Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Trek in North Thailand, Vietnam or Loas

Posted by geoffraffe on 20/3/2007 at 23:01

Can anyone recomend the better trekking? We don't have time to fit all three in and we want to make the most of it. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,362 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by camstyle on 21/3/2007 at 18:36

Ko Lanta with kids

Posted by racheltanya on 2/2/2007 at 05:42

Hi, We're travelling to Thailand next winter and after spending some time in BKK with friends, we're planning to go on and stay in Ko Lanta. Can anyone recommend accomodation that would suit a family with two kids under ten and two adults who still enjoy a drink and chilled out vibe at the end of the day (that's us . . )? We've got some money to spend, but not a fortune, and wouldn't feel at home on a big resort. Any ideas gratefully received. Thanx!! Rach ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,620 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Loops on 21/3/2007 at 09:13

Weather in May: a reality check please!

Posted by cellabella on 2/3/2007 at 17:34

I am plannig to travel around Thailand and Laos in May, spending time in Bangkok, Chiang Mai/ Chiang Kong, Luang Prabang and Koh Tao. I have found plenty of weather overviews, but wondered if please please anyone could tell me what it is REALLY like to be in these areas at this time of year on a day to day basis? Constant rain or short bursts of rain, drizzle or heavy showers? Thank you so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 9,342 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Loops on 21/3/2007 at 08:28

20 things to think about before arriving in Thailand

Posted by khunwilko on 19/3/2007 at 16:19

Here are 50 things to think about when visiting Thailand… 1. Bring a cell phone “unblocked” and buy a Thai SIM card for it on arrival, they’re cheap (apprx. 250 baht) and include some credit already on them - e.g. - International calls to UK are about 5 - 8baht per min… 2. Money - Bring ATM and/or credit cards. - check fees and tell your bank your are going abroad. - Take Travellers cheques only as back-up. Bring very little cash – you tend to get a better rate of exchange here ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,551 times, with no replies.

Getting around Ko Pha Ngan and accommodation

Posted by sugarplum on 18/3/2007 at 12:43

We're still undecided about where to stay but so far most people seem to recommend Bottle Beach (but that's probably too inaccessable), Ao Plaaylaem or Thong Nai Pan Noi. How easy is it to get from these places to the Full Moon Party and to Golden Light resort now known as Holiday beach resort (kite surf school) - are taxis available at all hours? Most postings about the accommodation are quite old - so recommendations about accommodation also very welcome - a good aircon bungalow is what we're ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,357 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 19/3/2007 at 07:39

Ideas for a birthday island?

Posted by wemaybesometime on 14/3/2007 at 22:24

Hi, My boyfriend and I arrive in Bangkok on 17th April to start our 6 months of travelling. It's my birthday and our anniversary on 23rd April and we want to go south to a nice island (picture postcard type hut on beach!). We're planning on leaving bangkok on 20th April and getting back there on 27th April to fly to Cambodia. Any tips on where to go? how to get there? where to stay? etc - we're on a budget, but not scrimping too much for this week, Thanks Tara ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,444 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:17

Electricity in Koh Tao

Posted by babyblue on 16/3/2007 at 21:30

Hello! I'm new to this site but having spent 6 months in India & Nepal we are now embarking on the SE Asia leg of our trip. We are currently in Koh Lanta but are going to be heading in the next day or two to Koh Tao. I have heard there is little electricity on the island - is this still true? I get v hot & my boyfriend is a writer so needs a cool room to work in & we therefore need to know if 24 hour A/C or even fan is possible. Thanks for any help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,171 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 18/3/2007 at 12:03

Accomodation in Railay Beach Thailand

Posted by sugarplum on 18/3/2007 at 11:55

We're looking for some accomodation in Railay Beach and having looked at Travelfish we can't really see any current reviews on the accomodation listed. Has anyone stayed there recently and if so have any recommendations for some mid-range places to stay? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,554 times, with no replies.

stolen things on the bus from krabi to ko phangan

Posted by danig on 16/3/2007 at 10:07

we booked a bus from krabi to ko phangan - after about 3 hours we had to change the bus in the middle of nowhere! without an obvious reason! in this bus our luggage was stored downstairs in the first class part of the bus! in ko phangan we recognised that our backbags where repacked incorrectly! and there where missing about 100 dollars! we where talking to some of the other passengers, wich had the same problem, also missing money! we can not do something because we dont even know the name ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,113 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by tails101 on 16/3/2007 at 21:19

Flights to Phuket...

Posted by annamac on 13/3/2007 at 07:15

My flight back home leaves from Phuket - and because I'll be up North just before, I'm flying straight down from Chang Mai. My dilemma is this - my flight home is at 10.30pm, so do you think it's unwise to get a flight from Chaing Mai to Phuket that lands at 2.45pm on the same day? Or should I plan to get to Phuket, the day before? If so, where's the best, closest place to stay near the airport? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,390 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by annamac on 14/3/2007 at 05:52

How big is Phuket

Posted by billygoat on 11/3/2007 at 11:41

Its a silly question but if somebody could help it would be great. Can anybody tell me how big Phuket is?? I have looked at this site which helps but it shows so many beaches in Phuket. Are all the beaches reasonibly close to each like Koh Samui or would it take some time to look around. I also was wanting to know where is the best place to go from the airport?? I am looking at booking accomidation once I arrive. Is this unwise?? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,474 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Kristi on 13/3/2007 at 18:08

Nice Resort in Chiangmai Prao

Posted by smilelandtravel on 13/3/2007 at 14:56

Please Visit our new Resort in Chiangmai!!!! check this out www.aomdoiresort.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,601 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by smilelandtravel on 13/3/2007 at 14:57

Phuket - tourist trap or worth a look?

Posted by Sparkle on 6/1/2007 at 17:08

We live in Spain - about 20 mins from Benidorm, which is a terrible tourist trap, and we hate it, but up and down the coast theres some wonderful places which are more spanish than Benidorm. We're planning our Honeymoon trip for April/May and one place we'd written off was Phuket, mainly 'cos we don't want to be in the tourist masses.... are we right to do this or should we reconsider parts of Phuket? Sparkle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,576 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Quero on 13/3/2007 at 11:31

reservations needed?

Posted by msjennypenny on 13/3/2007 at 05:18

Do I need reservations for Bangkok's Baan Sabai guesthouse? I'm going to be in Bangkok from Apr 18-21. If I do, is it better to email or call? Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,097 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by pinoydownhiller on 13/3/2007 at 11:08

New Accomadation in Phrao

Posted by anakru on 13/3/2007 at 08:45

Welcome to Aomdoi Resort Aomdoi resort is beautiful botanical gardens and flower park of charming countryside in Prao in Chiang Mai. Our accommodations are Lanna contemporary style suitable for tourists who fascinate natural and simple private life. Can your see detail please click www.aomdoiresort.com Thak you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,185 times, with no replies.

School Holidays

Posted by billygoat on 12/3/2007 at 12:37

Please Help!!! I am meeting up with a friend from Chaing Rai late this year and along with their children hope to look around their Beautiful Countryside. Can anybody tell me when the school holidays start and finish for those children from Chaing Rai?? Thier children are aged 7 and 15. I have been told that they may have different times.. Thanks... Also is October low or high season?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,365 times, with no replies.

Going to Pai

Posted by rdennes on 12/3/2007 at 08:51

Hello. I am going to stay in Pai again in a couple of days and wonder if anyone has been to gasalong river lodge recently. I stayed 3 years ago and it was run by a Thai guy and his Japanese wife, who were awesome. Now I am on an uber budget I wonder if it is too expensive, and even if it is the same couple running the show. Any suggestions for other cheap guesthouses a bit removed from Pai town itself. Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,164 times, with no replies.

Charliehousepinklao in Bangkok

Posted by dutchtravelfam on 9/3/2007 at 15:57

We are a family with 3 young children travelling through SE Asia for 4 months. I have been looking at booking Charlie House Pin Klao in Bangkok for a few nights; it looks really nice. It's been open for just a year now and can not find anything about it on Travelfish. Does anyone know it? The rooms are heavily discounted right now, should I be suspicious? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,245 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wayne on 11/3/2007 at 20:49

How many days in each place?

Posted by CalgaryJen on 7/3/2007 at 03:29

I was wondering how many days *should* be spent at each of the following places? (We'll be in Thailand for 2.5 weeks). Bangkok Ayutthaya Ko Tao Ko Pha Ngan Krabi Ko Phi Phi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,492 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 10/3/2007 at 23:31

Renting Mobile Phones in Bangkok

Posted by CalgaryJen on 7/3/2007 at 03:25

Is it possible to rent phones in Bangkok that work all over Thailand for 2.5 weeks? How much would it cost (for phone calls and text messages)? We'll be mostly in Bangkok and in the south and gulf islands. Where would you rent them? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,533 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by exacto on 10/3/2007 at 23:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page