Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Bangkok Airport Overnight

Posted by messej01 on 1/12/2006 at 09:53

Hi, We will be landing at the new Bangkok airport at approx 11pm and then have a domestic flight to Chiang Mai at 6.45am so I don't want to go into Bangkok central and then return. Airport hotels and day rooms are out of the budget (i.e. cheap). Is it ok to sleep at the new airport, happy to just sit in a chair but don't want to be thrown out? Thanks Julie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,371 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 6/12/2006 at 10:41

Safe Booking for train tickets

Posted by Renee2383 on 29/11/2006 at 21:30

Hello guys, I am about to book tickets for Bkk Surat Thani & Bkk Chiang Mai on Traveller2000. They require you to fill in a form and fax your credit card and passport to them. I found the company on the seat61 website and it says they are a reputable company. I was just wondering if anyone else had used them and could vouch for them? Also, is this safe to do a booking this way? many thanks Re ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,138 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by Renee2383 on 5/12/2006 at 20:31

Bus vanaf Suvarnabhumi Airport naar treinroute richting Camodja

Posted by herold on 3/12/2006 at 22:07

Weet iemand of er vanaf Suvarnabhumi Airport ook bussen gaan richting plaatsen waar de 3e klas trein naar Cambodja stopt. bv. Lat Krabang, Pra Chom Klao of Chachoengsao. Dan hoeven we niet eerst naar Bangkok terug, en de volgende ochtend niet zo achterlijk vroeg op. De trein vertrekt nl om 5.55 vanaf Hualalumpong Station, en is bv. pas om 7:50 in Chachoengsao. Helaas zijn dit geen kennelijk geen standaard backpacker routes en er is sowieso nog weinig te vinden over transport vanaf het nieuwe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,512 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 5/12/2006 at 12:08

Bangkok 3 nights accommodation

Posted by Ginab on 26/11/2006 at 17:23

I want to stay somewhere with private facilities and near a skytrain station - possibly Sukumvit or Silom area. Can anyone recommend anywhere? I thought of splashing out and staying at the Bel-Aire Princess? I've read the travelfish guide & message board but haven't seen anything that matches these criteria - unless I've missed it! Thanks!! BTW, this site's fantastic!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,086 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Ginab on 4/12/2006 at 23:28

Which Island? Ko Maak, Ko Mun Nork, Ko Wai, Ko Kham?

Posted by TassieHeidi on 2/12/2006 at 12:57

My fiance and I are flying to Bangkok in March to start a honeymoon trek around SE Asia and Tibet. We plan to rough it a bit once on the road, but would like to start off with a week+ island getaway before heading off to Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Has anyone been to Ko Maak, Ko Mun Nork, Ko Wai, or Ko Kham? Which would most suit as a private honeymoon destination? We are not into the backpackers/party scene and would prefer to go somewhere we can dive and relax on the beach. Highly-devel ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,770 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by TassieHeidi on 4/12/2006 at 19:28

Hotel Booking in Bangkok

Posted by boocik04 on 4/12/2006 at 00:05

Hello everyone, My trip to Bangkok is coming nearer (on the 7th Dec) and I am geting nervous. I made an online hotel booking (Bangkok Sahara Hotel) at AtSiam.com and heard travellers' reviews about bookings not being available at hotels when they use online bookings (unless if they call the hotel to check the booking personally). I have e-mailed twice to AtSiam.com's customer support service about this but there was no reply. How can I go about this? Do I call the hotel myself? I read in r ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,084 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by boocik04 on 4/12/2006 at 15:34

Visa Q's?

Posted by Mechboy on 30/11/2006 at 09:22

Hello all and thanks for the helpful info on the boards... have a few q's Me and my girlfriend are comming to Thailand from Canada march 1 to april 27 2007 plane tickets are bought and paid for :D We were originaly planning on doing a boarder run 1/2 way through our holiday but we are unsure of the best route to take now with the new visa changes. Would it be better to just drive down to the thai embassy and apply for the 60 day tourist visa? or is boarder run still a viabul option? will ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,480 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by exacto on 2/12/2006 at 10:38

Bangkok to Chiang Mai/South Islands??

Posted by SteveHickey on 30/11/2006 at 20:24

Hi there, it's a while off (April) until I leave for Thailand - but I was wondering what is the best way to get from Bangkok to Chiang Mai in the North and the best way to get to the islands in the south? This relates to price, and amount of time taken - ie I'll be on a backpacker budget!! Also, i want to visit the Gulf and the Andaman Coasts, does anyone know if I should hit the islands or Chiang Mai first? Thanks in advance! Steve PS - Awesome site - it's so helpful!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,032 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by exacto on 2/12/2006 at 10:35

Pattaya to Samui or Phangan by ferry

Posted by Kristi on 30/11/2006 at 18:25

Does anybody know if this exists? I can only seem to find flights. Trying to head toward Cambodia! Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,479 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Kristi on 1/12/2006 at 10:51

Diving in Ko Tao

Posted by bliprogers on 16/10/2006 at 18:10

Started looking online for dive schools in Ko Tao, WAY too many to choose from, so in true travelfish style, does anyone have any good suggestions please? PS Never dived before and looking to do PADI open water ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,716 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MJS on 1/12/2006 at 03:48

JEFF

Posted by JEFFO33 on 29/11/2006 at 18:53

HI, DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION/COMMENTS ABOUT THE PINEAPPLE GUESTHOUSE - KARON BEACH? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,206 times, with no replies.

airport taxis

Posted by salbruce on 28/11/2006 at 04:21

When you land tired and disorientated at the new BKK airport, you go outside and the "Limo" taxis descend on you to charge you 900 baht into central Bangkok. We paid that the first time but after coming back from an internal flight we found that if you want a standard yellow and green taxi on a meter, you have to go left (I think) towards departures and down a floor to find them. You pay at a desk a 50 baht "booking fee" and then you are shown to a taxi where it will cost you a lot less i.e. it ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,487 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by thaibamboo on 28/11/2006 at 22:36

Xmas time accom at Phi Phi, Ko Jum and Railay

Posted by annas on 25/11/2006 at 07:04

Hi all, I am thinking of visiting Phi Phi, Ko Jum and Railay around christmas time and spending a couple of nights at each location. I dont really want to pre-book accommodation, however at the same time I dont want to end up sleeping on the beach either!! I would really like to stay in simple bungalow accommodation close to the beach, is prebooking essential at this time of year? Any advice would be greatly appreciated Anna :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,719 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by Tilapia on 28/11/2006 at 21:20

1st night accomodation in Bangkok near airport

Posted by lesleyvr on 26/11/2006 at 12:44

Hello, I will be arriving late- around midnight- into Bangkok. Can anyone recommend a relatively inexpensive/moderaly priced decent hotel near the airport? And one that I can book ahead?? We are planning on heading out to Ayutthaya from the airoprt area the next morning so don't want to go far. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,157 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by lesleyvr on 28/11/2006 at 10:26

Overnight accommodation near Phuket airport?

Posted by sparkie on 27/11/2006 at 15:21

Hi, I am flying into Phuket night time at Christmas and flying out next morning, so I am looking for some where low priced near the airport.(1000B max)Am I likely to find anything around Hat Nai Yang/Mai Khao. I only see references to upmarket resorts. Or should I just head into Phuket town? Any suggestions greatly appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,771 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by sparkie on 28/11/2006 at 10:13

Lodging and January 07 Full Moon Party on Kho Pha Ngan

Posted by creativeguy on 26/11/2006 at 11:30

Getting ideas for a month traveling about Thailand and wondered if anyone has suggestions for finding lodging on Kho Pha Ngan for the full moon party in January. Do I need reservations or can I get there a couple days early and find something? Any suggestions on where to stay? I've read high recommendations for Seaview but they don't take reservations. Thanks! creative guy ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,470 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by creativeguy on 27/11/2006 at 09:07

Bangkok to Chiang Khong overnight bus

Posted by skinnylatte on 25/11/2006 at 17:00

If I'm not mistaken, this bus departs from Morchit around 7pm. I'd like to know how amenable they are to buying tickets a few days before departure — when I tried to buy a ticket to Aranyaprathet once they told me to come a day before, or 2 hours before the bus leaves — but as I'm intending to head for the bus right after landing in Bangkok, I'd like to know if it's possible for friends to pick up a ticket a few days before just so I know I have a confirmed ticket. I have never done this ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,398 times, with no replies.

Quick Travel from Railay Beach to Koh Pan Nang

Posted by Anasuya on 24/11/2006 at 17:57

Hi! I am travelling with some friends who leave on the 12th Decemer, and am really keen to travel quickly from Railay Beach on the 12th to Koh Phan Nang for the 13th Dec to go to the black moon party - I've heard they play great trance music. Anyone know the quickest way? And does anyone have any accomodatio ideas? Thanks! Anasuya ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,978 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Anasuya on 25/11/2006 at 08:07

Guide Book

Posted by Laura_B on 24/11/2006 at 22:36

Hi, Does anyone have any recommendations for guide books for Thailand, particually good for the islands. I have a couple of guide books for Thailand at home, but they're a little out of date and as it's for the whole of Thailand therefore theyt don't give too much detail on the islands. I am fairly familar with Thailand & have already done quite a bit of research-thanks to travelfish and other sites, but I always like to have a guide book for reference and maps. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,824 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by grantroger on 25/11/2006 at 02:44

accomodation for our 1st night in bangkok

Posted by jessica0481 on 18/11/2006 at 18:37

hey, me and my mate r starting out travels in bangkok and wondered whether its worth us booking somewhere to stay on the 1st night or whether we well easily find somewhere when we arrive (landing around 3pm in march)?? does any1 hav any advice for us girls?? cheers! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,924 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by tonnic on 24/11/2006 at 22:06

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page