Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Multiple Little Hanoi Hotels?

Posted by morgiane on 22/7/2011 at 04:42

Hi all, I'm planning a trip for the end of the year to Vietnam and was looking at Little Hanoi Hotel as a place to stay. However, in google searches i'm coming up with multiple Little Hanoi Hotels. Am I right in thinking there are copycats leveraging the original Little Hanoi Hotel name? I see two websites: http://littlehanoihostel.com and http://littlehanoihotel.com (And is the recommended one the one located at 48 Hang ga street?) Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,504 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by morgiane on 11/8/2011 at 01:11

Avoid saigon hotel -Thai Nhi mini hotel

Posted by allatsea3 on 4/5/2009 at 13:50

surly rude obnoxious staff especially if you use their internet supposed to be for guests deliberately belching and callng out to distract. refused to give clean towels and soap .AVOID ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,566 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by hussejane on 10/8/2011 at 12:21

Travel agent

Posted by sagemode on 17/7/2011 at 21:33

Hi, Can anyone recommend good travel agent that does Halong Bay and Sapa tours? I will be going to Hanoi in August. Can anyone advise me on the weather in Hanoi and Sapa during this period. Also do I have to bring a thick jacket in sapa? Thanks Melvin ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 91,557 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Rubixx on 8/8/2011 at 20:43

How to get my Vietnam visa?

Posted by chicoelnino on 21/7/2011 at 22:49

Hey, I'm currently travelling around SE Asia and will be heading into Vietnam overland from Laos sometime around Oct. I was wondering how do I get my visa sorted before I enter Vietnam? Can I go into the embassy in Bangkok(I'll be there in a few weeks) and get it sorted? If so, then am I committed to entering Vietnam on a certain date? How long does it take to get the visa if I apply for it in person in Bangkok? Thanks for any help on this matter. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,765 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vietnamrum on 6/8/2011 at 11:18

Laptops , do many people take them?

Posted by laallee on 30/5/2009 at 22:13

we are travelling for 4 weeks and incredibly or not! we are reliant on my laptop for internet banking, emailing, addresses etc. any advice on travelling with the thing, should they be carried in your hand baggage? any tips are welcome as we have never "needed" to take one before. thanks, lee. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 26,564 times, with 56 replies. Last reply by GentleGiant on 2/8/2011 at 11:38

Vietnam Border Run or Visa Extension?

Posted by AGRO on 27/7/2011 at 01:05

We will be arriving in Vietnam overland from Cambodia. I am Canadian and will be getting my Visa in Sihaunikville. My partner is Filipino and therefore does not require a Visa. She will be stamped 21 days. Since I'm allowed 30 days and she's allowed 21 days. We were hoping to stay at least 30 days, if not more. So we're wondering if we're allowed to extend our Visa's in Ho Chi Minh or even preferably Nha Trang. Or do we have to do a border run back into Cambodia? If a border run is the only ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,599 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by GentleGiant on 2/8/2011 at 11:24

Sigon Post Office

Posted by dcuhel on 4/6/2007 at 10:53

Can someone tell me about the HCM City Post office. Is it Reliable???? Is it Quick?? How much would a 1 Kilo package to the USA be??? Thanks for any help. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,249 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by ngoaisongmuabay on 1/8/2011 at 13:45

Iphone 4 micro sim in Vietnam?

Posted by Fattymac on 29/7/2011 at 11:25

Just wondering whether anyone has managed to take their iphone 4 to Vietnam and use a local carrier who could provide the micro sim card. Otherwise I'll just take my 3GS which takes the normal sized sim.... Can anyone let me know one way or the other? I take it they have Iphone 4 there?? Thanks, Fatty ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,228 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Fattymac on 1/8/2011 at 03:18

Hoi An & Hue

Posted by krestniy on 26/7/2011 at 05:58

Hi everyone. We have 20 days to explore Northern and Central Vietnam. In your opinion, how many days should be spend in Hoi An and Hue each? We were planning 2 full days in Hoi An (including 1 day to visit My Son ruins) and 1 full day in Hue. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,782 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MotHaiBa on 31/7/2011 at 08:43

Mai Chau or Lake Ba Be?

Posted by krestniy on 27/7/2011 at 13:53

Hi everyone, Given our schedule and limited time, which of the following in northern Vietnam would be a shame to miss: -Mai Chau? -Lake Ba be (perhaps a 4-day Northeast loop tour that Handspan has)? -Tam Coc/Coc Phuang Nat park? (maybe can be done as daytrips from Hanoi) If you have any preferences, please let me know how many days I should allocate to the place as well. Thank you! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,399 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 30/7/2011 at 13:58

National Day, Sep 2

Posted by Cerritos on 30/7/2011 at 00:53

I will be in Hanoi on Sept 2, the Vietnam National day. Assume it is similar to the US 4th of July. Are there any events/parades/displays worth attending? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,315 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 30/7/2011 at 13:44

Buddhist retreat/ meditation group in Vietnam

Posted by malthoff on 13/9/2008 at 11:47

Just wondering if anybody knows of any kind of meditation retreats, meditation groups, etc. in Vietnam. Do any of the monasteries do activities for non-Vietnamese? And yes, it would need to be in English (or German). Any pointers would be much appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 18,923 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by haivanvietnam on 29/7/2011 at 10:34

Airport pick-up by a hotel

Posted by kyuyori on 23/5/2011 at 06:34

Hey guys. I'll be traveling in Vietnam in June and booked an inexpensive hotel in the Old Quarter. They offered to pick me up at the airport for $20 USD (5-seat vehicle) or $25 (7-seat vehicle), as there are many scams at the airport and this would be safe and convenient. Looking around, this fare sounds rather steep and I was wondering if taking a No.17 bus and using any other method of transportation would be more prudent. Any advice would be much appreciated. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,872 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 28/7/2011 at 14:11

Travel from Vietnam to Singapore

Posted by lloray on 19/7/2011 at 00:34

Hello, What is the best way to travel from Vietnam to Singapore? are there any ferrys etc? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,651 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by rayee on 28/7/2011 at 00:20

transport Nha trang to hoi an

Posted by christine1423 on 27/7/2011 at 03:27

hi all, We are planning on staying in Nha Trang for 4 nights and then taking the train to Hoi An . The best schedule by train ii think is SE6 depart 20:18 and arrive 05:38 ? would we be able to get from danang to Hoi An this early time in the morning? If not is there anything we can do in Danang this early? The alternative would be to get the Sinh tourist open bus which i believe is fairly comfortable and goes direct. what would you folks suggest from past experience. thank you Chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,584 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by VNJeepTours on 27/7/2011 at 15:44

hue to hanoi on sleeper 'vip' train

Posted by splashtree on 14/9/2009 at 18:11

as per title, looking to get from hue to hanoi. heard some good things about and overnight train but cant find anything about on web. anyone any ideas? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 16,651 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by Rasheeed on 26/7/2011 at 11:04

Can Cou or Bac Ha Market?

Posted by Tessie on 19/7/2011 at 19:25

Hi All, My husband & I will be travelling to Lao Cai Province in Vietnam in January. It has been suggested to us that we might want to skip Bac Ha Markets in favour of the smaller & less 'touristy' Can Cou markets. Has anybody been to either or both? Which did you prefer? While we are not overly adventurous, we do like to get off the tourist track a little. Happy to hear any honest opinions & suggestions you may have. Thanks Tessie ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,821 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by chick05 on 25/7/2011 at 23:40

Sleeper Train from HCMC to Nha Trang

Posted by tayls on 8/2/2009 at 15:47

I am planing on using a night train to get from HCMC to Nha Trang to save some time and cash. I cannot access the Vietnam Rail website's timetable page. Having been to seat61.co.uk it looks like the best option (time wise)is to use the TN10 train however it is suggested that this train only runs every 2nd night. Does anyone know if it runs on set nights during the week or if I could find out what dates it runs? Has anyone used this service and is it clean, reliable, etc... (heard the t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,429 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by violets on 25/7/2011 at 07:59

Haircut in HCMC

Posted by Randy on 6/2/2011 at 02:30

...To me, every trip into vn, one of my "habits" is...HairCut in Vietnam. Compared to Western environments, I couldn't find NOWHERE would give you a better, detail haircut services...and...as CHEAP as in Vietnam. In fact, every trip in vn, I visited barbershops every...10 days. There, you can relax or even nap on the chair(which sometimes I did) while the barber carefully trims your hair the way you want, listen to music...the way you want if you don't want to listen to...their Vietnam ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,956 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by riverspot on 24/7/2011 at 04:25

Halong Bay:Oriental Sail/Tropical Sails or Columbus Travel?

Posted by noakess on 10/6/2010 at 00:20

Hi, I'm looking for 2 day/1 night tour of Halong Bay. don't mind paying a little extra - for nice food/cabin/guideā€¦ have contacted these 3 (after reading travelfish/tripadvisor forums)- all replied within 24 hours and all offer similar tours. 1. Oriental Sails/Calypso Cruiser 2 Tropical Sails (Dragon's Pearl or Lagoon Explorer 3. Columbus Travel - Pinta cruiser (Pint Gold has retired) Can anyone recommend one of th e3? plan to go around Nov 2oth 2010. We are a 30 year old couple. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,737 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by Kama on 23/7/2011 at 05:09

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page