- Blade Runner-ish — And The Oddest Use Of A Great Movie Quote Ever I went to Chinatown in Bangkok yesterday. I had been...
- From The Archive: Triptych From The Production Of “The Arm” I shot some set photos for a small horror...
- Feeling Apocalypse Now Ever have one of those moments that strongly reminds you...
- New Camera, Old Process: Leica Monochrom And Platinum Palladium Prints By Manuel Gomes Teixeira This is a wonderful video on mixing a late 1800s...
- From The Archives: Modern Dance In Brooklyn This is a photograph of a dancer I took during...
- Free Panorama: Lumpini Park PDF And High Resolution Print File Today felt like a day to give away a free...
Travelfish contributions by thinkstopthink
The first number represents the total number of published reviews by thinkstopthink. The bracketed figure is submitted reviews -- reviews may not be published for editorial reasons or may be removed because the property concerned has been delisted from Travelfish or has closed.
Life according to thinkstopthink
Mexico, Costa Rica, Japan, Germany, Thailand
Read thinkstopthink's blog
Chaos Reigns and Laff
Published 11:00 am, 7 Jan 2014
Testing out a new plug-in and decided I might as well post these bits of films that I really, umm, like… The first is the audio of a “laff” from Harmony Korine’s bizarro movie Trash Humpers. The second is a short clip of the Chaos Reigns scene from Lars von Trier’s movie Antichrist. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2ooG_MX9E Chaos Reigns and Laff.
No Words, #6
Published 11:00 am, 31 Dec 2013
No Words, #6.
The Platinotypist “A little African story”
Published 11:00 am, 26 Dec 2013
Continuing the theme of Tuesday’s post about alternative printing processes is another short video, The Platinotypist, about the platinum palladium printing process. What appeals to me very much about working with alternative materials is the hands-on nature of the process. Unless you are printing digital negatives, the process doesn’t require a computer and only a minimal amount […]
New Camera, Old Process: Leica Monochrom And Platinum Palladium Prints By Manuel Gomes Teixeira
Published 11:00 am, 24 Dec 2013
This is a wonderful video on mixing a late 1800s printing process with a Leica Monochrom digital camera. I’ve long been a fan of alternative printing processes and have taken classes in cyanotype and gum bichromate printing. I think my next venture into that alchemical realm will be wet-plate collodion, but that means another camera and […]
No Words, #5
Published 10:39 pm, 23 Dec 2013
No Words, #5.