What we like, what we don't
We are interested in lively stories focusing on travel in Southeast Asia. If you pepper your story with active verbs, go easy on the adjectives and don't include more words than necessary to get your tale across, we may be interested.
What we like
We will pounce on stories that focus on:
- Travel to remote areas;
- Volunteering or giving something back to the community;
- Unusual or challenging travel, such as bicycling from Yala to Udon Thani;
- Instructive pieces, for example, how to catch a plane in Thailand.
- Australian/British English;
- Cannot have been previously published elsewhere;
- 800 words or less;
- Should be accompanied by three to four photos (no additional payment for these);
- We credit you, supply email and link to your website if you wish.
- You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual license to reproduce the piece (including photos) in any way we see fit;
- We reserve the right to edit your story;
- We reserve the right to derive income from the story.
- We pay -- not New York Times' rates, but significantly higher than what some of our online competitors pay.
Contact us first
- Do not send unsolicited stories -- they will be ignored;
- Get in touch and tell us what you have in mind. If we're interested, you'll hear from us pretty promptly.
Please click here to make contact.
The bottom line
- About Travelfish
- Getting listed
- Legal stuff
Sign up for Travelfish Burp!
Our weekly wrap on Southeast Asian travel.
Click here to see a recent newsletter.