Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Private Halong tour 31.7-1.8!

Posted by reale on 22/7/2010 at 11:13

Are you interested in avoiding the hassle, the scams and the crowds of Halong Bay? I would like to go on a private tour to Halong Bay on Saturday, July 31st with Cat Ba Ventures ( www.catbaventures.com ) and it would be nice to have you to join. The 2d/1n itinerary starts from Cat Ba island. The boat is small, it fits 4 people which is why it is possible to explore remote caves, deserted beaches and avoid the legion of tourist boats on Halong Bay. If we are 4 people, the price is 70$/person, an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,193 times, with no replies.

Itinerary for Vietnam......

Posted by TennisHaus on 19/7/2010 at 10:38

Im looking for some help on our plans for the Vietnam part of our trip. WE would like to do the following: 1. Ha long Bay 2. Motorbike tour 2days, which one is best, we can do it in HCMC or Hanoi . 3. HCMC and some tours around there. Our problem is time. We are not backpackers, but we are adventurers. WE both have minimal motorcycle experience. What do people recommend to do above all other things in Hanoi and HCMC? Aug 6th through 13th is our time frame. TIA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,278 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by TennisHaus on 20/7/2010 at 10:28

Luckyhotel 69 Tran Duy Hung - the idial destination for you

Posted by vietgoldstar on 16/7/2010 at 15:04

Lucky Hotel is located on Tran Duy Hung road, in the economic area, commercial development of Ha Noi city, adjacent to “Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh” urban areas , Big C supermarket, the National Conference Center, major banks, shopping centers, big buildings tower, the representative offices of foreign companies, Japanese, Korean restaurants. This is an ideal place for customers to stop in the trip or sightseeing tour. Lucky Hotel is a hotel of international standard, 2 **, fully equipped with qua ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,451 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by rawjer on 20/7/2010 at 09:58

Facebook

Posted by NYTim on 3/6/2010 at 20:24

Is Facebook still blocked in Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,302 times, with 8 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 20/7/2010 at 07:43

This is short notice but does anyone want to travel NW Vietnam together (Mai Chau, Son La, SaPa)?

Posted by sunwreck on 15/7/2010 at 16:10

Seeking a travel mate to do the loop from Mai Chau to SaPa together. I have a month left on my visa for Vietnam and don't really want to leave but I'm already in the north of Vietnam. I want to take the bus from HaNoi to Mai Chau to Son La to SaPa or also hitch-hike. I hitch-hiked in Bulgaria for the first time last year. I'm 29 years old.. normal guy. I.T background but I've also worked in Education in Thailand and China before. From Portland, Oregon. Just looking to make a new friend an ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,184 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by kaede on 18/7/2010 at 12:27

is it going to be worth it?

Posted by jak on 15/7/2010 at 04:11

hi, sorry to post about the weather but i'm finding it difficult to find topics relating to what i'm asking. I was thinking about taking a gap year and travelling around south east Asia, with some friends before going off to different universities. However since we are low on funds, we were thinking about working for 7-8 months in England to fund the trip. The basis of the trip was to spend an organised 10 weeks in Borneo with a gap year company, then backpack around S.E.A. for the following 1 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,645 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by AmericanVietnamese on 18/7/2010 at 11:24

Vietnam Consulate General in San Francisco

Posted by sic8vita8est on 17/6/2010 at 06:07

Hi, I know there are a lot of visa threads here already but I wasn't finding what I needed . . . I guess my question is, what is the deal with the Consulate General in San Francisco? I was told thats where I needed to send for my Visa (I'm flying into Hanoi so I can't pick up the Visa in another country). I sent away my application and passports to San Fran along with the fee listed on the Vietnam Embassy website. The website says it is $30 for 1 month/multiple entry. Now they have contac ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,752 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by sic8vita8est on 18/7/2010 at 10:15

Flooding in Hanoi - July 13th

Posted by daawgon on 16/7/2010 at 08:51

Flooding in Hanoi ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 846 times, with no replies.

Severe Tropical Storm CONSON

Posted by Pablot on 16/7/2010 at 07:53

Travelers to Central VN and further North Severe Tropical Storm "CONSON" is on its way and most likely from experience it will hit Vietnam ands not China as predictions show. This is early in the year for storms - this year will be a rough year for storms. It is heading North of Hue at the moment (7 am Friday 16 July 2010). Winds of upto 95 km/hr but likely to drop before landfall tommorow. I suggest all travelers monitor severe weather conditions on the internet because there ar ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,169 times, with no replies.

MINSK FOR SALE HANOI JULY 2010

Posted by chriscody on 15/7/2010 at 21:37

Sport Model Minsk for sale Hanoi . Located in north western coner of the Old Quater out front of the New Century Hotel 1996 model. Solid black with a red star on fuel tank. Excelent condition with pannier racks, raised rear suspenssion, new clutch pads and piston head. (Photo Here)http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4015/bikeforsale.jpg Rode from Saigon to Hanoi and had no problems. Includes: Full face Cambodian motocross helmet (non existant in Vietnam)worth $40 US, Goggles, Motocross Glove ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,873 times, with no replies.

Food in Vietnam

Posted by NYTim on 5/7/2010 at 23:53

Can any of you travelers tell me the best food in HCMC, Da Lat and Hanoi. I want Vietnamese food, not some Westerners idea of what local food tastes like. High or low priced it does not matter. It has to be good. Cheers ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,360 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 14/7/2010 at 01:33

Easy Riders prices

Posted by KazAussie on 6/8/2009 at 14:58

Hi guys, The travelfish guide book says that easy riders are about $8-15 per day, but their website quotes about $65 per day. We are looking for something from Pleiku to Hoi An, what would you recommend as the number of days that should be taken. We won't be able to book online too far in advance (ie any more than a couple of days) as we are playing it a bit by ear in Cambodia and are not sure exactly how much time we will spend there, and therefore don't know when we will be in Ple ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,005 times, with 15 replies. Last reply by mandarc on 14/7/2010 at 00:36

Blackjack scam

Posted by BanhMi on 10/7/2010 at 10:21

This happened to me yesterday in Saigon. There's posts on Lonely Planet from 2008 describing it almost exactly, but I couldnt find any here, so I thought I'd get the word out. Not like you're comming to Vietnam to cheat at cards in some strangers house, but just in case... Two very nice ladies, a little older, very innocent, dressed like tourists, ask you where you are from, and then say that they're sister is coincidentally going to study there and would like to ask some questions. When you g ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,479 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by BanhMi on 12/7/2010 at 21:05

Minsk for sale in Saigon

Posted by vicio on 12/7/2010 at 18:59

Hi, I just arrived in Saigon and I want to sell my minsk. I bought "her" in Hanoi from Coung's shop, did a big loop in the north and than through the highland following the HCM trail. The bike never stopped even in the worst muddy roads!!! I had to change my mind about it after my first impression (I was used to drive toys like Honda wave and similar). I'm glad to have chosen the old model (probably also louder than the new ones): above all with the older Vietnamese has been always ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,971 times, with no replies.

Never, ever catch a night bus

Posted by Rohan on 9/1/2010 at 15:04

Having seen nothing in guide books about the night buses in Vietnam except that they are a good budget option, I thought I would make a posting letting people know about my experience between Hue and Hanoi. I caught the Sinh Cafe night bus and lived to regret it. The condition of the bus was not bad - it looked far better than some other buses that left at the same time that used mattresses with odd looking stains on them. However, these buses are not designed with large westerners in min ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,589 times, with 31 replies. Last reply by Manticore on 12/7/2010 at 18:13

Biking down Vietnam. GREAT!

Posted by bikerbabe2004 on 11/7/2010 at 18:33

I have just done a trip from Hanoi to Hoi Chi Minh city by bike. I started in Hanoi and bought my bike from 2 reputable guys by the name of Anthony and Felix. They took me to there warehouse full of bikes. Minsks, dirt bikes, scooters, low riders etc. After messing around and re-adjusting to riding bikes, I decided to go with the 2 stroke Russian 125 cc Minsk. Something about the Minsk caught my eye and what a success it was. I left Hanoi and travelled down to Mai Chau . ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFU ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,481 times, with no replies.

Looking for unspoiled beach in Vietnam

Posted by Indoluso on 24/5/2010 at 17:14

Hi all, We're looking for an unspoiled, authentic, calm beach in Vietnam for this summer (July/August) to spend 3/4 days. We were thinking of Mui Ne as being out of Nha Trang's tourism boom but I just read about people saying that they found plastic bags floating in Mui Ne. Is it easy to find small unspoilled fishing villages with clean beaches in the South Central Coast while being in the area? Otherwise we were thinking of the eastern part of Con Dao as apparently it is good in the summer, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,857 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by stillgoing on 11/7/2010 at 18:15

Motorbiek For Sale, Hanoi (july 2010)

Posted by dorjeb on 11/7/2010 at 11:27

http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/vi/listing/show/8174/MOTORBIKE-for-sale-Honda-Wave-July-11th-2010 ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,330 times, with no replies.

Ho Chi Minh City to Luang Prabang

Posted by pdro on 10/7/2010 at 12:11

Is there any flight from saigon to luang prabang ? which air company has this trip ? thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,093 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 10/7/2010 at 22:55

Phu Quoc Ha Tien Boat

Posted by apertyx on 10/9/2009 at 19:40

Good Day, Any current news on a passenger ferry from Phu Quoc to Ha Tien? I've seen one referenced but described as "unreliable". I'm trying to get to Chau Doc in one day and would like to avoid flying. Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 12,827 times, with 13 replies. Last reply by lpalmer on 9/7/2010 at 22:02

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page