Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

How's the weather where you're standing?

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/11/2010 at 14:43 admin

I've just added a small new feature in that gives the weather today and the four-day forecast for a bunch of destinations covered on Travelfish. You'll see it in the right column when available. Has a pretty pic, the general conditions and the temperature range in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

You can see some examples here: Ko Samui Chaweng Beach Mukdahan and Hanoi . The info is supplied by Google, who I think in turn grabs it from WeatherUnderground.

Some popular places, notably Ko Tao, doesn't have data, but in those kind of cases, use the "destinations nearby" in the left column to pick a bigger centre nearby (they're ordered by proximity, upto 200km away) to see if you can find the weather.

I wouldn't plan the construction of a house around these snippets, but if you were trying to decide between say Ko Samui and Phuket over the next few days, the weather is looking a bit better on the west coast :)

Cheers!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,707
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 14/11/2010 at 15:33

Nice!

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.