Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Tripods in temples?

Posted by davidwise on 1/1/2007 at 19:21

Hi, I'm coming to Thailand in a few weeks time, hoping to make a little book of pinhole photographs of temples and ruins. Is there any problem with using tripods in these places in Thailand? I only ask because I've just done a book of the Middle East and got quite a lot of hassle regarding tripod use (mainly from guards looking to make a bit extra unofficially), and wondered if it is the same in the east. Thanks. Also, any idea on the best ruins/temples to visit? I've got 6 weeks in all in the c ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,932 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by Kristi on 29/1/2007 at 13:30

Koh Lanta in May

Posted by Toro on 21/1/2007 at 07:21

Hi, I am going to Koh Lanta for two weeks in early May. Staying at a resort on Klong Dao Beach. Anyone who has been to Koh Lanta in May, how was it? Especially the weather.... Will be arriving in the evening (around half past eight) at Krabi airport, will there be any problems getting to Koh Lanta that late? Thank you! -Toro- ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,848 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by EmjayReet on 28/1/2007 at 15:57

International School Bangkok

Posted by oriana on 26/1/2007 at 16:49

Can anyone tell me what area the International School Bangkok is in and how far it is from the center? I'm take my LSAT there in February and I want to stay somewhat near it's location to reduce the time of my commute and increase my chances of actually arriving on time! Thanks so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,098 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 26/1/2007 at 17:47

Kanchanaburi to Trang via train, advice needed!

Posted by Barnsey on 18/1/2007 at 00:35

Hey everyone, On Sunday the 1st of April I need to depart Kanchanaburi and arrive in Trang on the 2nd. I was thinking of changing at Nakhon Pathom instead of going all the way back to Bangkok and catching the sleeper train from there. The only issues seem to be: A 2 hour connection time at Nakhon Pathom - I'm unsure of how reliable the railway line from Kanchanaburi is, so even though it may seem easy with the 2 hour gap, am I still at risk of missing the sleeper train? Has anyone used ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,987 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 25/1/2007 at 23:16

Bangkok airport advice

Posted by esseffe on 12/1/2007 at 19:50

We are flying in from Copenhagen SAS and then taking a domestic flight to Chang Mai with Air Asia. How long should i leave between the arrival time of the first flight and the departure of the next? I was thinking three hours but I'm not sure whether we will need to change terminals etc. Can anyone help? thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,302 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Red on 24/1/2007 at 12:01

Bangkok Digs and Onto Chaing Mai

Posted by tomboreynolds on 24/1/2007 at 07:05

Hi, Flying into Bangkok this weekend from Balhi as part of our gap year travels and really appreciate some views on good backpacker places to stay for a couple of nights before we head up to Chaing Mai. LP's advise seems to be Khao San area - any names or views would be really helpful. Likewise on the journey up to Chaing Mai and the best way to set up a trek. Not sure what we should budget for the latter but again any views would be really helpfull. Thanks in advance. Tom R ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,804 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 24/1/2007 at 08:56

Where to stay in Kanchanaburi?

Posted by Laura_B on 17/1/2007 at 22:49

Where is the best place around the Kanchanaburi area? Is it the town or by the river? Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,889 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Laura_B on 23/1/2007 at 19:25

Paddys Day

Posted by beckyflood81 on 22/1/2007 at 19:20

Can anybody tell me where would be a good place to be for Paddy's Day? We can't decide between staying in Bangkok or heading for one of the islands. Any suggestions please? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,430 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/1/2007 at 07:37

Nice beach with sunset on early March

Posted by wailing1 on 19/1/2007 at 16:23

Hi, I'm going to Phuket on early March and looking for a place which is in Phuket or surrounding islands. In this ten days holiday, I hope to stay in a place which is not crowded, has lovely sunset, pristine beach with clear water, can do some snorkelling off beach and mid-range luxury resort. Heard Koh Yao sounds good. Is it also good on the west side of island? I loved sunset. Any other suggestions and recommendations of place to stay, to eat, to go? Thank you. wailing ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,170 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Quero on 21/1/2007 at 23:28

Phuket side trips

Posted by schooley on 21/1/2007 at 05:54

Hi, Am heading to Phuket in may with my family, (inc 2 children 6 and 10). Am staying in Phuket for 10 days but think this may be too long. Am thinking of taking a trip for around 2 nights 3 days to break up the time in Phuket. Can anyone suggest something. Only criteria is that it needs to be relatively kid friendly. Was thinking of hiring a car for this trip, is this a good idea ?? Advice and opinions most welcome. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,748 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Quero on 21/1/2007 at 13:24

Guide services from Chiang Mai/Akha

Posted by nitram on 21/1/2007 at 07:16

I plan to be in Chiang Mai mid February 2007. I've been communicating with a guide but find that he will charge guide fees but would need me to also hire a driver or rent a car. This becomes rather expensive. Does anyone know of a reputable and safe guide/driver who can take two travelers to less travelled Akha or other hill tribe villages as well temple complexes within day-trip range from Chiang Mai. We do not what a commercial/group tour as one of us is a photographer who wants to be able ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,963 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 21/1/2007 at 08:39

Round Trip

Posted by drutherford on 16/1/2007 at 13:01

Hi Has anyone done a round trip from Bangkok, through Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos and back to Bangkok? We are thinking of a 5-6 week trip. Thinking 2-3 weeks Vietnam, 1 week Cambodia, 1 week Laos, 1 week Northern Thailand. Is this feasible? Will we be able to see the main touristy destinations in this time? We have been to BK before so not really necessary to do anything there apart from maybe a day of shopping. Cheers Debbie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,076 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by snmmaclean on 19/1/2007 at 10:25

Bus routes from airport to other regions in thailand

Posted by forbesyone on 1/1/2007 at 16:27

Am arriving about 3pm in the airport and dont want to go into Bngk proper. Can i get buses to other cities/regions from the transport center and thus avoid the armpit altogether? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,227 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by forbesyone on 17/1/2007 at 17:44

Kanchanaburi Trekking

Posted by AndreaGS on 17/1/2007 at 10:56

My boyfriend and I are leaving in a few weeks for Thailand and the first thing we want to do is get out into the jungle and do some trekking. We've checked online, but the prices seem a bit steep. According to the Let's Go guidebook I purchased, 2-3 day trekking tours are not that expensive when booked there (and I understand not all companies will have websites and online booking). Is it pretty easy to just get there and book something for the next day? I'm a bit of a planner so waiting u ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,521 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 17/1/2007 at 17:43

Waves n currents, andaman c

Posted by MichelleMood on 3/1/2007 at 12:37

what is the situation w/waves and currents on the beaches at Yao Yai, Ko Muk, Racha Yai, and Ko Ngai? we're trying to narrow down where to stay that has snorkeing from the shore, good diving w/ good divemasters, and relatively safe 4 kids. would that be ko muk/ngai, or are they too exposed to open ocean? tx! michelle ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,259 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Quero on 17/1/2007 at 07:10

Phi Phi or Lanta or ? what is the nicest?

Posted by rastguu on 3/1/2007 at 19:32

Hello, I am planning to go to Thailand first two weeks of March. Is it best to be in southeast or southwest at that time? (because of the monsoon) I am there with my girlfriend and want a very nice beach, bar and people when I want to and privacy when I want to. Another thing is: I want to dive and a budget housing directly at the beach. Does anybody have advice? Thanks a lot! Cheers, Richard ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,641 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sutida15 on 15/1/2007 at 14:21

Thailand increases airport departure tax

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/1/2007 at 11:54

From 1st February 2007 the Thailand departure tax (or Passenger Service Charges : PSC) will be increased as follows (change applies to all airports): International from 500 Baht to 700 Baht Domestic from 50 Baht to 100 Baht Note domestic departure tax (with the exception of Bangkok Airways operated airports) is incorporated into the ticket price. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,941 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by wayne on 15/1/2007 at 12:48

Airport to Kanchanaburi

Posted by davidwise on 15/1/2007 at 00:07

hello, i'd like to travel from the airport to kanchanaburi, anybody know what bus number is it to get to morchit station? i guess thats the easiest way, then bus on from there? i've tried to find out from the airport website but no joy. thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,365 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/1/2007 at 11:03

Staying overnight at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

Posted by prairieox on 2/1/2007 at 11:32

hi there, we have a flight that arrives in Bangkok at 10:30 pm, and a flight out the next day at 6:45 am. Does anyone know if we can stay overnight (i.e. sleep on chairs or something) at the airport, or if we will be forced to move out into a hotel? Thanks!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,305 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by candylotus on 14/1/2007 at 08:30

Guest houses in Chiang Mai

Posted by meeshr on 12/1/2007 at 18:56

Hi there I will be in Chiang Mai throughout April, to do a massage course at the Susnhine Massage School, which is on 159/2 kaew nawarat Soi 4 - has anyone been there? Also, I am currently looking for guesthouses accomm for about 3 weeks near the school or one that can be recommended. I have looked at Pun Pun Guest House and Hollanda Montri Guest House - are these any good? I would appreciate any help or advice about this. Best wishes meesh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,203 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rayc101 on 13/1/2007 at 09:57

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page