Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Help! From Shanghai with baby looking for paradise retreat

Posted by torylmcneil on 2/7/2007 at 17:42

My partner and I are planning a trip to one of the Thai islands in October. With us will be our daughter who will be just 10 months old at the time. We recently made a disappointing trip to Langkawi - the beaches were gritty/pebbly, the sea was grey and full of tiny stinging jellyfish (but no other snorkelling as the visibility was so poor!)- and we are really keen to do better this time! Top on our holiday list of must haves is a fantastic beach - and for us that is soft clean (white?) s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,283 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by torylmcneil on 9/7/2007 at 03:25

Good resort over christmas?

Posted by brallygoats on 7/7/2007 at 11:35

Hey all, Me and my girlfriend are looking for a good resort ot stay at for a week over christmas break. I am overwhelmed by how many options there are. Any advice on a good spot in december that may have some package deals for 5 days or so? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,615 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brallygoats on 9/7/2007 at 00:05

Had Khom to PAC animal clinic in Baan tai

Posted by ike on 6/7/2007 at 22:12

hello everyone, i am planning to stay for a week at had khom while on lovely ko phangan in august. would like to vounteer a couple of days at the PAC animal clinic near Baan Tai. what would be the easiest way to travel early in the morning (around 8:00) to baan tai and return around 19:00 to had khom? any suggestions very welcome! Thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,489 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:34

Layover in BKK

Posted by peachiest99 on 7/7/2007 at 13:08

I am flying into the new airport at BBK at 10:30pm on a Monday night, and departing for Chiang Mai at 10:30am the next day. Ideally, I'd love to be able to head somewhere interesting, sleep, and get back to the airport without too much stress. I am finding most sites still give information in conncetion to the old airport, not the new one. Can anyone offer suggestions of hotels in a mid range budget? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,310 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:16

The Region: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam October (ish) 2008

Posted by Si84 on 7/7/2007 at 07:06

http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1 Hi guys, Me and a friend are thinking of travelling around south east asia for 3 months next year and really would like some help on how to start! The above recommended route looks good but have many questions. We would like to get at least a couple of weeks on the islands off Thailand. Is the trip plus time on the islands realistic in 3 months? How much money (excluding flights) would we need roughly for the duration? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,379 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:09

New Years Eve in Thailand

Posted by ceisel23 on 7/7/2007 at 01:54

Hello all! A friend and I are planning a 2-3 week trip to Thailand, we plan to arrive in Bangkok December 27 or so. Since we are spending New Year's Eve there, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good place to spend the holiday. We're in our late 20s, enjoy socializing, but not neccessarily in that "crazy party" backpacker place we were in our early 20s. Still, I wouldn't mind encountering crazy festivites. I scuba dive, so woud like to make it to the islands, but also want to hik ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,664 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 8/7/2007 at 20:03

? Things to do in Bangkok for 2 days ?

Posted by ndecost1 on 12/6/2007 at 05:00

If you could only do one or two things in Bangkok, what would they be? We are considering doing a half day tour while we're there so see part of the city. Any recommendations? We will be staying at The Peninsula during the month of December. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,082 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by alisonmilliken on 7/7/2007 at 16:37

Diving in Ko Tao??? Then Chang Mai, Siem Reap, or both?

Posted by turismo949 on 3/7/2007 at 05:34

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and amazed by the resourcefulness of this website. Sort of stumped in my planning now. Part of my trip (first time to SE Asia) is a weekend in late July to Ko Tao where I plan to take beginner dive classes. I found the extensive list of dive schools on the different beaches listed here http://www.travelfish.org/sights/thailand/southern_thailand/surat_thani/ko_tao but was wondering if anyone here has any personal recommendations on which diving school has the bes ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,393 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 4/7/2007 at 19:27

Discovery Airpass

Posted by erdanan on 30/6/2007 at 02:32

Hi I've been checking out the discovery airpass on Bangkok airways web site, which is a greta way to keep the costs of flights around Thailand down. http://www.bangkokair.com/discoveryairpass/?id=1 On the web site it says "Currently, it is not possible to purchase the Airpass through our web site, please contact your travel agent or our representative offices for more details." Can anyone recomend a travel agent in the UK who they have bought an airpass from please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,622 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by erdanan on 4/7/2007 at 01:25

Transfer between Bangkok airports

Posted by kay_kay on 28/6/2007 at 20:27

We are arriving into the new Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok and then need to take a domestic flight down to Surat Thani which leaves from Don Muang. Does anyone have any info on the distance and what means of transport there are between these airports and approximately how long it will take? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 21,347 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 2/7/2007 at 19:02

Spa and diamonds

Posted by walkingsunshine on 2/7/2007 at 01:15

Can anyone recommand a great spa in Bangkok. And where is the best place to buy diamonds? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,022 times, with no replies.

Mid July - what island to go to?

Posted by beckparker on 29/6/2007 at 16:44

Hello, My partner and I are taking off from a long few months in Kuala Lumpur, and are really seeking a Thai island to relax on -- not too big on the party scene ( a feeling of small town seclusion appeals), and has a little bit of nature to enjoy (snorkeling, hiking). Ko Lipe really appealed to me, but i am afraid we will be rained out in july. I see Ko Pha Ngan has been recommended for a couple going in September-- would it have decent weather in July? Thanks for any advice you can ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,004 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/7/2007 at 06:24

Thailand Trip help!

Posted by ajetj on 29/6/2007 at 21:50

Hi- I'm a single american woman that will be travelling around Thailand at the beginning of Sept. 07 and need help figuring out where to go and how many days to spend in each. I want to go up north but some people say Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai and some are saying Mae Hon Song and then I want to go down to the beaches but I'm not sure where to go. At the beach, I don't want to party but I want to hang out on the beach and maybe do some interesting things and also check out the markets and shopp ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,621 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by hweikwan on 30/6/2007 at 20:50

URGENT...Anyone coming to Phi Phi in next few days?

Posted by drutherford on 28/6/2007 at 11:05

Hi We have left our camera at a travel agent in Phuket Town. We were wondering if anybody was planning on coming from Phuket to Phi Phi in the next few days who could pick it up and bring it over for us. It would save us the cost/time of having to go over and back ourselves. We will pay your ticket over if you are able to do this for us and we would be most grateful. Thanks in advance Cheers Debbie and Ed ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,112 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Hannalm on 29/6/2007 at 23:11

Flying from Bankok to Samui to Seam Reap - Discovery Airpass?

Posted by erdanan on 29/6/2007 at 17:11

Hi I'm new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me out here. My girlfriend and I are planning our holiday of a life time after a tough year. We have got flights into Bangkok in the 2nd week of August and are leaving 3 weeks later, during which we want to fly to samui to spend some time on the chain of islands a lean to suba dive. Then we want to fly to seam reap and see Angkor Wat, then back to bangkok and home. My question is does anyone know the most economical way of ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,334 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 29/6/2007 at 18:52

AMEX TC vs VISA or Master Card TC

Posted by yayo12 on 26/6/2007 at 00:07

Hi everyone: Just wondering if someone can help me with this issue. I've been reading as much as I can about how convenient it is to take TC to mainland ASIA. It seems that with an ordinary ATM card and some cash TC are a good option, what i havent found yet is what type of TC are the best to take. Is it Amex TC? I know they are the easiest to find in Mexico (where I live) but im more interested in the type that would be easier to cash in Asia and the one with fewer comissions. I'll be ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,914 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by exacto on 27/6/2007 at 22:16

The Sarojin, Khao Lak versus The Twinpalms, Phuket

Posted by ndecost1 on 26/6/2007 at 03:59

We are almost ready to book our two week honeymoon to Thailand. We are down to choosing between these two fairly different resorts. I would appreciate anyone's opinions on them or the area. The Sarojin looks like an amazing beach and Khao Lak seems to be a cute town. I also love the idea of visitng the Similan islands nearby. On the otherhand, the Twinpalms also seems to sit on a beautiful beach - maybe not as nice looking at the Sarojin - and it has this great new beach club on Surin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,750 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/6/2007 at 18:30

other islands for day/night trip from Phuket or Khao Lak

Posted by ndecost1 on 26/6/2007 at 04:13

Can you recommend island day trips for us? We are considering staying in Surin Beach in Phuket or in Khao Lak at the Sarojin. I see that everyone goes to the Phi Phi islands and the James Bond island. Are these really the best to visit? We'd like to go for a day and spend time on an amazing beach. We would consider spending the night there if we found nice accommodations for $100 USD a night. Any recs on tour & boat operators to these islands as well? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,203 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by cybervlad on 27/6/2007 at 18:18

one month

Posted by kokodojo on 26/6/2007 at 09:07

i am planning roughly a one month trip in thailand...ive started checking things out. im going to start in bangkok. and end in ko pag nan for the full moon party... than depart by phuket. any suggestions/tips on good areas to stop by in the middle?? any advice at all would be great in general katie kate ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,123 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 27/6/2007 at 07:56

Itinerary Suggestions Please!

Posted by yayo12 on 20/6/2007 at 01:37

Hi there: I'm about to start an 8 to 10 week trip around Mainland Asia (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam). I've been trying to read as much as I can about the weather, cities to visit, highlights and timeframes, but I'm still a little bit confused about my "so far" itinerary, so I would really appreciate some help and advice. I will be starting my trip in early august (Monsoon Season) so I was just making up my mind if it would be better to cross from Thailand to Cambodia, through Poip ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,603 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by yayo12 on 24/6/2007 at 04:00

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page