Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

tailor made clothes in Bangkok

Posted by jasminsingh on 10/9/2007 at 00:52

Hi, I'm gonna be in Bangkok soon and would like to get something done there. is there anyone who had a real good experience at a tailor store? or also a really bad experience? thanks for any recommendation, jasmin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,698 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by MJS on 19/9/2007 at 00:21

Way from Bangkok to Phuket ***Urgent***

Posted by fitzlee on 23/1/2007 at 20:50

Has anyone been to Phuket from Bangkok? How was the journey? By bus or by plane? Your share of experience would be appreciated! Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,757 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vin4564 on 18/9/2007 at 17:32

Koh Tao to Bangkok via land

Posted by Yun on 14/9/2007 at 14:56

I've read the Bangkok to Koh Samui/PN/Tao guide, as I am planning a trip in the other direction (Koh Tao to Bangkok). My question is regarding buses - the guide says do not take any private buses from Khao San road. However if I am in the opposite direction, how will I know which buses are safe and which are not? Can anyone recommend any safe options to leave Koh Tao in the afternoon with an overnight bus/train to Bangkok? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,424 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 09:14

Advice on global itinerary

Posted by Harry05 on 15/9/2007 at 15:43

On december 2nd I will start my South East Asia journey in Phuket. In the beginning I wanna take my time in the south of Thailand and then head up north till the border with Laos. After Laos I will also visit Cambodia and Vietnam (maybe good to know if you want to give me some advice). I am a quite experienced traveller but it’s my first time in SE Asia so it’s always good to get some good and actual advice. I don’t care about luxury (and prefer atmosphere above that): a private, clean and ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,632 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 16/9/2007 at 09:12

Buses

Posted by KRStamm on 13/9/2007 at 00:48

I was wondering about the bus situation in Southern Thailand? Is there a site or does anyone have any info on bus schedules. I plan on going from BKK to Chumpon via bus or train... what is better and then take the overnight ferry to Ko Tao (hopefully it doesnt rain on me). What is quicker? Bus or Train? Also anyone know about Ko Tarutao? Accomidations or is it better to just do a day trip? Thanks a million Kirstin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,755 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 14/9/2007 at 14:55

cautionary tale regarding organised tours

Posted by steveandlesley on 13/9/2007 at 18:17

Whilst in Bangkok we booked an organised one day tour to the river Khwae through our hotel. Whilst on the way there a few of us in the bus were concerned about the speed at which the driver was driving, but said nothing. On the way back during a very heavy monsoon storm, the driver was racing along the very wet road. He braked to avoid a vehicle in front, lost control, the bus skidded 180 degrees and then rolled onto the central grassy area. Luckily it was stopped fron rolling to much by a tr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,902 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by namaste970 on 14/9/2007 at 06:12

Ko Maak, Ko Kut, Ko Wai etc in October

Posted by sarah100 on 13/9/2007 at 17:45

Off to Ko Chang on the 3rd October and plan to visit Ko Maak, Ko Kut, Ko Wai etc until Oct 13th. A lot of places I've found tend to open on the 15th October.... Does anyone know if there are ferries running/places to stay during this time? Ideally it won't the be 'package deals' though as I'd like to be more flexible. Any tips/help would be gratefully received! Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,241 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 13/9/2007 at 23:42

Market Selling Buddhist Statues, Bangkok.

Posted by chaytiong on 11/9/2007 at 10:41

dear all, i would like to know the market or rather bazaar that sells a wide array of Buddhist statues in Bangkok. it has been aired once in Lonely Planet and it seems to be the place for me to purchase some for my collection. however, i am lost in terms of what the market is called in Bangkok and i am truly grateful if you could provide me that name. thanks and regards ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,017 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 13/9/2007 at 20:15

Suvarnabhumi Airport to China town

Posted by g_singh on 12/9/2007 at 19:51

hi, im arriving in bangkok in october, in the middle of the vegetarian festival- which is perfect as im a vegi. from the airport i need to get to chinatown to the Yaowarat Rd. after a long flight im hoping to cab it there, how much should i pay for a taxi and how long does it take if my plane lands at 2.00pm?? im thinking 300 baht and 1 hour in traffic. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,886 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by g_singh on 13/9/2007 at 14:47

One month island hopping

Posted by KRStamm on 11/9/2007 at 23:04

I have the entire month of November in Thailand!!! We plan on hanging out in the south mostly the islands, kyacking, snorkling, hiking to waterfalls and climbing. I was wondering what the best places are to see that are not crowed and how long did you stay on each island to get a good feel for it and actually relax. I am afraid that if we are too ambitious we will end up traveling the entire time and not seeing anything. Help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,263 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by exacto on 12/9/2007 at 04:11

reading thai

Posted by kokodojo on 7/9/2007 at 21:39

Hey. im going to thailand for a month come this november. i would like to actually understand how to read the signs and other things when i get there. i am learning the language..bits a pieces. any suggestions on good websites. programs. anything that could help me decifer the written language? thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,114 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 11/9/2007 at 15:39

Sleeping sheets

Posted by KRStamm on 10/9/2007 at 23:12

I plan on staying in cheap hotels/ bungalows in the southern beaches. Do they proving sheets? Is it best to take my own sleeping sheet? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 11/9/2007 at 09:40

guesthouse toilets

Posted by someguyinasia on 7/9/2007 at 20:57

just while I'm here... why is it that the g/h shower so often sprays onto the dunny? - or even worse - the bogroll? I mean -- how difficult is it to design a bathroom that avoids this messy, sloppy situation? Anyone? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,099 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ChangFai on 9/9/2007 at 05:10

Wat Bang Phra

Posted by saraashlee02 on 7/9/2007 at 12:25

Hey, I was curious if anyone could tell me how to get from Bangkok to Wat Bang Phra using public transit, as I am not interested in paying WAY TOO MUCH money hiring a taxi!! :-) If anyone can help, that'd be awesome!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,377 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by ChangFai on 8/9/2007 at 17:03

Koh Pha Ngan - NYE 2007/2008 accommodation

Posted by Yun on 1/9/2007 at 16:27

I'm intending to go the NYE party Dec31-2007. It's marketed as a FMP, but I assume it's simply a NY party (as there's a FMP Dec24). Nonetheless, do all the accommodation restrictions still apply (minimum 5-7 nights etc)? I was hoping to arrive KPN on NYE and stay overnight for the party + accommodation, before leaving for Koh Tao the next day. Is there any accommodation that allows you to stay just the one night? If yes, are any bookable online? If no, then am I better served leaving my ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,005 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Gunism on 6/9/2007 at 02:07

October in

Posted by katie304 on 14/8/2007 at 02:30

Hi I am traveling for 2 weeks in Thailand this October for my first time. I am interested in seeing as much as possible/realistic. I would love to go north to Chiang Mai and or Chiang Rai and and also see some beautiful beaches. I do enjoy getting off the beaten track. Any suggestions on destinations considering the month and time of travel? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,502 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ChrisMcG5 on 5/9/2007 at 16:44

Relaxed Accomodation around phuket

Posted by tommcm1200 on 5/9/2007 at 11:35

hi all, girlfriend, 5 yr son and i will be venturing to thailand over the xmas and jan period. Im looking for accomodation suggestions to spend xmas at - we fly into phuket but wish to find something nice and laxed.... away from the riff raff... budget is probably 1000 - 1500B thanks!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,542 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/9/2007 at 14:24

Longer term beach stays

Posted by adversecamber on 4/9/2007 at 21:09

Hi, I'm planning to sit out two to three months of the British winter around the beaches of Thailand without breaking the bank. Anyone know any quieter beaches with cheap single accommodation on Islands or the mainland? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,715 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by adversecamber on 5/9/2007 at 02:39

Car hire in Kanchnaburi???

Posted by Jon_Mak_Mak on 29/8/2007 at 20:25

Is there any place to hire a car in Kanchanaburi? Cheers, Ant. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,639 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Jon_Mak_Mak on 5/9/2007 at 02:19

One night only in Koh Samui

Posted by torylmcneil on 3/9/2007 at 15:17

We have a stopover in Koh Samui for one night before transferring on to Koh Tao. We fly in pretty late at night from China (via Bangkok) - and will be taking the ferry to Koh Tao the next day. We therefore don't need nice beaches or even pools. But a nice room, that we don't have to travel too far to get to, with a comfy bed and a good breakfast would be in order! Can anyone help? Ideally not more than $80. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,023 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 3/9/2007 at 21:46

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page