Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Con Dao island weather in November?

Posted by NicolasCA on 31/10/2007 at 23:38

I'm looking for weather information for Con Dao Island in November. Is it rainy season or can we expect sunny days? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,432 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CatBa2 on 6/11/2007 at 19:17

Train - Da Nang to Hue - Worth the Hassle?

Posted by ozscott on 30/10/2007 at 15:08

Hi TF'ers... Whilst staying in Central Vietnam I want to ride the daytime train from DaNang (or Hoi An) to Hue - I beleive the scenery is spectacular? Does anyone know if I can just buy a ticket on the day (and how much), board the train, and be on my way - or if I need to pre-book (March '08)? Is this short rail journey worth the effort (time, cost, hassle) - otherwise I'd fly from Da Nang to Hanoi, rather than train then plane (Hue to Hanoi). Thanks for your advice... OzScott ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,949 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by CatBa2 on 6/11/2007 at 17:18

HCMC to Hanoi

Posted by BaznChaz on 2/11/2007 at 18:30

I have been trying to make a flight booking using Pacific Airlines and everytime I get to the last section of the booking, i.e., enter the credit card details, the page keeps failing. Has anyone else had this problem (recently) and can anyone else recommend alternatives airlines? Thanks in Advance ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,501 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CatBa2 on 6/11/2007 at 17:09

Itinerary Questions

Posted by charlotterussell on 5/11/2007 at 12:32

Hi everyone, Me and 2 members of my family are travelling through Vietnam for a month in Febuary next year - I just have a few questions regarding our itinerary (we are pretty laid back, love nature, not that keen on big cities, love the water and good food but might want to party a bit) 1. We are considering avoiding the craziness of tet by going to Pehom Pen/Ankor wat or travelling from Vientaine to Luang Prabang(thru vang vieng)for 6 days. Does anyone have any opinions on whether Laos o ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,821 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by CatBa2 on 6/11/2007 at 17:00

beach/islands in Vietnam

Posted by ac1979 on 5/11/2007 at 18:42

HI, My husband and I live in Thailand, and we're going to Vietnam over xmas/new years. Flying into Hanoi on 20th Dec, and out from Saigon on Jan 5th. We wanted to go to Phu quoc from Dec 27th to Jan 3rd, but i'm worried we won't find accomodation. I've been trying to pre-book, but no luck.. Any suggestions for the next best beach/island in Vietnam? I'm been to Nha Trang so don't want to go there..It's a bit too much like Pattaya for me. I was in Mui Ne about 4 years ago, and it see ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,447 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by CatBa2 on 6/11/2007 at 16:49

Ha Tien - Hotels/Guest Houses?

Posted by colbycoombs on 4/11/2007 at 11:35

Now that the Cambodia-Vietnam border is open (to visa-holders), I intend to visit Ha Tien. But there's no qualitative assessment of the [I think] six hotels there. Anyone been recently? Any advice? I'd be grateful. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,573 times, with no replies.

Hanoi in Dec - Van+Driver or private tour with guide

Posted by pekyao on 21/10/2007 at 17:17

We are a group of 7 people travelling to Hanoi in mid December for 5 days only. The first two day is our own city tour and perfume pagoda trip. We plan to go Ninh Binh after picking up our member in the airport(arrival 8.45 am) and proceed to Hoa Lu and Tam Coc. In the afternoon we travel to Halong city or HaiPHong if halong is too far for overnight in order to take a half day halong bay visit the next morning and back to Hanoi in the afternoon. Question:1. How far is the driving time from ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,435 times, with 10 replies. Last reply by pekyao on 1/11/2007 at 13:36

scooters

Posted by vin4564 on 1/11/2007 at 06:40

hi i would like to rent an automatic motorbike in saigon im in district 1 anybody have any info on that ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,593 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 09:11

Quy Nhon/Song Cau

Posted by NicolasCA on 31/10/2007 at 22:42

I love the article about the road from Quy Nhon to Song Cau. Would anyone know how is the road condition between those 2 towns? How easy is it to rent a motorcycle and bike from Quy Nhon to Song Cau if you have no motorcyle experience before? Also, what would be the weather in November in Quy Nhon? Thank you. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,013 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 1/11/2007 at 08:13

Hanoi Pacific Hotel

Posted by clairewurtz on 22/6/2007 at 17:25

Hi! we are Israela and Claire , we're travelling from Israel and France and for our first time in hanoi we've been to the pacific hotel. we've been before in thailand and Laos and so we try plenty of hotels and guesthouses in those country, we were really glad to get in this new hotel after all the cheap room we've been in. we really appreciate our overstay here, the staff was professional, particulary friendly and very helpful.the hotel is set in right in the middle of the old quarter, near lit ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,123 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 30/10/2007 at 13:47

Obtaining Vietnam Visa in Bangkok

Posted by zaboo on 17/10/2007 at 22:09

Hi all - anyone have an idea how long it takes to obtain a visa for Vietnam in Bangkok, and how to go about doing it? Also - am looking for recommendations for inexpensive but clean and friendly places to stay in Hanoi. Is it suggested to make reservations beforehand or is it easy to find accommodations on arrival? thanks much! ZaBoo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,647 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by mattocmd on 30/10/2007 at 13:40

Pre Booking Vietnam Flights via Travel Agency

Posted by ozscott on 29/10/2007 at 11:33

Hi TravelFisher's, Does anyone know of honest and reliable travel agency in Vietnam that could pre-book both Vietnamese internal and international flights for me prior to my arrival in Vietnam? Internal flights would be: ------------------------------- - Ho Chi Minh to Da Nang - Hue to Hanoi Internation al flights would be: -------------------------------------- - Hanoi to Lubang Prabang - Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh I've read lots of good stuff about HandSpan Adventure Tours in H ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,826 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 29/10/2007 at 14:15

Quiet guesthouse/ budget hotel outside old quarter/ city center

Posted by hjulp on 15/10/2007 at 04:50

Hi, Family of 5 with 3 kids coming to Hanoi on Nov. 5th, we're looking for a family room in a quiet & comfortable guesthouse/ budget hotel, we are only interested by quiet areas which must be outside old quarter/ city center for example by the west lake, Truc Bach lake or equivalent quiet and attractive areas (even if a bite far from city center as long as comfort is higher). Thanks for your advise and review of places you've been and would recommend. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,263 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by hoai on 29/10/2007 at 13:44

a very good hotel in saigon-hcmc

Posted by vin4564 on 20/2/2007 at 18:55

will pay up to 70 dollars a night need internet in the room hopefully wireless--arrive 23feb any good suggestions ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,836 times, with 5 replies. Last reply by vin4564 on 24/10/2007 at 08:53

Que Huong Guest House, Hanoi

Posted by hjulp on 23/10/2007 at 16:40

I've been proposed a family room at Que Huong Guest House in Hanoi. Has anyone been in this guest house? What do you think? Is it quiet and comfortable enough for a budget price of $32/ night. Thanks for your review ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,894 times, with no replies.

Good Travel Agency from Vietnam for Angkor Wat?

Posted by VanVan on 9/10/2007 at 02:43

Hi - It's me again, still in process of planning for one month in Viet Nam. Does anyone recommend a good travel agency in Saigon for Angkor Wat tour? We'd like to take a 3D/2N Angkor Wat tour from Saigon by airplane. Do you know bout how much per person? I think Sinh Cafe offers a bus tour but we don't want to take bus (to save time). Thanks. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,552 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by kptn82 on 23/10/2007 at 11:26

Vietnam visa from europe

Posted by natsimoes on 23/10/2007 at 04:54

Hey there Does anyone have a good/safe suggestion on a travel agency in HCMC that can deliver a multiple entry visa to Vietnam with minimum charge? Thanks for your help ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,159 times, with no replies.

tailor-made shoes in Vietnam?

Posted by tabea1 on 23/10/2007 at 00:06

Hi everybody, my non-standard feet donĀ“t fit in most ready-made shoes. Does anybody know a shoemaker around Hanoi or Saigon, where I can get tailor-made shoes? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,690 times, with no replies.

8 days in Vietnam

Posted by airfaze on 21/10/2007 at 23:42

Hi, I would be spending a short break of 8 days in Vietnam in November. I have no concrete plans yet.. but from what i gathered, i think it would be best spent in the North instead of doing the North to South route in 8 days? If its the northern region, I'm thinking of traveling to Hanoi, Sapa and Halong Bay. If so, which would be the best place to start from Hanoi? Any other suggestions to spend the 8 days would be greatly appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,327 times, with no replies.

Central Vietnam Reccomendations

Posted by ozscott on 20/10/2007 at 08:13

Hi TravelFish'ers, My wife & I are headed to SE Asia for a 6 week holiday (2+ weeks Vietnam, 2 weeks Laos, 1 week Cambodia). We land in Ho Chi Minh Feb 21st, are planning 3 nights in (Ho Chi Minh), then a flight to Da Nang or Hue. We have allowed 6 nights in Central Vietnam, then fly to Hanoi from Da Nang or Hue. Question - What would be our best travel itinerary and transport options for our 6 nights in Central Vietnam? We arn't overly interested in history or architecture, rather markets ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,766 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 20/10/2007 at 09:00

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page