Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

If you're a first time visitor to Vietnam, we'll point you to the Ha Long Bay thread for points to keep in mind when selecting the right Ha Long Bay tour for you. If you've questions about a potential itinerary, do take a look at the itinerary section of the site as well. We'll also apologise in advance for the persistent spamming by Vietnam-based travel agents -- we do try to delete them as quickly as they come in. Sorry!

Vietnam Adventure Travel

Posted by bennyho on 24/8/2007 at 10:13

Who some of you like adventure travel. I myself like it alot. Anyone help me with some tips of Vietnam adventure travel? Thanks all!!! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,876 times, with no replies.

Great Tailor in Hoi An

Posted by notacrime on 23/8/2007 at 15:29

We were in Hoi An for a week, and left about 5 days ago. When we were planning our visit we were interested in the idea of tailoring, but didn't really know what that entailed and how to go about it. As it turned out we had a wonderful experience with a tailor that was recommended elsewhere on this forum. We ended up spending about $300 on clothes, and a further $90 shipping two thirds of them home because they didn't fit in our backpacks! The variety of tailors in Hoi An is overwhelming when yo ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,120 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CatBa on 23/8/2007 at 19:39

Hotels in Saigon

Posted by JenDVM on 22/8/2007 at 03:51

I'm travelling to Saigon in early October and would appreciate any suggestions for places to stay - up to $20 per night and close to main areas of interest in Saigon as I'll only be there for 2 days, Thanks much, Jen ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,130 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/8/2007 at 10:34

Phu Quoc Bungalow...Beach Club or Mai House

Posted by ladytravelbug on 21/8/2007 at 08:58

My husband and I will be going to Vietnam later this year and are planning on spending the last couple of days on Phu Quoc. Which Bungalows do you reccomend? Beach Club or Mai House? They both look pretty good and Beach Club a bit cheaper, but not sure about how clean, comfortable or how nice the beaches are. Any thoughts? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,986 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 23/8/2007 at 10:15

Phu Quoc in August

Posted by lexa on 1/8/2007 at 11:28

I'm trying to determine whether it will be possible/worthwhile to snorkel on/around Phu Quoc in early-mid August. Does anyone have any information about this? I've heard conflicting reports about weather and visibility at this time of year. I understand that the dry season, obviously, would be better, but am interested to know if it's even worth bringing my snorkel gear with me at this time of year. Any other thoughts/suggestions about Phu Quoc would also be appreciated! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,434 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 22/8/2007 at 16:06

Reasonable Hanoi to Siem Reap flight in December?

Posted by smartcookie on 17/8/2007 at 12:23

Hi, Does anyone know when and where I can get the best deal on a flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap on December 4, 2007 (one-way)? The only site that has it online is Expedia via Vietnam Airlines, but it's $227 plus $25 paper ticket fee (e-ticket not available, though I know this airline offers this option in general). Do Vietnam Airlines ever have specials? When would be the best time to buy? What's a reasonable price for one-way ticket in early December? Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 5,032 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by smartcookie on 21/8/2007 at 02:19

HCMC-Phnom Penh

Posted by hiong on 17/8/2006 at 12:09

Hi there, Thnks for the inputs and suggestions on my last posts!! OK now, from Hanoi-Hue is by train. Spending one night, then go straight to Hoi An. A couple of nights then head to Da Nang to catch the almost 24 hours train to HCMC (arriving before mid-day). I'm thinking of skipping HCMC and going directly to Phnom Penh via Cau Doc. From every source that I read, it seems like an easy and quite a hassle-free trip, is this true? How many times/day is it and there are lots of agents doing this ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,492 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by CatBa on 20/8/2007 at 07:41

Hoi An Trails Resort

Posted by runninggirlmelbourne on 16/8/2007 at 15:23

Hi, can anyone please help me with feedback on this hotel as well as an email address? Their website is currently under construction apparently. Much appreciated. Cheers, trish ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,462 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CatBa on 20/8/2007 at 07:34

day trip from Hanoi

Posted by lc60 on 7/8/2007 at 11:45

Hi there, I'm travelling to Hanoi en route to Australia (only for a week, unfortunately) in January with my daughter. We will definitely book a tour of Halong Bay (with Handspan??) and are mostly going to spend the rest of the time getting to know Hanoi a little. However, I'm wondering about the possibility of travelling, as a day trip, to ninh binh/hoa lu/tam coc. How feasible (and easy!) is this to organise from Hanoi by myself, or would you recommend I try to do it with a guide/ ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,662 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by fitzlee on 18/8/2007 at 03:23

Anan Hotel Saigon

Posted by pauly on 4/2/2007 at 14:22

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?Will be in Saigon mid March and hope to stay there.Was the service and room OK?Thanks.Paul. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,370 times, with 7 replies. Last reply by themudblood on 15/8/2007 at 07:23

Best Travel Season to Vietnam

Posted by chopin on 14/8/2007 at 20:52

Can someone tell me what's the best months to travel to Vietnam? When are the dry, wet, cold, and hot seasons? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,291 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 15/8/2007 at 07:16

Cambodia to Phu Quoc

Posted by jstroke on 13/8/2007 at 17:58

I may check out Shinoukville but would rather hit Phu Quoc then fly back to HCMC to catch my flight home. Any suggestions? Plan on hitting Siem Reap for a couple days and don't really care too much about Phnom Pehn. Sorry 'bout my spelling. ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,316 times, with no replies.

Hoi An trains? Mui Ne?

Posted by travelian on 22/7/2007 at 09:21

Hello there, I'm wondering where the closest train station to Hoi An is. We want to train overnight to the Mui Ne area, do we have to go back to Danang? Actually, that leads me to my next question... where's the closest train station to Mui Ne? Thanks ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,932 times, with 6 replies. Last reply by CatBa on 13/8/2007 at 02:15

Easy Riders Nha Trang and Dalat

Posted by Jogilroy on 11/8/2007 at 19:38

Easy Riders are a group of motorbike tourguides who work independently of any travel agency or tour group. For a small fee (approx 40 US dollars per day) they will take you wherever you desire showing you the real Vietnam on the way While travelling in Thailand we had heard of these guys - one of them approached us in Nha Trang we signed up without a moments hesitation taking the recommendations we had recieved into consideration... and we had the best 5 days and nights of our whole SE Asia t ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,863 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by CatBa on 12/8/2007 at 03:33

Mui Ne >> Can Tho

Posted by talke on 10/8/2007 at 17:28

We want to travel from Mui Ne to Can Tho, if possible within one day, without staying another night in HCMC in between. Any good suggestions? Or otherwise - anybody in Mui Ne right now who wants to leave on Sunday (12th of August) as well (either Can Tho or sth on the way) and would like to share a car? Would also be happy about any suggestions on good hotels in Can Tho. Thanks! ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 4,354 times, with 1 reply. Last reply by somtam2000 on 10/8/2007 at 21:14

hotel feedback

Posted by steveandlesley on 3/8/2007 at 09:06

We have filled out a feedback form for every hotel that we have stayed in so far in Vietnam, but none of our feedback has appeared !! is there a problem?? ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,566 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by steveandlesley on 9/8/2007 at 09:52

Siagon to Phnom Phen

Posted by steveandlesley on 7/8/2007 at 10:12

How easy is it to get from Siagon to PP by boat ? has anyone done this recently ? any recomendations for agents in Siagon ? Many thanks Stev and Lesley ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 3,229 times, with 3 replies. Last reply by dplast on 8/8/2007 at 23:48

LOOKING FOR TOUR AROUND MEKONG

Posted by RKL on 7/8/2007 at 21:25

Hello!!! First of all thanks to everybody for your comments in this forum, you help me so much to find some information for make my trip. Do you know tour operator or travel agencies for to pay and make a tour around mekong? Only 2 or 3 days. I know there are a lot of and I'm not sure what to shoose. I sow some by internet but very expensive I think (3 days/2 night tour for 210$). I want to find a trustworthy agency if it's possible. Thanks to all for your help. RAQUEL FROM BARCELONA ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,937 times, with 2 replies. Last reply by RKL on 8/8/2007 at 01:43

mountain biking in sapa!

Posted by LaurenCD on 5/8/2007 at 20:19

hiya! anyone up for mountain biking in sapa? i'm travelling alone so it'd be nice to have some company (plus the more of us there are, the cheaper it gets...). i'd be looking to leave on 6th/7th august. kind of soon i know, but if you happen to be around just get in touch! lauren ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 1,487 times, with no replies.

Mountain biking in Sapa Baguette and Chocolate Cafe Hotel

Posted by bksmith69 on 29/7/2007 at 09:46

Has anyone stayed here or eaten here? It is a place for the underprivelaged to start their careers and then move on to the larger hotles. I want to stay there for this reason, but curious at the same time if anyone else has tried. Has anyone been mountain biking in Sapa? We are going on our own and wanted to either rent/ join a group there in Sapa for a day or two. Any suggestions? Any information on the terrain? Thanks. Kerri ...

Read the full post.

Viewed 2,333 times, with 4 replies. Last reply by LaurenCD on 5/8/2007 at 20:16

Browse more pages of the forum:
Top of page

Please login to add a new post

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a post to the forum. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.

Top of page