Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Drive/Fly From Ha Noi to Dien Bien

Posted by anhluc on 24/7/2009 at 23:25

Had planned to drive from Dien Bien to Sa Pa, but my wife wants a different route for exploring as we have already been to Sa Pa, and the road is passable, but not so comfortable. So, I'm thinking of flying from Ha Noi to Dien Bien and driving back or vice versa. Anyone have some experience with this route i.e. road conditions, travel time, layover points etc. It looks as if Mai Chau would be a good layover point, but is it on the more popular and most convenient route to get to Dien ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,787 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by baylyst on 1/12/2010 at 17:38

Vietnam & Cambodia in 9 days. Which direction and How? SR - PP - HCM - Hanoi

Posted by happyhipp0 on 30/11/2010 at 16:45

Hi, We are planning a 9 day trip to vietnam and cambodia, and would LOVE to help in the planning? 1. What direction shall we travel in (flying in from KL)? Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh city / Saigon - Phnom Penh - Siem Reap or reverse? (i.e. NORTH to SOUTH or SOUTH to NORTH) or would people recommend an alternative route? 2. How do we get between the different places? plane, train or bus? 3. I know its not long enough for a thorough visit - but is 2 days in each place reasonable? Planning to leave a ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,610 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by 69bertie on 1/12/2010 at 14:10

Come back hometown on special occasion

Posted by onlybeu on 27/11/2010 at 11:39

I'm a overseas Vietnamese, I have gone farfrom my Vietnam hometown since childhood. Recently, I come back Vietnam, myhometown, on occasion of 1000 years Thanglong - Hanoi celebrate. It's a specialoccasion for overseas Vietnamese as me coming back hometown to reviewdevelopment of country. I and my friends (both overseas Vietnamese and foreign)set a team. We arrived in Vietnam on October 1st, meaned it's the first day ofcelebrate. Vietnam is really new and different from what I thought. It isn't ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,880 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 30/11/2010 at 17:09

Khanh Huyen hotel Catba Island

Posted by StuartG on 29/11/2010 at 04:08

Has anyone stayed at Khanh Huyen hotel, Catba Island. or know anything about the place? It's part of a KIM TOUR. Thanks, Stuart ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,233 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 30/11/2010 at 17:02

Great Tailor in Hoi An

Posted by averydka99 on 19/11/2010 at 07:56

Hello, Wanted to post my experience working with a small tailor in Hoi An. The name is T & C Cloth Shop at 14 Le Loi St. I got the recommendation from my hotel, the Nhi Trung. You will get a 10% discount if you mention the hotel referred you. I brought a copy of an athletic sleeveless shirt I wanted copied, and I choose a 2-layer wrap skirt from their selection. The bottom layer is silk, the top layer a gauzy, see-thru printed fabric I loved. I paid 20 for the shirt (of which she sewn in a s ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,999 times, with no replies.

Can Tho to Saigon day tour

Posted by dganitbz on 30/11/2010 at 03:09

HI We intend to start our tour to the Mekong delta in Chau doc and finish in Saigon. I understand that it is not difficult to DIY in Chau doc and Can Tho . The first day we will visit the major places of interest in Chau doc and at the end of the day depart to Can Tho. The next early morning-Cai Rang floating market and than , on the way to Saigon, we would like to stop in Ben Tre or My Tho and visit one of the traditional villages – all at the same day. I think the second day is going t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,611 times, with no replies.

2 honda bouns motorbikes for sale in Hanoi

Posted by deafkev81 on 28/11/2010 at 15:29

I have just arrived in Hanoi after a spectacular drive of veitnam from Saigon. I will need a quick sale our motorbikes as we have flights out of vietnam on the 5th The price is 400 dollars for each bike (price is negotiable).The bikes are in general good condition bikes will give you less problems than a minsk are also slightly more powerful and a easier and more comfortable to drive Also feel free to ask many any info about traveling by motorbike in vietnam E-mail: kevconway@gmail.com ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,155 times, with no replies.

HCMC to Dalat bus

Posted by villanovajunction on 4/11/2010 at 22:42

howdy, i found a company called sinh that has buses and all sorts of tours. i will be in HCMC from 27th Nov to the 6th of December and after some reading have decided to spend maybe 2 or 3 days in dalat. the bus is 6 hours and the flight is about 40 minutes . how is the bus ride? is it really bumpy like the vientiane to vang vieng bus? also, is it really 6 hours? i remember taking a bus from phnom penh to battambang and it took 11 hours and it was terrible cause they were blasting really loud mu ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,422 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by NoPlaceToBe on 28/11/2010 at 13:19

2 minsk motorbikes 4 sale

Posted by frank4 on 28/11/2010 at 12:56

hello, we sell 2 good and strong motorbikes for only 400 $ both or 250 one. we have made all Vietnam by motorbike, so we can give you good advices... we stay in Saigon, TP Ho Chi Minh. You`re interesting? call us, 00841258982521. motorbike with license paper, minsk 123 cm3 DISCOVERY VIETNAM BY MOTORBIKE, THE BEST THING TO DOO! You want see more then only the tourist sites? Buy it! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,752 times, with no replies.

Mekong Delta Itinerary

Posted by hayden1988 on 27/11/2010 at 14:33

I am planning on traveling from Kep in Cambodia to Saigon through the Mekong Delta and was after any advice on must see places on the way through and the best route to take. I have 2 - 3 nights to spend in the Mekong Delta. Thanks in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,952 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by caseyprich on 28/11/2010 at 09:53

Getting to Bac Ha

Posted by ltisme on 18/8/2010 at 13:37

Hi, we're trying to get to the Bac Ha market on Sunday morning by taking a night train from Hanoi. Our original plan was to arrive in Lao Cai and then try to get a bus or something to Bac Ha. However we've heard that this can be difficult, expensive and time consuming. We also read that it can be easier and quicker to get off the train at Pho Lu, the stop before Lao Cai on the train route, and proceed to Bac Ha from there. Does anyone have any experience with either of these routes that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,350 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by nickbrieger on 27/11/2010 at 14:21

Can you go from the Mekong Delta to Angkor wat?

Posted by jessicaf on 19/11/2010 at 12:49

Hi, I am trying to plan this trip and have all these places to go, but am having trouble with transportation in between cities? Also I have no idea the length of time in between places .. What is the best way to get from the Mekong Delta to Angkor Wat? Do you go through Phnom Penh? or some other city? Also do you stay in Angkor wat or stay in Siem Riep and do day trips there? Lastly, once in Cambodia, what is the fastest way to get to the islands of Ko Tau, Ko Samui, and Ko Pha Ngan? Than ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,122 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by jessicaf on 22/11/2010 at 17:20

Saigon to Mekong Delta?

Posted by Rcarriere on 21/11/2010 at 13:01

Hey Guys, Just wondering if anybody has advice on going to Mekong Delta from HCMC. I've been reading about taking a 1 or 2 day tour from the city..but I was wondering if it is something that I could do on my own without booking a tour. Also wondering whether 1 day is enough time in Mekong Delta or if I should expect to want to stay for 2-3 days before heading back to HCMC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,677 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by violets on 22/11/2010 at 10:49

4 weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos

Posted by adva on 18/11/2010 at 01:41

Hi I realize there some some questions posted that are similar to mine, but I amstill not managing somehow to apply it all and come out with a completepicture. My husband and I are looking to travel Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos for the firsttime from early December to early January (4 weeks) The places I have in mind at the moment are: Hanoi , Halong bay, Hue, hoi an, Nha Trang, Dalat, Can tho, NinhVan Bay, Tam Tao, Sapa, Dien Bien Phu, Ho chi minh (Saigon) phnom penh, Siem Reap, Battambang,Ke ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,493 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by adva on 21/11/2010 at 14:01

ebookers.com

Posted by ChrisJenko on 19/11/2010 at 13:18

Hey all. Im after some information on the skyscanners.com/ebookers.com website and a flight to Ho Chi Minh City from Sydney Australia on the 4th January 2011. Now i just got my quotes back from Fligh Centre and there is a massive difference between the prices quoted through them and the website, What im wondering has anyone had any experience with the above websites in regards to booking flights and payments ect. U was quoted $1120 ( flightcentre) and $662 ( Skyscanner/ebookers) for a one wa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,543 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 20/11/2010 at 18:21

using GBP in Vietnam ?

Posted by noakess on 18/11/2010 at 17:32

Hi, leaving in 4 days .... flying to Hamoi and planning to spend 4 weeks in vietnam. DO I ..... 1. bring GBP in cash - change to Dong in Hanoi (is that possible or will it be converted to USD first?) 2. use bank card and pay 2.75% fee they charge to withdraw money 3. change GBP to USD in the UK - then change to Dong in Hanoi? thanks - was trying to find the answer in the money forum but no luck... ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,746 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 20/11/2010 at 09:55

Vietnam Airlines & Credit Card/Passport Name

Posted by jojo123 on 15/11/2010 at 13:14

We have a domestic flight booked with Vietnam Airlines via an agent as part of a bigger tour, and planned to book two more domestic flights with VA ourselves. But the online booking system insists that name on credit card match the name entered for the passenger. The passenger name must obviously match the passport. My problem is my passport name is in full but on both my credit cards the name is abbreviated eg. Passport: Lisa Bart Marge Simpson Credit Card: Lisa B M Simpson According to (rage ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,768 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by 69bertie on 20/11/2010 at 09:36

how better plan the trip HCMC-Mekong-Phu Quoc ?

Posted by wildkat on 20/11/2010 at 04:14

We are arriving in HCMC from Danang about 10am. Want to get Mekong delta from the airport, then take a boat trip, find homestay, have overnight, next morning go to Rach Gia and catch the ferry to Phu Quoc at 1 pm. How long from Mekong Delta ( have no idea yet what town visit Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Vinh Long and where stop for the overnight) to Rach Gia? What is the price for taxi from airport to Mekong Delta and next leg Mekong Delta - Rach Gia? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,176 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by wildkat on 20/11/2010 at 04:40

Flooding in Hoi An

Posted by averydka99 on 19/11/2010 at 07:43

Hello Everyone, Wanted to post an update to let everyone know Hoi An is flooded, the first 2 streets up from the river are underwater, but the rains have stopped for the most part. We were in Hue 2 days ago and the river was just over the bank onto the sidewalks in some spots. It rained there at night, butnone during the day, same here in Hoi An. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,342 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by tieu112 on 19/11/2010 at 17:34

Mui Ne-guesthouse 10-15$ ???

Posted by monia13 on 16/11/2010 at 00:52

Hi , I am on the way to Mui Ne ...Is there anybody staying in nice,cheap guesthouse and could reccommend? I am sick of prices" from the moon" what is so common in this country .Need the room from 18/Nov/10 for 7 days...Please help! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,998 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Vietnam720 on 19/11/2010 at 09:26

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page