Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

2 Minsks for Sale

Posted by Nandoras on 9/2/2010 at 13:01

We have two Minsk motorbikes for sale, brilliant condition. We bought the Minsk motorbikes on the 8 of February via the Hanoi Youth Hostel. Unfortunately we have to sell them already. We planned to have a trip of two weeks to Sapa and back, but because of an heavy injured leg we can't go on anymore. Therefore we want to sale our very good Minsk motorbikes. 20th of February we are going back to Saigon, so it is also possible to buy it in Saigon. Ofcourse the bikes come with the p ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,533 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by Nandoras on 9/2/2010 at 13:14

Phu Quoc or Nha Trang??

Posted by hamilove on 8/2/2010 at 13:48

Hey all, just trying to decide between flying from HCMC to phu quoc for a few days then flying from HCMC to Hanoi OR Travelling up the coast stopping at Nha Trang and Hoi an on the way to Hanoi by train?? Would I miss much not going to phu quoc as im leaning more towards the train travel so i can see more of the country side of Vietnam? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,439 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 9/2/2010 at 07:59

Ho chi minh to sihanoukville

Posted by louisey405 on 8/2/2010 at 23:04

I'm Going to be in Ho chi minh city for a few days and sihanoukville in Cambodia has been highly recommended. Our plan originaly was to go to Phnom Pehn and siem reap so im hoping it wouldnt be so difficult to just start down south and work my way up. I was told that a bus would be the best way to go but i read somewhere that it is easier to go to phnom phen and then to sihanoukville but that seems like alot of hassle. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,353 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by jasonkim8486 on 9/2/2010 at 05:02

Vietnam and Ankor wat in 12 days???

Posted by brunogiel on 2/2/2010 at 20:48

Hi, It would be great if someone can help me with this. I've been in BKK and Chiang mai, and now i'm in Koh Phi Phi. I dont have much time but i want to visit as much as I can of vietnam (would like to go to Halong Bay and the War tunnels). Im arriving at Saigon airport on the 6th or the 8th of february and I'm leaving asia from BKK the 20th of the same month. I want to see Angkor wat and as much as i can from Vietnam, and maybe (but don't think I have time) tubbing in Vang Vieng. What ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,348 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by brunogiel on 7/2/2010 at 19:45

Travelling from Guilin to Hanoi

Posted by ham on 7/2/2010 at 04:40

I need information about travelling from Guilin to Hanoi by Train and Bus.Has anyone done this? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,037 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by ham on 7/2/2010 at 15:31

train from HCM to Phan Thiet

Posted by laallee on 21/1/2010 at 20:57

has anyone tried the "soft seater" i want to avoid doing this trip by bus! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,329 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by laallee on 7/2/2010 at 02:24

Santa Maria / Columbus Cruise - any experience?

Posted by reikosan on 7/2/2010 at 01:26

Has anyone been in Columbus Cruise┬┤s Santa Maria junk? How is it? I have booked 1N/2D cruise with Santa Maria for early March. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 974 times, with no replies.

Phu Quoc - Need some Advice :)

Posted by maxcxa on 26/1/2010 at 00:53

Hi there, I am on a gap year before I go off to university and will travelling South East Asia. I am going with 3 friends and hope to get to Phu Quoc on the 15th March 2010. However we will be in Cambodia at that time. Is there a way to get to Phu Quoc from Cambodia by ferry? If there is, how does immigration work as I have read that Phu Quoc is Vietnam territory? Is it all simple enough? Thanks Max ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,565 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by WonderingTsar on 6/2/2010 at 22:10

Visa for Vietnam in Cambodia?

Posted by emma066 on 27/1/2010 at 22:28

Does anyone know if you can get a visa for Vietnam in Cambodia at all? we'll be spending 4 days in Siem Reap before heading to Vietnam. Or as UK passport holders, would it best to get it in advance? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,169 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Dylan on 5/2/2010 at 22:26

What should you expect from Halong Bay

Posted by luce_uk on 16/1/2010 at 13:33

I have spent time researching and reading reviews on Halong Bay and although i understand that the key to the H/B experience is the beauty of the heritage site itself i am interested in what you should expect, as there are so many variants and it would seem that some tours claim to offer more activities than others, so how can you be sure that you know what is on offer and was a proper daily structure offered, was it adhered to or/and was anything missed? Here are a few of the questions to kick ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,811 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 5/2/2010 at 13:36

Danang to Hoi An

Posted by foieslinger on 17/1/2010 at 02:52

approximately how much should I be paying for a taxi from the Danang airport to Hoi An ?? would also love some hotel reccomendations for Hoi An in the $500,000 vnd range. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,868 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 4/2/2010 at 08:55

Wellcome to Thu Giang guesthouse

Posted by congpc on 3/2/2010 at 00:07

Since we opened our doors back in 1994, Thu Giang Guesthouse has been playing host to many friendly backpackers all around the world. Our guesthouse has received good reviews from various travel guides such as Lonely Planet, Let's Go, Routard, Rough Guides and many other travel websites. As such, Thu Giang Guesthouse is known to many travelers, in South East Asia and other parts of the world, as a top choice budget accommodation in Hanoi . We are located right in the centre of Hanoi capital, ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,393 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 4/2/2010 at 07:52

Booking tickets for ticket...agency

Posted by bleucheese on 26/1/2010 at 08:40

Oops I pushed enter by mistake. Here is my question- I will be traveling to Vietnam with my girlfriend from February 12 - February 22. I have read that I must book train and/or air tickets in advance since TET will be swarming with travelers. Is there a reliable agency that I can do this with now or should I wait until I arrive? Thanks BC ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,024 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by hasherjoe34 on 3/2/2010 at 13:38

To Halong or not to Halong!! Help

Posted by sklsk8s on 2/2/2010 at 13:43

So my question is;with (4) kids in tow and only six weeks, should Halong Bay be a for sure on our itinery? The more I read posts and web info I'm confused as to whether or not we shoould route away from this potential trap. Could someone please slap me with some straight advice? Love the site,you guy's are amazing.Thx in advance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,569 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by Archmichael on 3/2/2010 at 10:31

Good motorbike route HCMC/Dalat/N.Trang

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 30/1/2010 at 23:25

Hi, intending to rent a motorbike in Saigon, any good and trustworthy rental outlets ? Secondly, would like any advice on scenic routes, (not just A-B),for me the journey is the holiday.Did a similar thing up north, fabulous adventure, can offer advice on this. Must get a softer seat this time, bum has just mended now!! cheers chris ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,906 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by KIPPERTHAI on 3/2/2010 at 03:01

honeymoon advice please - southeast asia!

Posted by honeymooner on 28/10/2009 at 06:18

Hey, Am looking forward to a really great honeymoon in summer 2010..Have always wanted to see japan, vietnam, cambodia, laos and maybe thailand (although after watching freaky programmes about the latter too many times, Im abit freaked out about it!). Anyway, I have about 5 weeks to spend in these places. I know this sounds abit crammed but beggars cant be choosers, and I'm a good crammer! Any advice from any of you experienced Asia explorers would be HUGELY appreciated...on Flight or Trai ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,931 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by Hardaway on 2/2/2010 at 18:24

fraudolent cyclo drivers

Posted by Gimarischi on 24/1/2010 at 17:33

Pay attention when in Saigon, if you are contacted by cyclo drivers, they propose you a trip at a low price (e.g. 15.000 dong), but when arriving at your destination they require a sum many times bigger(450.000 dong that is 25$) shouting and complainting, showing you a leaflet with blow up prices. At that point you can only pay. I have given 10 dollars for two cyclos, not withoout complaints. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,406 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by nzlup on 1/2/2010 at 18:53

2010 TET Festival

Posted by kendoll on 29/9/2009 at 17:52

Helloooooo, We are travelling through Vietnam for the first time later this year but I haven't been able to find any dates for when TET is going to be celebrated and I've heard it can make things really difficult so it would be good to know! We're travelling in Vietnam from the 29th of december until around the 26th of January. So if anyone knows if it's going to affect us let me know, Thankyou! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 7,277 times, with 16 replies. Last reply by paulle on 1/2/2010 at 02:49

Ha Tien to Rach Gia

Posted by marike on 23/1/2010 at 12:51

Hi, does anybody know how long it takes to get from Ha Tien/ Cambodian border to Rach Gia and if there are any taxis going? Thanks, Marike ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,415 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by foxglove2012 on 31/1/2010 at 00:34

Sinh cafe....Sinh travel

Posted by foieslinger on 30/1/2010 at 15:44

I know that sinh Cafe changed it's name to sinh travel due to copy cat operations. Does anyone know the address of their "official" website or an office address in Saigon? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,351 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by foieslinger on 30/1/2010 at 16:54

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page