Sokha Beach, Sihanoukville

Sokha Beach, Sihanoukville

Sokha Beach, Sihanoukville


So calm!

Taken on: 27th July, 2003. Copyright: All Rights Reserved - See travelfishery's page of Flickr

Read more about Sokha Beach

With its radiant stretch of white sand and clear shallow waters, Sokha Beach wins our vote for the most eye-pleasing and relaxing beach in Sihanoukville.

The beach is backed by the huge Sokha Beach Resort, the first — though no doubt, not the last — truly flash hotel to plunk down in Sihanoukville. Although it's a shame to see one resort dominate the sand, at least they look after it well: the beach is near-always clean and the water sparkling. There is a very shallow drop off here, so you can wander a long way out into the water before it gets deep, making it ideal for those with young children.

The resort has 80% of the beach reserved for guests, which leaves only the 20% near Malibu Bungalows open to the public. Beyond the giant dragon's tale that marks the end of Sokha terrain (the goofy head can be seen ... Read our complete Sokha Beach travel guide

More images

Sokha Beach, Sihanoukville