Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

south vietnam itinery suggestions

Posted by mellimoon on 26/3/2010 at 11:13

Hi, i'm currently in Vietnam, ive travelled down from hanoi, halong and hue. I'm in hoi an planning my next steps. Basically i have a few days spare to play with, and want some suggestions on what to do with them. Already on my agenda is na trangh, delat, mui ne, mekong area, saigon. I missed out Sapa, and i'm now regretting it, so maybe a sapa-esque experience around dalat might be worthwhile(?) Any ideas on what might be suitable, or any other ideas for 2 or three nights somewhere else i cou ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,350 times, with no replies.

Postage from Hanoi

Posted by smash on 20/3/2010 at 08:10

Hi all I need to post some stuff from Hanoi (my backpack needs relieving of some winter clothes). I need it to arrive in Dubai within 30 days so I don't mind paying for a better service. Can someone please recommend some good postage options in Hanoi? Cheers, ash ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,127 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by travellingsarah on 26/3/2010 at 00:11

How should I distribute my time in Laos & Vietnam this June & July

Posted by hofo_mofo on 17/3/2010 at 10:12

Hello all. First off I would like to say thank you for all the information and opinions I have found on Travelfish; it has helped me greatly. Regrettably I am at an impasse in terms of planning my upcoming vacation in June and July. What I already have is the following: Jun 3 – Jun 8, Hong Kong Jun 8 – Jun 13, Bali So that is all I have. I am pretty much firm on the duration I plan on having in those two places (but let me know). Now this is where I need help. From June 13 to ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,829 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by travellingsarah on 25/3/2010 at 23:56

Sapa weather & trekking

Posted by zohe on 31/3/2007 at 12:17

I heard that Sapa can be pretty chilling. Do i need additional warm clothing if i'm travelling to Sapa in early may? For the trekking trips, is it recommended to walk with a trekking boots or any other shoe or even slippers are fine? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 11,916 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by mifox2 on 25/3/2010 at 20:22

Sapa/Ban Ho or Cao Son for 2 nights? - Please advice

Posted by Ginta on 9/12/2009 at 16:31

Hello, After reading many interesting posts about Sapa , I still can't make up my mind! Please help! We will arrive to Lao Cai train station on 23rd Dec. We have 2 nights in the area and hope to do some walking (moderate) and stay in local villages. We of course would like to have best scenary but more improtantly to avoid mini-hotel type of homestays. My questions are: 1. would we miss a lot if we dont go to sapa at all but stay in Cao Son, Coc LY, Mai Cai Than area? 2. If Sap ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,871 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by hanoimikeshotel on 25/3/2010 at 11:54

Travel Help/Suggestions Needed

Posted by jxs336 on 24/3/2010 at 10:49

My wife and I are heading to Asia in the summer. I'll let you know my travel plan, can someone please provide me with suggestions or tips on would it be better to travel by land or by air and also where and how to find places to stay, should I book online or when I get there and let me know if the amount of time in each destination is adequate. I've so far only booked my international flight Vancouver to Bali Bangkok to Vancouver so I was thinking Vancouver to Bali (stay in Nusa Du ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,177 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by lexkssnbrg on 25/3/2010 at 10:45

Need advice on tours

Posted by todd_reid on 18/3/2010 at 13:51

Hi folks, I'm developing a short itinerary with Vietnamstay.com and was offered a price of 319$ for 2 nights at the Intercontinental Westlake hotel and 1 night aboard the Bhaya cruise. Could any of you here advise if it's good value for money and if the company/boat operator is legitimate. Thank you ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,162 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by todd_reid on 24/3/2010 at 09:01

itinerary advice for 2 weeks in Vietnam and Thailand

Posted by jztravels on 22/2/2010 at 02:01

We will be visiting Vietnam and Thailand in August 2010. I will be meeting my 17 year old daughter who will be completing a two week service trip in Laos and Cambodia in Bangkok. From research I have set on the following itinerary...We will leave Bangkok to Hanoi , one night Hanoi (Hotel Elegance), Sapa 4days (two on sleeper, one night to BacHa market then on to Sapa, hotel stay then second night homestay) Halong Bay for 2 nights (Prince junk), going the less traveled route to Bai Tu Long B ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,417 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 24/3/2010 at 05:48

Hanoi to HCMC 18 days

Posted by jessia on 22/3/2010 at 06:54

Hi all, I'm trying to decide a good way to travel: Hanoi (& Halong) to Hoi An to Nha Trang to Mui Ne to HCMC. We've got about 18 days to do all that, and I'm thinking about doing one flight leg (maybe Hanoi to Da Nang then train to bus to Hoi An?) and the rest either train or bus or hire motorbikes/ scooters. I've read the most picturesque train journey is to Hue, but I'm not planning on going there. Any other beautiful train rides/ best leg to fly/ opinions? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,077 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Junie on 23/3/2010 at 22:36

vietnam+cambodia nov-dec - please review early plan...

Posted by noakess on 21/3/2010 at 16:30

hi all - thank you so much for all the advice. decided to go for 2 months and include vietnam, cambodia and beach break at the end,,.( cant decide between phu quoc and a thai island). would like to keep it quite flexible - and skip stops / or fly if we are running out of time... see updated plan below. the only thing im slightly concerned about is the weather - looks like starting in mid-late Nov might be best option - but i can travel as early as sep and as late as jan - so would appreciat ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,530 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/3/2010 at 07:42

RachGai to Chau Doc

Posted by GCAUS on 21/3/2010 at 09:52

After staying on Phu Quoc Island we want to travel to Phnom Phen and onwards to Siem Reap. Rather than back track to HCMC (plus saving heaps on an air fare (best I could find was PQ to PP via HCMC was $300 each!) we were thinking of busing from Rach Gai to Chau Doc then the fast boat to Phnom Phen.I am hoping someone can answer my questions on part of the trip 1. Which bus station do I need in Rach Gai? The one closest to the airport or the one in town? and what is the best way from ai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,695 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/3/2010 at 07:28

Ho Chi Minh

Posted by sgems13 on 21/3/2010 at 19:25

Hi After travelling around Vietnam I am going to be leaving Ho Chi Minh heading to Bangkok. Is it worth having one night in Ho Chi Minh, will I be able to see anything in that amount of time or should I spend an extra day in Bangkok? Also, any views on staying in Da Nang or Hoi An? I can't decide on which to stay at. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,168 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 22/3/2010 at 05:16

Contact Details for Lien Hiep Thanh?

Posted by RichMelZA on 16/11/2009 at 00:57

Hi hi, Seems my Phu Quoc contact detail woes continue... Trying to track down an email address for Lien Hiep Thanh on Phu Quoc? (http://www.travelfish.org/accommodation_profile/vietnam/mekong_delta/kien_giang/phu_quoc_island/all/2849) Does anyone have an email address for them on record? Thanks in advance! :-) Richard Heslop Durban, South Africa ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,509 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jasinorbit on 21/3/2010 at 16:25

Cargo Club Hoi An

Posted by bretandgerri on 21/3/2010 at 16:17

My partner and I had a magical few days in beautiful Hoi An, and discovered the Cargo Club on day 2 - the most incredible chocoloate cheesecake, and a stunning building in a gorgeous location. We went back for dinner the next day, and the kind waiter got us the best table, on the corner of the upstairs balcony, overlooking the river. Sensational food, great vibe, friendly and attentive staff, and beautiful romantic setting. Highly recommended. (Also try Cafe 96, and Mermaids - does the ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,999 times, with no replies.

Mai linh in Dalat?

Posted by violets on 20/3/2010 at 19:45

Does anyone know where in Dalat is the MAi Linh office, or is it out at the bus station. Thought they might be a good option for getting to BMT. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,317 times, with no replies.

Bank transfer-Sinh Cafe

Posted by val1212 on 4/2/2009 at 22:01

Now I am planning to pruchase a Halong Bay tour from Sinh Cafe. Now they are asking us to transfer to money. However their bank account is not from Vietnam; it is from Commenwealth Bank of Australia under Mr ERIC TRUNG CANG TRAN. I book this tour from http://www.sinhcafevn.com. Is this real Sinh Cafe? Anyone ever transfer money to this bank? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,364 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by thesinhtourist on 20/3/2010 at 08:53

Phu Quoc - Spoiled paradise?

Posted by bretandgerri on 6/3/2010 at 11:48

We arrived in Phu Quoc after the 3-day Mekong - PP - Rach Gia mission, and many months of looking forward to this island paradise! And it is, it's stunning, squeaky white sand, turqoise waters, and very little development. Sadly though, the beach (Long Beach) is literally COVERED in rubbish. We went for a romantic sunset stroll for miles down the beach yesterday, and saw a dead dog floating in the waves, light bulbs, millions of plastic bags, and acres of detritus. We have no problem at all ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,498 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by vietjuls on 19/3/2010 at 06:48

Scam going on at the moment in Saigon.

Posted by Madfire on 15/3/2010 at 01:40

My first post on travelfish !! The day i arrived i randomly met another traveler who told me about another (naive) traveler who got invited to a Vietnamese house to teach one of their kids something on the computer.. and you guess the rest of the story.. there was no kids.. it turned bad and the guy did end up at an ATM withdrawing a shitload of cash for his Viet "friends". I suppose this kind of stuff is not rare, and people dont brag about it when it happens to them.. Anyway, today (ma ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,714 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by luvmedic on 18/3/2010 at 08:51

SAIGON TRUTHS

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 18/3/2010 at 03:08

Airport to Pham Ngu Lao 120k Taxi meter Motorbike taxi 10k to 20k maximum Shoe shine sir 5k Beer 7k to 35k, 50k at Apocalypse Now ! Dont pay for anything in dollar Visit the war museum Ben Thanh Market RIP OFF BIG TIME, go to chinatown, dont buy coffee at BTM, + 500% Organised trips to Delta rubbish!!!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,165 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by luvmedic on 18/3/2010 at 08:44

Pre-arranged Visa for Vietnam

Posted by mellimoon on 11/3/2010 at 07:13

Hi, i've used an agent to get a visa on arrival for Vietnam, and have been sent the emailed document to print out and present on arrival in Hanoi airport (from BKK). I'm very confused now, as i've read contradicting info here and on other sites about whether this is a legitimate way of getting a visa. Some people have said a visa on arrival does not exist. I'm setting off in 7 days, and i just want to make 100percent sure with the travelfish experts that i will be able to enter Vietnam with ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 6,043 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 18/3/2010 at 01:33

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page