- Always travel with your proper identification while traveling in a train or flight.
- Always carry a hat or shades for protection from the harsh Sun.
- When hiring a taxi from airports or railway stations get a prepaid taxi.
- In summers Agra is hot, plain cottons are the most practical and coolest.
- Women travelers are expected to be modestly dressed
- In monsoons, an umbrella comes in handy
- In winters, woolens or warm clothing is essential at nighttime.
- To enter a holy shrine, women should wear a long skirt, dress or trousers.
- Avoid tight fitting or revealing clothes especially when traveling alone
- Beware of touts and tricksters cheating tourists.
- Do not accept any type of food from strangers while traveling on trains and busses.
- Eating at roadside cafes can be risky because of unhygienic cooking environments.
- Drinking tap water can be a health hazard. It is best to carry mineral water bottles bought from a reliable store. In summer, extreme heat can cause heat strokes and dehydration, take enough fluids.
- Dwarikadheesh Temple
- Jai Gurudev Ashram
- Vishram Ghat (Mathura's main ghat)
- Durvasa Rishi Ashram
- Kans Tila
- Rangeshwar Mahadev Mandir
- Bhooteshwar Mahadev Mandir
Travelfish contributions by deepak2789
The first number represents the total number of published reviews by deepak2789. The bracketed figure is submitted reviews -- reviews may not be published for editorial reasons or may be removed because the property concerned has been delisted from Travelfish or has closed.
Life according to deepak2789
Read deepak2789's blog
10 Tips for Indian Pilgrims
Published 4:01 am, 17 Dec 2013
India is rightly known as the land of spirituality, which has been the birthplace of a number of religions. Some of these religions are existent even today all around the world. It is well-known that the people of India strongly follow their religious beliefs, rituals and age-old traditions.
Destinations Traveled While Muktinath Pashupatinath Darshan Yatra
Published 12:16 am, 31 Aug 2013
Agra Tourist Attractions - Taj Mahal
Published 3:42 am, 19 Aug 2013
Mathura - City of Historic And Ancient Temples
Published 4:39 am, 13 Aug 2013
Top 5 Magnificent Temples in South India
Published 4:50 am, 8 Aug 2013