- Leaving Laos! What was supposed to be a trip of a few...
- Beauty In Simple Things, #1 I was photographing at a hospital in Laos with the...
- Laotian Boy: 1, Water Buffalo: 0 Yeah, looks can be deceiving. Especially when his looks are...
- Four Days Left Until The StartSomeGood Campaign Ends! Help Us Reach $10,000!!! And here we go StartSomeGood… $10,000 is getting closer… closer!...
- Book. Bomb? ...
- Three Days Left Until The StartSomeGood Campaign Ends! Help Us Reach $10,000!!! It is almost in reach… $10,000 at StartSomeGood and 100...
- StartSomeGood Campaign Ends Today! Help Us Reach $12,000!!! Today is it! The last day of the campaign is...
- Apocalypse Now Redux, Redux. NSFS (Not Safe For Squeamish) I’ve been in Xamtai, Laos, waiting on authorization from the local...
Travelfish contributions by thinkstopthink
The first number represents the total number of published reviews by thinkstopthink. The bracketed figure is submitted reviews -- reviews may not be published for editorial reasons or may be removed because the property concerned has been delisted from Travelfish or has closed.
Life according to thinkstopthink
Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, Germany, Thailand
Read thinkstopthink's blog
Production Photos: Lone Buffalo Film Crew!
Published 10:10 am, 19 Apr 2015
With all the excitement of the our film being shown at the Vientianale Film Festival (a group of Lone Buffalo students made an Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) awareness film for youngsters) I had been remiss in posting some of the photos of the crew and production. (For photos of the students at the film festival, see […]
Travel and Travail in Laos
Published 9:30 am, 8 Apr 2015
Or should I have titled this post Travel is Travail in Laos? I’m doing a video shoot for an NGO and one of the field staff and I were headed north from Vientiane to Phonsavan—the first leg of a six leg trip. And the worst leg: ten hours of getting battered around in what was in its previous […]
Lone Buffalo at the Vientianale Film Festival
Published 11:00 am, 26 Mar 2015
Finally! Here is the video and some photos of the Lone Buffalo students at the 2015 Vientianale Film Festival, where they presented their Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) awareness film Haam Jap! (Don’t Touch!) to a standing room only theater! If you can’t see the video above, click here. Only two of the students had ever been to the Capitol, […]
JWPA On National Public Radio Website!
Published 10:45 am, 11 Mar 2015
I woke up the other morning to find an email from a good friend of mine, Nathaniel. He sent me a nice little surprise: an article on America’s National Public Radio (NPR) about the man, Manophet, that was the impetus for the creation of the school in Laos, The Lone Buffalo Foundation, where I volunteer. […]
Published 11:45 am, 8 Mar 2015
I’ve always felt comfortable—if not occasionally a bit of a spectacle—in remote villages in Laos. When a Hmong-American English teacher asked me if I would like to visit her grandmother in her village about 15 kilometers outside of Phonsavan, I jumped at the chance. She was wonderful. Not only did she warm up to me quickly, […]