Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Motorbiking Saigon to Hanoi Jan 2012 keen?

Posted by stik86 on 7/12/2011 at 20:56

I am planning a trip from the south of Vietnam to the north and am looking for a few things that this forum may help with: 1. Advice from people who have already done this trip 2. Others who would like to come for some or all of the trip 3. Places to go/see for trekking, relaxing and partying 4. best ways to go ie. highway or not highway, deviations ect If it is advice that you can offer please consider a one month time frame and a budget of about $50 USD per-day Thanks for your eyes and words ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,977 times, with no replies.

Halong Bay Tour

Posted by suzienichols on 4/12/2011 at 05:29

Help please in choosing a Halong Bay Tour. I'm currently planning a Vietnam Cambodia trip for 2013 and am looking to book a 2 day/ 1 night trip to Halong Bay. I've done some research so far- internet/ Trip advisor but am still no closer to choosing a trip! Some of the packages seem extremely expensive for Vietnam. I'm not particularly looking for top end/ luxury. I just just want something that is clean, with decent food and is not going to rip us off! For the rest of our trip we will use mid ra ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,572 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by swag on 7/12/2011 at 16:11

Traffic in Vietnam

Posted by daawgon on 26/11/2011 at 00:42

Anyone considering driving or cycling in Vietnam would do well to read this article, A Matter of Mindset ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,777 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 6/12/2011 at 08:30

14 days Itinerary to Vietnam assistance

Posted by anna2922 on 5/6/2011 at 01:24

Hi all, We are a couple intending to visit Vietnam for 2 weeks during end of August to September 2011 I though about the following track, I would like to receive any feedbacks/suggestions any usefull information 21/08 - Landing in Hanoi - overnight at Hanoi ( m/p Hanoi elite hotel) 22/08 - Trip to Halong bay m/p with Dragon's pearl ( if they actually response my email) 23/08 - Halong bay 24/08 -Halong bay --> back to Hanoi here I have a question ??? Overnight at Hanoi or take the night trai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,511 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by chinarocks on 6/12/2011 at 08:29

A note to Vietnam-based businesses being banned

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/12/2011 at 20:54

Hi, Here at Travelfish.org we know it is December because there is a deluge of new spam from Vietnam (primarily Hanoi and Hue) from Vietnam-based mostly travel agents, spruiking their wares. You're not welcome here. This post is just to save myself the trouble of replying to the dozen or so I've banned already in the last few days. If you are a Vietnam-based travel agent, planning to suggest your services, you are not welcome on Travelfish.org. That is all. We suggest you go post on Thorn ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,642 times, with no replies.

Travel from Hoi An to Siem Reap

Posted by Patrickx8 on 28/8/2008 at 12:00

What is the easiest way to get from Hoi An to Siem Reap during January? I am assuming there is a place to cross into Laos and then into Cambodia? What do you suggest? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 13,821 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Phiddy on 5/12/2011 at 10:56

Vietnam travel

Posted by ddoherty49 on 21/11/2011 at 11:51

Hi I am traveling from Hanoi to HCMC in early April 2012 and have four days to do it, any suggestions how and where would be appreciated as i want to see as much as possible ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,052 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 4/12/2011 at 00:55

32 days in Vietnam and Cambodia, our travel itinerary

Posted by KevandJho on 5/10/2011 at 09:24

My wife and I will land in HCMC on December 20th to begin a 32 day Vietnam/Cambodia vacation,most likely spending 16 days in each country. After much deliberation and asking tons of questions from other travelers, here is our itinerary. VIETNAM 2 full days in HCMC, which will include a city tour, then fly to..... Dong hoi for a 4 day stay at the " Phong Nha farmstay" already booked,in Phong Nha area Then bus (or train) to...... 2-3 day stay in Hoi An, with a night in H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,115 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by KevandJho on 3/12/2011 at 22:21

Vietnam to Thailand?

Posted by niceoneman on 2/12/2011 at 21:28

Can anyone help me with this question? I have read a few posts which are outdated. I am looking for the best/fastest way to get from Vietnam to Thailand? I am looking at ground travel as flights are a little$$ I am flying in from Canada and staying for 3-4 day and of to Thailand after that. Going to fly into Hanoi..thanks so much ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,676 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by oasisbarhatien on 2/12/2011 at 22:36

Hanoi to Siem Reap

Posted by backpacker21 on 25/11/2011 at 04:44

Hi, may I know if there's a way to Siem Reap from Hanoi ? What's the travel time? If there's none, can you please give me some insights on how we can maximize our time? We only have 7 days to explore Hanoi (Halong Bay) and Cambodia (Siem Reap). Our IT would be Saigon-Hanoi-Cambodia -Saigon. In base is Saigon. Plan to spend just a night there before flying back to the Philippines. Thanks for your help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,625 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by backpacker21 on 1/12/2011 at 05:25

Advice for Accommodation in Hoi An

Posted by thewanderer on 29/11/2011 at 11:45

Hi Guys, Me and my girlfriend are currently enjoying Ho Chi Minh. We're heading up to Hoi An in a couple of days, staying one night in Da Nang first. For the first time ever, I'm really struggling to find a good place to stay. Can anyone recommend somewhere nice in Hoi An? Everywhere seems to be out of town and all the hostels seem pretty boring with not much going on. We would really appreciate any information anyone has! Oh, and we are budget backpackers...so please keep that in mind wh ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,042 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by thewanderer on 1/12/2011 at 02:24

Phu Quoc to Can Tho in Dec.

Posted by profpace on 27/11/2011 at 19:30

As a 1st-time traveler to Vietnam, I'm needing advice. I plan to take the ferry from Phu Quoc to Rach Gia (no flights this day leaving the island). I then need to get a bus to Can Tho. Anyone know how to get from the ferry to bus station in Rach Gia, and how to get a schedule to travel on to Can Tho? Any advice would be helpful! Thank so much. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,864 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by THEIBC on 30/11/2011 at 16:15

Sleeping on Cat Ba Island, Quang Duc Family Hotel

Posted by Pjotra on 30/11/2011 at 01:22

Mind! The Quang Duc Family Hotel does not exist anymore! Torn down like so,many others. So, please remove from the site. Same goes for le Hotel du Commerce in Haiphong, now a parkinglot ( LP advised hotel) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,465 times, with no replies.

Tourists Beware

Posted by SeaninHanoi on 27/11/2011 at 21:12

I have been travelling around Vietnam for 4 months and have even been given the chance to write about my experiences for a local magazine. Some tour groups are bad. They will charge whatever they want and if you query it, they will insult you and tell you to leave Vietnam. Kim Tours is one. Sinh Tours seems to be everywhere and it is impossible to tell which is the real one! Be careful and only use their official website. Most hotels will book your a trip but be careful, Sapa is easily done ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,193 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 29/11/2011 at 23:26

HCMC-Hanoi via Cambodia/Laos

Posted by ugogrrrl on 26/11/2011 at 14:39

I am flying into HCMC at the end of January 2012 and flying out of Hanoi a month later. I was planning on traveling through Vietnam but was thinking it might be fun to go throughCambodia/Laos and skip the middle of Vietnam. I am a solo female in my 40's. Has anyone traveled this route before? Can you recommend a route/places to visit in Cambodia/Laos (besides the obvious ones)? I have been to Thailand before so I could skip that country. I am more interested in trekking/beach/village experiences ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,674 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Panorama Trip 10 days

Posted by Huetourist1 on 25/11/2011 at 21:20

Hello everyone, Huetourist is having a promotion program to Vietnam. Panorama Trip 10days. Please contact them to have details if you have any interest. http://www.huetouristvietnam.com/index.php/322/185/Vietnam%20Panorama Wishing you a nice trip! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,773 times, with no replies.

Vietnam Beaches to the North in Nov

Posted by melmoore on 26/10/2011 at 23:05

Hi all, I'm traveling alone through Vietnam in November. I wanted to hit up the beaches from Miu Ne up the coast, then fly to Hanoi. Anyone have and tips? Is this safe for am American female to do alone? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,412 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by johnkazy on 25/11/2011 at 04:29

Wildlife at Risk (WAR) in Vietnam

Posted by DCM on 23/11/2011 at 02:08

Hello, I have tried to search the forum and site but haven't had any luck finding info on the Wildlife Rescue Center in Vietnam. Have you been there? If so, could you please provide some feedback on your experience of the place? Easy to get to? Good cause to support/visit? Did you see much wildlife or get to help/or interact? Thank you for any info. David PS - I volunteered last year at the Elephant Nature Park in Thailand for 7 days and had a great time. Was looking for something somewha ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,310 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by TSTVietNam on 25/11/2011 at 03:05

4 weeks in Vietnam- NEED HELP!

Posted by juniordart23 on 21/11/2011 at 01:51

Saturday 24th Dec Fly from Melbourne to Ho Chi minh Sunday 25th Dec Ho Chi Minh Monday 26th Dec Ho Chi Minh Tuesday 27th Dec Mekong Delta/can Tho Wednesday 28th Dec Mekong Delta/can Tho/ maybe Vinh Long Thursday 29th Dec Mekong Delta /Can tho Friday 30th Dec Back from Can Tho to HCMC Ho Chi Minhà fly to con dao island, arrive 2pm Saturday 31st Dec Con dao island Sunday 1st January Con dao island Monday 2nd January Fly back to HCMC, 2pm stay in HCMC Tuesday 3rd January Trav ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,309 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by altmtl on 22/11/2011 at 11:12

Best way to reach Vietnam

Posted by renald on 21/11/2011 at 03:01

Hi..... One of our relatives are planning to go for Vietnam next month with their family and 2 children of age 5 and 9. They are unaware of the ways to reach, what to explore, where to stay, cost of trip, climatic conditions... Please if anybody experienced personally to Vietnam help here with valuable sharings and suggest how to make a perfect trip there. Thanks in advance for helpful replies..... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,149 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by renald on 22/11/2011 at 04:23

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page