Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Looking to buy 2 motorcycles in HCMC (Saigon) Vietnam

Posted by douluvme49 on 1/6/2011 at 19:25

My boyfriend and I are in Ho Chi Minh City right now (June 1) and looking to buy 2 motorcycles to ride up to Hanoi. If anyone is selling any please contact me. Preferably semi automatic, and with all the paperwork and ID cards. My email is kristinj09@gmail.com Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,426 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by douluvme49 on 5/6/2011 at 20:12

Nha Trang Boat trip?

Posted by lachiec on 5/6/2011 at 13:52

Hey, from what ive read the island boat tours in Nha Trang seem to be the thing to do. I was wondering if anyone has done one of these lately? This site and lonely planet both recommend Mama Linh but the articles are a few years old. A lot of feedback seems to say that these tours have gone downhill and ive read a few bad reviews of mama linh's tour. So yeh, any recent experiences with good tour operators would be greatly appreciated thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,391 times, with no replies.

Nha Trang or Sihanoukville

Posted by lachiec on 26/5/2011 at 16:39

Hey guys, Anyone have any recommendations on where to spend more time: Koh Rong/Sihanoukville or Nha Trang/surrounding area?? Will be there in July and want to spend a week at the beach. Cheerrrs ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,382 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by lachiec on 5/6/2011 at 13:27

Motor Bikes

Posted by daniel4 on 3/6/2011 at 19:09

Ahmmm! Silly question, but do you need a bike license in Vietnam? If you don't have one, can you use your car driving license? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,646 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 5/6/2011 at 10:59

Vietnam and Thailand in 32 days - please check my itinerary and comment :)

Posted by prankmonkey on 9/2/2010 at 18:20

Dear SE Asia travellers, My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Vietnam and Thailand, arriving in HCMC on the evening of 8 July and returning home from Bangkok on 8 August. I've put together an itinerary and would be very grateful if some experienced travellers could cast their eye over it. Recommendations, suggestions, changes would be greatly appreciated. We've included a few internal flights to save time. Here we go... Day 1 - HCMC Day 2 - HCMC Day 3 - HCMC (day trip to tunnels) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,382 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by francesstella on 3/6/2011 at 20:47

2 motorbikes for sale in Hanoi!!

Posted by hayoub86 on 3/6/2011 at 17:01

Hello, If you're planning to adventure the fascinating Ho Chi Minh trail from Hanoi to HCMC/Saigon, we have two Honda's ready to go on this priceless excursion! For any info just reply to this thread.. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,642 times, with no replies.

Pho joints in Saigon - Update (and a comment on weasel poop coffee)

Posted by amazon_blonde on 8/3/2009 at 20:42

Just a little update to the noodle soup places listed in the Food & Drink section for Saigon, based on what I've found in the last few days ... Bun Bo Xu (listed at 4A Tran Hung Dao) is no longer there - the location is a bubble tea shop. But 3A3 Bun Bo Hue now has an outlet at 99 Pham Ngu Lao. A bowl of BBH Bo Tai is now about 26,000 dong. There are now at least 3 Pho 24 outlets near Ben Thanh market - one on the east side and one on the west side. But the pho is pricey, a bowl is now 3 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,819 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by brucemoon on 2/6/2011 at 19:02

Resort in Ha Long - Cat ba

Posted by Donal01 on 22/7/2010 at 14:24

Hi, My wife and I would like book Ha Long - cat ba ( 3days/2nights). overnight on Boat and resort. but my budget about : 90 - 150USD/person. Who can recommend to us? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,737 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svendj on 2/6/2011 at 17:31

Hanoi to Hong Kong

Posted by daniel4 on 1/6/2011 at 22:41

Hey everyone - I'm new to this forum and have really been impressed with the shared wealth and experience that people here have to offer. With this in mind, I was wondering whether anyone knows of the cheapest way to get from Hanoi to Hong Kong (no train )? What cheap airlines would you use? I'm traveling in the first week of August? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,283 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by caseyprich on 2/6/2011 at 06:50

Hoian Stay

Posted by gatvietnam on 24/5/2011 at 15:26

What would we do if Hoian rained in our holidays? Go to somewhere else? Or .. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,569 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by sk3 on 1/6/2011 at 18:05

eating snake in vietnam

Posted by moxy43 on 21/8/2007 at 03:13

My son and I are going to Vietnam in the spring, and has this thing in his head about eating snake hearts and drinking the blood to increase his sex life. dose anybody now whare you can do this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 14,103 times, with 18 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 1/6/2011 at 14:06

Ho Chi Minh City accommodation

Posted by markharrison on 24/5/2011 at 12:25

Am hoping to travel to Ho Chi Minh City for a 3-4 night stay with my family in January next year. I could do with some advice in regard to family friendly accommodation (I have a wife and three teenage daughters). Am looking for accommodation that is relatively central, not overly expensive (and a pool would be a nice bonus)! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,800 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by markharrison on 1/6/2011 at 11:39

Vietnam Hotel,Flight and Location Guide

Posted by koala4u on 5/12/2008 at 09:02

I have travelled to Vietnam several times and have Vietnamese foster family,my Sis is in HCMC. Even for me though it is a headache to locate where hotels are and where street locations are? I am leaving for Vietnam this saturday for 5 weeks,and have found travelfish very helpful,so I join to help others if I can? 1. Finally found a way to locate addresses in Vietnam and hotel locations,and in English..^_* My Sis finally cracked it..it is called www.diadiem.com,a Vietnamese 'Melways' so to spe ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,500 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MsMalika on 31/5/2011 at 15:29

easy riding: warnings and recommendations

Posted by maria_s on 8/12/2009 at 13:08

when I was in dalat, I wanted to take an easy rider-trip to saigon via mui ne, and looked for the riders on a sunny afternoon. I walked into the "hangout cafe" because travelfish told me to do so :) there was nobody inside (bad sign) so I asked the barkeeper and he called a guy who showed up some minutes after that. his name was tuan and he spoke excellent english and seemed to know a lot of stuff. we chatted about possible routes and it seemed that anything is possible, and when I asked him, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 10,465 times, with 11 replies. Last reply by MsMalika on 31/5/2011 at 15:23

Sapa trip

Posted by jane101 on 30/5/2011 at 11:53

Hey, I have just moved to Hanoi and want to go to Sapa for a long weekend. I don't really want to do an organised tour so I have a few questions. How do I get a sleeper train ticket?. They all seem to be sold through travel agencies and hotels.Is there a Vietnamese trains website where I can buy one? What class sleeper would you recommend? I want comfort and cleanliness but I don't need luxury Is it easy to get from Lau Cai to Sapa? How much should I expect to pay? Is it in fact better/ che ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,988 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by gatvietnam on 30/5/2011 at 20:29

Dong Hoi to Hue 2 day tour - Any tips

Posted by ellco65 on 9/5/2011 at 10:26

Intend arriving in Dong Hoi at 9.51pm on TN1, check into guest house Ngoc Lan. Looking into private tour for 2 days with English speaking driver taking in on Day1 Phong Nha Cave back to hotel ( have been recommend sun spa resort?) Day 2 pick up from hotel Khe Saah Combat base, Vinh Moc tunnels, Hien luong bridge and Ben Hai River dropped off at Hue that afternoon. WHAT SORT OF COST SHOULD I EXPECT ( any ideas ) (family of six older children) Quoted 350 USD. incluldes van, driver, accommo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,083 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by gatvietnam on 29/5/2011 at 18:14

Vietnam - where to go?

Posted by daviddwilly on 17/12/2010 at 08:12

Hi, we are travelling to Vietnam in May and arrive in Hanoi on the 15th and then fly out of Hi Chi Minh (Saigon) on the 16th of June. We are thinking of using the train to see most of Vietnam, heading to Sa Pa (Sapa) first then back to Hanoi and then down to Ho Chi Minh. Was just wondering if this is a good route and if anybody can recommend places to get off/stay and visit whilst there? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,409 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by gatvietnam on 28/5/2011 at 23:39

Hanoi hostel recommendations anyone?

Posted by shoestringer on 21/3/2011 at 01:52

Hello all I arrive in hanoi on the 6th of april for my four month trip, can anyone vouch for any hostels in the old qtr? im going to be travelling on a pretty tight budget, but i dont mind spending a little more thyan normal for the first week. i have in my budget around 8-10$ us for accomodation. looking for a clean hostel no more than $14 (cheaqper the better!) Thankyou. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,234 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by yongin85 on 28/5/2011 at 16:08

Flight Advice

Posted by melee75 on 26/5/2011 at 01:23

I plan on going to SE Asia for 10 weeks starting mid June from the US. I have decided to take the route listed here on this site for Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand. The only thing is that I plan to start in Hanoi and end in Bangkok (after visiting the south Thailand beach islands). I have decided to take the following route, although not the exact timeline. http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/thailand-indochina-tour1 My questions for all the seasoned veterans out there is this: Should ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,901 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Thomas922 on 28/5/2011 at 11:36

Accom HCMC (Saigon)

Posted by carmcla on 12/5/2011 at 06:27

Hey there! I will be arriving into HCMC on the 4th of July, I was just wondering if any one knew of decent enough accom for around 10$ a night for a double room. Not looking for anything fancy just clean and close to things! Thanks for any help ye can give. Getting excited now!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,740 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 27/5/2011 at 19:20

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page