Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Vietnam in December

Posted by freebird on 30/11/2009 at 17:50

Hello We are 3 girls in our mid 20's travelling to Vietnam looking for fun & adventure... and sunshine! What is the weather like towards end Dec? Any tips where will be hotter than others, suitable for swim and beaching? Any tips on best way to visit Mekong Delta... or getting to Phu Quoc from there? We only have 1 or 2 days in the mekong delta but know how to spend these? Any advice would be appreciated :) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,321 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Dayvit78 on 9/12/2009 at 12:05

Hue / Danang / Hoi An

Posted by stuartaus on 24/11/2009 at 17:55

Hi Guys, I will be travelling the length of Vietnam in March for 4 weeks and was hopeing that you could advise us about Hue / Danang and Hoi An . Our travel dates at the moment look like this: Night 8 : 9th March, Hanoi – Hue - Over night Train 12hrs. Day 9 : 10TH March, Hue Night 9 : Hue Day 10 : 11TH March,Hue – Danang Day train in morning Night 10 : Danang Day 11 : 12TH March,Danang - Hoi An by motorbikes or bus/driver in morning Night 11 : Hoi An Day 12 : 13TH March ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,956 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 8/12/2009 at 23:07

Minsk for sale in Hanoi

Posted by mijnnaam on 8/12/2009 at 13:24

I have a minsk for sale in hanoi. I bought the minsk 3 weeks ago in HCMC and drove it to hanoi. Apart from 3 flat tires i had no problems what so ever and can recommend this way of travelling. The minsk is in good condition and comes with helmet, tools, detailed map of Vietnam, rack and bungeecords for your backpack. In other words your good to go and have the best time of your live! The price is 300$ Contact me if your interested: Tel: (0167) 4923 611 E-mail: loka_atk@hotmail.com greets ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,224 times, with no replies.

Any news on Hoa's in Danang?

Posted by PDX2BKK on 6/12/2009 at 17:03

Has anybody been recently? I have been looking forward to staying here and hopefully getting some surfing in before I head inland, but I have heard from a few sources that maybe this wonderful little guest house might be wrecked to make way for a big ugly resort, can anyone confirm or deny the rumours? say it aint so! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,240 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by MADMAC on 8/12/2009 at 09:30

Booking Flight Hanoi-Siem Reap

Posted by smash on 7/12/2009 at 06:37

Hey all, Just wondering if someone can please direct me to the best place to book a flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap ? I need this flight on 31 March. We've had a change of plans with our travel and have had to shorten our trip by about 5 weeks which has meant building a shorter itinerary around already purchased/difficult to change flights. So we're just doing Hanoi/Halong/Sapa in Vietnam now and will fly from Hanoi to Siem Reap do Angkor and then head onwards to Thailand's beaches for ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,814 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by daawgon on 8/12/2009 at 01:46

Good driver / guide from Hoi An

Posted by pamfelt on 7/12/2009 at 08:22

Can anyone recommend an English speaking driver /guide to take us up to the Central Highlands for a few days,and suggest a daily rate ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,391 times, with no replies.

Some questions on Phu Quoc Island

Posted by Lawoat on 1/11/2009 at 22:59

Hi All, Me and a friend are planning on going to Phu Quoc mid November. We will not be flying but taking te boat from Rach Gia. 1. How easy is it to get from HCMC to Rach Gia. We would like to do some more Mekong sightseeing while going to RG. 2. Do you need to book the tickets for the boat in advance? Any news on the timetable...I have only found a boat leaving in the morning? Is this correct? Any idea on the price? 3. Do we need to book hotel in advance in PQ or is there enought t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,383 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by muzzz63 on 7/12/2009 at 04:45

SuperDong Ferry v Vietnam Airlines

Posted by steviej on 18/3/2007 at 02:29

Hi all, Well, after some emailing and surfing, it would appear that flights from Phu Quoc to Saigon around the 20th/21st April are full for some reason; I wasn't expecting to have to book that far in advance. I emailed a company in Saigon (TNK) and they can confirm an outbound but not the return. SO..... .............how reliable are the ferry services at that time of year. We have to be at Saigon Airport for a flight to Bangkok on the evening of the 21st; anybody got any suggestions. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,823 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by muzzz63 on 7/12/2009 at 04:43

Mekong Delta Tour advice PLEASE

Posted by freebird on 2/12/2009 at 18:25

We are 3 girls who want advice how to do the Mekong Delta from Phu Quoc to HCMC. We will fly from Phu Quoc to Rach Gia... but what from there? any tour suggestions? I have been looking at an EXITISSIMO tour on the BASSAC CRUISE... anyone done this before? Any advice much appreciated :-) ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,949 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by freebird on 5/12/2009 at 22:25

trians in vietnam.

Posted by tranimal72 on 2/12/2009 at 01:31

does anyone know how much it cost for a first class ticket from saigon to nha trang and how many days in advance to book.i was there four years ago but my memory eludes me.thanks for your assistance. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,590 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by scottyheather on 5/12/2009 at 04:45

Hotel in Hue and Hoi An

Posted by QuebecCity on 10/11/2009 at 13:00

Seeking a hotel in Hue and Hoi An for late December. Price point is $40 or less. Wanted great places at a great prices. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,289 times, with 9 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 4/12/2009 at 11:45

Sun Cream in Phu Quoc?!

Posted by Che_Cash on 4/12/2009 at 11:41

Hi, I've just come with my girlfriend for a beach holiday in Phu Quoc. We've been here 3 days and have run out of sun cream and now we can't find any over here. All they have are factor 30 sun whitening creams or small factor 45/60 sun blocks. Obviously this is pretty much raining on our parade in terms of lying on the beach and getting a tan. The guy in the guesthouse reception (tropicana) called his mate who ran around the stores in the market for us (we had already failed in our atte ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,947 times, with no replies.

Teaching English in Vietnam

Posted by corvusblue on 1/12/2009 at 06:26

Hi Everyone, My partner and I are currently in the US but would like to relocate to either Vietnam or Thailand to teach English. I was wondering if anyone can suggest language centers in either Thailand or Vietnam and/or share their experiences teaching in either country. Thanks so much! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,091 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by corvusblue on 4/12/2009 at 09:09

Walk in on Phu Quoc

Posted by RayIV on 30/10/2009 at 04:58

Me and my girlfriend will visit Phu Qouc 8 december to 18 december. We have find it very hard to book rooms/bungalows in advance. Will we get a decent room in pricerange 20-30 USD? If we just walk into some hotels/guesthouses? which one to start with? If we want the best stay for the bucks? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,486 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by leeg9 on 4/12/2009 at 08:01

Cat Ba/ Halong City to Danang by water

Posted by 02091611 on 30/11/2009 at 17:17

Is it possible, reasonably quick and inexpensive to travel from Cat Ba/ Halong Bay/ Halong City? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,273 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by daawgon on 3/12/2009 at 23:23

Drift/Columbus after trip payment

Posted by tonbeck46 on 1/12/2009 at 17:12

Anyone here has ever tried the $5.50 room with free wifi and breakfast at Drift Hostel and Columbus Cruise after trip payment? You might want to share your experience. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,052 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by busylizzy on 3/12/2009 at 20:26

Flying to Hanoi and taking night train to Lao Cai on the same day.

Posted by ngg18 on 30/11/2009 at 04:23

Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is feasible and practical to fly from Can Tho to Hanoi , arriving at 6:20pm and then going straight to the train station to take the night train to Loa Cai at 9:55? If possible I would like to avoid having to stay in Hanoi for a night. I guess there would be no problem getting to the train station in time, however can I just buy tickets (soft sleeper)b when I get there or should I buy well in advance? If so, what is a reliable place ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,703 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by Puggles on 2/12/2009 at 08:23

Sim card in Vietnam

Posted by mojopac on 26/10/2009 at 05:35

Hi all, I'll be visiting Nha Trang and HCMC (a week in each) from the 2nd Nov. I have a business back here in Australia and need to be in touch. Can you buy a Sim card in Vietnam for a Blackberry? Is user friendly? Can I call Australia and in turn can they call me? I believe Global Roaming is outrageously expensive. Thanks for any advice. A terrific site. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 8,486 times, with 14 replies. Last reply by jgg on 1/12/2009 at 00:24

Mui Ne to Nha Trang

Posted by joeyleong on 28/11/2009 at 10:35

How frequent is the bus from Mui Ne -> Nha Trang ? ARe there buses after noon time ? I am planning to do a morning dune tour at Mui Ne and leaving the place at late noon. If theres no choice, i am willing to catch the bus from nearby Phan Thiet. Thanks ! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,708 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by svennekedj on 30/11/2009 at 20:32

Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh

Posted by 02091611 on 25/11/2009 at 07:22

My family of 4 want to hire a driver with a car (preferable) to get /accompany us from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh via a few places. We are probably allowing a week to 10 days. Is this possible and does anyone have any idea as to how much it would cost per day? Thanks in advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,628 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by svennekedj on 30/11/2009 at 20:30

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page