Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Best Advice For rekking in Sapa

Posted by eoinfitz on 21/4/2007 at 09:39

Hey There Can anyone let us know a reliable and fairly priced trip around sapa? Quoted $90 per person for a group of 4. That was 3 nights 2 days. Any ideas how much a guide should cost if we get the train independently? Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,387 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by madde22 on 8/7/2011 at 16:30

2 weeks in Vietnam!! advice needed

Posted by DeviouslySweet on 3/7/2011 at 19:57

Hi, I'm going travelling alone to Vietnam in Sep(or the beginning of Oct), and I'm only going to be able to spend 2 weeks there. I'm thinking of flying into Hanoi(2nights) and then travelling Sapa(1) -> Hue(1) -> Hoi An(1) -> Da Lat(2) -> Nha Trang(3) and Ho Chi Minh(2). How does this plan sound to you? I’m not sure if it’s better to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi. + Any recommendations for a day trip in Ho Chi Minh and Nha Trang? I know it’s a little early to plan for Sep, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,116 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Rasheeed on 8/7/2011 at 16:02

I have Vietnamese Money In Vancouver.

Posted by baminem on 14/6/2011 at 08:37

I unfortunately took 1.1 million dong out of Vietnam, and it appears I'm stuck with it. If anyone is around Vancouver B.C and heading to Vietnam, I would like to do an exchange. I have lots of small bills which are very handy, no one likes the 100,000's Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,300 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by baminem on 8/7/2011 at 11:03

motorbiking Vietnam: June/July

Posted by vanbors on 28/6/2011 at 13:51

Hey guys, I'm a 25yo guy from the US, currently (as of June 28) in Saigon with my motorbike. I want to bike up to the North starting in a couple days or in July and was wondering if there's anyone else out there doing the same - I'd love to have some company! Definitely want to experience as much of the country as possible - the mountains, beaches, nightlife, etc. Feel free to get in touch, or if you're simply in Saigon now let's meet for a couple drinks! Mike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,054 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by burnthisnow on 8/7/2011 at 10:02

Hanoi Airport \

Posted by Faterocky on 7/7/2011 at 23:09

Arrived at Hanoi Airport today and somehow, after travelling around South East Asia many times and should have been knowing better, but being tired and keen to get to our hostel, we found ourselves in an unmarked "Taxi" after a man in the Terminal building flashed us a "License" without getting even a vauge idea of the cost before hand - Stupid but surprisingly easy mistake when your tired and let your guard down for a moment around these "Taxi" guys. So as w ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,497 times, with no replies.

Vietnam - a 60 day itinerary - comments

Posted by kandpfishos on 9/6/2011 at 20:06

G’Day We will bein SE Asia later this year, and into Vietnam in 2012. We would appreciate your comments and fine-tuning of our itinerary for the Vietnam component of the trip. We are two mid/late-60’s Australian blokes, accustomed to independent travel and each other (we have lived and travelled together for over 35 years – so we know each others foibles and habits too well!) We will be entering into VN at Ha Noi on February 20 2012. We leave Australia in September 2011 and by our VN t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,791 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by pledlek on 7/7/2011 at 17:02

travelling to Vietnam for the second time

Posted by domb on 4/7/2011 at 11:16

Hi, I'm planning on travelling to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam soon, it will be my second time in Vietnam, during my time there, i visited Ho Chi Minh, did a family stay on the Meekong Delta, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, Hue, Sapa, Nha Trang and Hoi An (i'm pretty sure thats all the places from what i remember) There are a few places i wouldn't mind returning to (Hoi An, Meekong Delta) however i was just wondering if i could get any advice on places i missed the first time that are worth ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,817 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by domb on 7/7/2011 at 16:30

How to get from Dong Hoi to Hue

Posted by michbabyy on 4/7/2011 at 22:58

Hi. I have been doing my research on getting from Dong Hoi to Hue but I have not be able to to get anything. Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,321 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by michbabyy on 7/7/2011 at 16:24

Christmas, phu quoc or sihanoukville?!?

Posted by Dancharles100 on 6/7/2011 at 19:49

I was just wondering what every1's suggestions would be for spending Christmas in Asia. I've narrowed it down to 2 places. Sihanoukville or phu quoc island. I want good places to eat and nightlife. But the beaches to be relatively quiet during the day. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Dan. X ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,624 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by Dancharles100 on 6/7/2011 at 21:48

Minsk motorbike for sale

Posted by AntonenLieve on 30/6/2011 at 18:33

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/225/dsc00309a.jpg/ Unfortunately our time in Vietnam is almost through and therefore we have to sell our motorbike. We thought of shipping it but that's to much of a hassle.. Anyway we're selling a Minsk motorbike, very strong and very reliable. We bought it for $400,- in Saigon with everthing included; -mechanical check by the minsk garage in Saigon -official documents -insurance for the motorbike and third parties (in case of accidents) -two quality appr ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,523 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by AntonenLieve on 5/7/2011 at 18:47

Ho Chi Minh to Siem Reap

Posted by MrTurkle on 2/7/2011 at 21:58

We are going to be in HCMC on 29/30 of AUG and will heading to Siem Reap after that. We fly from SR to Ko Samui on 3Sept, so we have 5 days after we check out of HCMC to get to Siem Reap and see the Ruins. We know that flying from HCMC is an option, but thought since we have some extra travel time we could do something more fun. Has anyone taken a boat up the Mekong River? Or is flying our best bet? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,831 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by vuongha on 3/7/2011 at 11:25

River cruise Saigon to Phnom Penh/Siem Reap

Posted by amarie on 3/7/2011 at 00:02

Hello, In order to get from Saigon to Phnom Penh , is it best to hire a cruise or to do the trip myself? I was leaning towards taking my own trip but am wondering if anyone could give the details of how to take on the endeavor. I was thinking one night in Can Tho, another in Chau Doc, and finally moving my way up to Phnom Penh. Would anyone recommend this route and if so, what boats would be best to take? Is this route rather easy to complete? Finally, on route to Phnom Penh - Siem Reap, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,570 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by fox80 on 3/7/2011 at 10:01

Anyone use Ocean Tours for Halong trip?

Posted by amarie on 2/7/2011 at 23:52

Hello, I've been heavily researching which junk to take around Halong Bay. Ocean Tours seems legit and also has a good price at around 200 for 2 nights/3days. Has anyone traveled with this company to Halong before? If so, could you share your experiences and what cruise you thought worthwhile? Thank you in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,195 times, with no replies.

Gettin prescription glasses in Hanoi

Posted by CRASHT1224 on 21/3/2010 at 10:18

Hello, Ill be travelling to Hanoi next month. Im hoping to get aq pair of prescription sunglasses once I get there to protect my eyes. Is that a bad idea? Should I get them in the states/ Glasses are so expensive in NY.. was hoping to save some bucks in Vietnam. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,527 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by ethanhunt3055 on 2/7/2011 at 17:08

easyvietnamtravel - any gos?

Posted by tandanus on 2/7/2011 at 14:25

Hi there, We are looking at spending about 17 days in Cambodia and Vietnam in October starting in Hanoi and ending in Siem Reap. A company called easyvietnamtravel (also called Footstep travel and easy[insert country name]travel) put together a good itinerary for us, but noone on the web forums seems to have heard of them - which makes me a bit suspicious. Has anyone here heard of them? Also the Vega-Travel in 24a Hang Bac, Hoàn Kiếm, (Vega-Travel.com) - is that the one people recom ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,250 times, with no replies.

Travel Adaptors

Posted by daniel4 on 27/6/2011 at 05:48

Hey folks, I'm traveling from the UK and bringing the usual Ipod with me. Just wondering what is the best travel adaptor to use and whether I also need to bring a voltage converter with me? Many thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,636 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by daniel4 on 1/7/2011 at 15:15

Hanoi to Saigon, URGENT!

Posted by superlaur on 25/6/2011 at 11:04

Is it possible to take the train from Hanoi to Saigon direct (i.e not hop on hop off?) im planning on going from saigon and travel north but need to get back down for a flight in saigon and the internal flights are mega expencive. if so how long would it take? Im in Cambodia atm so going north to south makes sense but as i say i need to get back down. help really appreciated as i need to arrange the visa asap thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,169 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by Rasheeed on 1/7/2011 at 09:39

Travel companion - Vietnam 22 June

Posted by m13at on 3/5/2011 at 22:31

hi guys I have been using this site to plan my trip to Vietnam Cambodia and Laos, i have seen lots of posts about people after travel buddies but their dates dont seem to match, so was wondering if anyone is doing a similar trip from around late june I arrive in Hanoi Vietnam on 22 June 11, i am doing the usual route down stopping in various places such ha long bay, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Da Lat and HCMC before heading into cambodia. PM me if anyone is interested in meeting up to do part ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,982 times, with 12 replies. Last reply by m13at on 30/6/2011 at 20:12

Honda win for sale Ho Chi Minh

Posted by JBG252 on 28/6/2011 at 23:59

Honda win for sale. Will be in Ho Chi Minh from approx. The 4th of July. Driving South from Hanoi at the moment, has been a great experience. Bike has a bag rack extension for back pack. Fits my 100 litre back pack easily. Will include full face helmet with bike for 360$. Have ownership license with bike and a rain jacket, that comes in handy if you get caught in some monsoon rain. Email me or contact me on [url=tel:0169]0169 7603698[/url]. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,205 times, with no replies.

Two semi-automatic motorbikes for sale in Hanoi!

Posted by wrighty on 28/6/2011 at 14:33

Hello! I am in Hanoi till Sunday 3rd July and have two great motorbikes to sell. Do you want to go on an adventure? Do you want to REALLY see and experience Vietnam?! Then travelling by motorbike is definitely the answer. ***Bike 1: http://img638.imageshack.us/i/photo1lt.jpg/ - Turquoise Honda Wave (110cc) - $350 (or best offer) - Price includes good helmet (with vizor), bungee chords for luggage, waterproof rain poncho, waterproof bag covers - Has lots of new parts including chain, sprocket ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,281 times, with no replies.

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page