- My New Project, Direct From The Plain Of Jars in Laos It has been six months in the making and the...
- Book. Bomb? ...
- New: Plain of Jars Project //www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCtrzk_bWZQ If you can’t see the video above, please...
- Jeff Frost: Story of Abstract Ritual — Circle of Abstract Ritual Some time ago I came across the work of Jeff...
- Modern Ruin: White Hole Modern Ruin: White Hole ~ Modern Ruin: Black Hole I’ve...
- The Platinotypist “A little African story” Continuing the theme of Tuesday’s post about alternative printing processes...
- A Glimpse Into: Myanamar My friend Bill Livingston, a somewhat cantankerous filmmaker, always manages...
Travelfish contributions by thinkstopthink
The first number represents the total number of published reviews by thinkstopthink. The bracketed figure is submitted reviews -- reviews may not be published for editorial reasons or may be removed because the property concerned has been delisted from Travelfish or has closed.
Life according to thinkstopthink
Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, Germany, Thailand
Read thinkstopthink's blog
Alex Timmermans’ Escape To Nature
Published 8:00 pm, 29 Oct 2014
My photographic interests are fairly broad, from modern digital all the way back to the antique or alternative processes. That’s why I was very happy to see this short video Escape To Nature about Alex Timmermans and his wet plate collodion photography. It was shot by Patrice Lesueur, and is beautiful in its own right. Take a look… If […]
Robert Sarazin Blake — Workin’ The Crowd
Published 10:45 am, 8 Oct 2014
It had been a long time since I had seen my old friend Robert Sarazin Blake play, and I hadn’t yet seen him with his new band The Put It All Down In A Letters. The band is tight and Robert is better than ever. His music used to be described as folk punk, but I always […]
RIP: Fred Branfman, And An Image In Your Name
Published 4:16 pm, 2 Oct 2014
I’ve been thinking a lot the last few days. Fred Branfman, a person who I consider a true American hero (and I do not use the term hero often—sadly it has become watered down from overuse—and misuse), passed away last week. And, in addition to the sadness I felt, I felt a pang of guilt. […]
Jeff Frost: Circle Of Abstract Ritual
Published 5:00 pm, 18 Sep 2014
This film took 300,000 photos, riots, wildfires, paintings in abandoned houses, two years and zero graphics to make. It changed my entire life. -Jeff Frost As I mentioned here, Circle Of Abstract Ritual by Jeff Frost is an amazing use of time-lapse photography. He’s released the video on Vimeo where it has already garnered the Staff Pick Award. […]
Jeff Frost: Story of Abstract Ritual — Circle of Abstract Ritual
Published 11:00 am, 9 Sep 2014
Some time ago I came across the work of Jeff Frost — part photographer, part videographer, part alchemist. Media and metaphysics—two of my favorites. Not long ago he had a Kickstarter campaign. He had me at: It’s art for the sake of art. And I sent in what I could afford. Best money I’ve spent […]
The post Jeff Frost: Story of Abstract Ritual — Circle of Abstract Ritual appeared first on Jon Witsell Photographic Arts.