heard the name mentioned many times by my friends who have been to Thailand on many occaisions. Would anyone recommend seeing it, i read that it's second only to Bangkok and the most culturally significant city in northern thailand. I'm planning on spending 3-4 weeks in Thailand and would like to travel around to see some of the sites. I heard the palace in Bangkok is a must see and heard something about an emerald buddha :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,547 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 09:10

Travel tips

Posted by sagred on 31/10/2007 at 20:58

I read a brilliant post by a user in another thread that gave some really good travel tips for thailand, that answered a lot of questions i had in mind when joining the forum but one final question i had was with regards to travel insurance. I had a look on http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travelinsurance/ which is as the name suggests the travel insurance section of a uk website (as I'm a uk resident :O) ) I've looked through some of the policies and been to see my local travel agent for some ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,368 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 09:04

Discovery Airpass

Posted by sopherie on 31/10/2007 at 21:20

I've been looking at the Discovery Airpass through Bangkok Airways and think its a reasonable deal since i'm wanting to do a lot in a reasonably limited timeframe. However, you can't book online...and even doing a search on the net I can't find travel agencies who sell the vouchers...i'm living in Brussels so that complicates it even more. Does anyone know how I go about finding a travel agency that sells the pass (would like to avoid having to phone 50 travel companies in order to find one that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,285 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by rkmoilan on 31/10/2007 at 22:51

Khao Sok National Park to Ao Phang-Nga

Posted by rocketgirl on 30/10/2007 at 21:45

Does anyone know if there is public transport going from Khao Sok National Park - or would I need to get a bus to Phuket and then on to Ao Phang-Nga? Also how often to buses run from Khao Sok National Park? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,254 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 31/10/2007 at 09:49

Phuket King's Cup Regatta on Kho Phi Phi?

Posted by Harry05 on 31/10/2007 at 01:14

Just read in a guidebook it might be (even more) busy on Kho Phi Phi from december 1st till december 5th due to the King's Cup Regatta. Only found on the internet that the Phuket King's Cup Regatta will be from december 1st till december 8th. Searched also on the TT forum but there seems not be any info about it. Will the regatta be around Phi Phi on the days mentioned and will it affect the availability and prices of accomodation? Anyone knows around which places the regatta will be and it a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,583 times, with no replies.

thailand and other SEA questions

Posted by nateyu on 30/10/2007 at 03:31

I am attempting to put together a trip to South East Asia for this summer. Any advice or answers to the following questions would be incredibly helpful. How bad is the rainy season during mid June to mid July? How much will it affect our trip? What is the cheapest way to get frow the U.S to South East Asia as well as the cheapest ways to get around once we are there? (Has anyone used Cathay Pacific's All Asia pass?) What is a fair budget for a 5 week trip including airfare? How safe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,216 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by ruxandra on 30/10/2007 at 21:59

Koh Samet in Feb. 2008

Posted by motherof2 on 29/10/2007 at 11:30

Hi there, just signed up as a member here. And like to try the forum for my very first time on TF. Plan to Koh Samet in Feb. with 2 kids 6 and 4yrs old. Which beach is the best choice to stay with all the mini marts and restaurants with easy walking access? Any recommendation for the mid range price family (kids friendly) resort we can choose? My budget is no more than 2500B/night. Thanks in advance! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,344 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by motherof2 on 30/10/2007 at 12:25

Ko Similan bungalow bookings

Posted by McCaskell on 30/10/2007 at 11:52

I booked a bungalow for early December on Ko Similan through the national parks office website. I am in Canada and I followed their instructions for wiring money to their account at Krung Thai bank; however, after two weeks they still claim that the money hasn't arrived and have not confirmed the booking. I don't speak Thai and their attendants on the phone don't speak much English. Bookings are supposed to expire in two days after a reservation is done if payment isn't made, and at least they k ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,709 times, with no replies.

Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga

Posted by Harry05 on 28/10/2007 at 23:02

Just saw some info on the website of Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga. They offer a tour through the bay leaving 14.00 PM (the normal 4 hours day tour) with an overnight stay in Koh Panyee muslim fishing village including dinner/breakfast and back to Ao Phang Nga at 8.30 AM. Price is 750 Baht. To me it looks good, being 2 times in the bay, with sunset and sunrise. Can anyone recommend (or not) this tour (or other good tours)? Is it a normal price? You think I have to make reservations for beginnin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,129 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/10/2007 at 14:01

Safety of low budget airlines - Thaliand

Posted by chimpmunk on 25/10/2007 at 17:09

I need to book flights from Bangkok to Krabi and have found flights with Thai International, Air Asia and Bangkok Airways. As a bit of a nervous flyer and a bit of a worrier I'm trying to assess which is the safest option (please don't laugh - I know statistically the chances of anything happening are exceptionally slim!). Having looked on the web, Air Aisa seems to be coming out on top for safety and flight times - but at the back of my mind I've still got this 'but they're a budget airline ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,974 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by marianwarren on 28/10/2007 at 16:41

Suvarnabhumi Airport Overnight

Posted by Yun on 22/10/2007 at 16:06

During my trip in December/January, I unfortunately have two times where I will arrive in BKK around 2300, and have a flight out (one to PP, one to Koh Samui) around 700 the next morning. I know the airport has day-rooms for hire, but these appear to be approx. USD50-100 for a few hours use (which is honestly quite ridiculous). Does anyone have any suggestions? Are food outlets/shops etc open overnight? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,678 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 28/10/2007 at 16:25

2007/08 New Years Party in Bangkok

Posted by ambz on 25/10/2007 at 08:31

I am traveling through Bangkok over new years and am wondering what are the festivals, or where is a good safe fun place to go to celebrate??? Everytime I google I get heaps of info on last years bombings? which sound awful? I did not hear about them as i was out of media reach. Anyways if anyone has some ideas i would greatly appreciated a hit back... thank x ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,580 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by goo_stewart on 25/10/2007 at 10:57

~ 30 days in Thailand - advice to organise my time!

Posted by sopherie on 14/10/2007 at 23:30

Hi there, this is a bit of a long post so please bear with me...I'm a 25 year old female and will be backpacking on my own for the first time in Thailand from the 20th November till 24th december. I have a rough idea of what I would like to do, but would like some advice on the itinerary as i'm not sure how to organise myself and whether i'm missing something out! So.. I arrive in Bangkok where i'd like to spend 2 days to explore the city, on the 3rd day taking a train up to Phra Nakhon Ayutt ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,861 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 25/10/2007 at 05:58

Southern Thailand

Posted by Harry05 on 25/10/2007 at 02:12

Will be travelling in southern Thailand in the first 2 weeks of december. I know there are a lot of topics and good websites with info about the places where I want to go (and I already have been reading a lot), but it's also the experience of other travellers (also about time) I would like to know, including advice on itinerary. My itineray looks like this: Arriving in Phuket by plane (staying 2 days, propably Karong Beach), take a boat to Phi Phi (about 2 hrs?, staying 2 days, one day taking ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,377 times, with no replies.

Free Place to stay in Songkhla

Posted by TCLC on 25/10/2007 at 00:53

Are you a native English Speakers from USA, Canada, UK, Australia, or New Zealand? Do you know how to party? If yes, join our camp and show off your talent to active Kids and enjoy free home stay in Thai traditional house for 3 days and 2 nights on a beautiful island with mountain views. Enjoy what money can't buy. Food and drinks are FREE! No string attached. Interested call Paul 084-166-3674 or email to teacherchanel@gmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,939 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by TCLC on 25/10/2007 at 00:56

From Phimai to the Mekong

Posted by jofml on 24/10/2007 at 23:15

Hi there, we go to Thailand on Nov 7th and want to join the Phimai Festival first. From there we want to go further to Nong Khai or Chiang Khan, does anybody know about the possibilities getting there? Is it necessary to travel to a bigger city first to get to the mekong from there? Nong Khai seems to be reachable much easier, what are travel possibilities to Chiang Khan from Phimai? Thanks in advance Frank ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,137 times, with no replies.

Dinner at Dhara Devi Chiang Mai?

Posted by cubanmeow on 24/10/2007 at 17:26

Has anyone dine in the Thai restaurant in Dhara Devi before? How much is it approximately per person w/o wine? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,090 times, with no replies.

november, december in koh pah ngan?

Posted by alelliott1974 on 24/10/2007 at 14:40

can anyone tell me from experience if you can access thong noi pan by road in november/december. i know the roads are bad this time of year but i am still hopefull,also if you have been on thong noi pan yoi or noi at this time of year is it very quiet or is there some form of life.thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,172 times, with no replies.

USD/THB & Currency

Posted by Yun on 2/10/2007 at 09:20

I was wondering how widely accepted USD is in Thailand - is it possible to get around BKK/KPN/Koh Tao withOUT any THB? I assume THB is advantageous and expected especially in markets and stalls. In this case, I'm coming from Australia. Today the Exchange rates online are: - AUD1:28.37THB or USD1:31.84. Would I be best doing: 1) In BKK, changing AUD to THB? 2) In Australia, changing AUD to USD, then in BKK changing USD to THB? 3) Just carrying USD and getting THB in change off the s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,346 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by khunwilko on 24/10/2007 at 13:10

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page