Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Travel research jobs - with Travelfish

Posted by somtam2000 on 10/1/2007 at 08:06 admin

We're looking for a couple of Thailand-based travel writers. If any of the following sound familiar, then we'd love to hear from you.

1) You love to travel
2) You need to look at every flophouse in town before settling on a room
3) You draw up a sketch map of most spots you visit
4) You travel with sixteen guidebooks, hate them all and know you could do better
5) You write bar reviews on the back of coasters
6) You write long letters to your Mum and when you get home she says you should have been a travel writer
7) You read bus timetables -- just for fun
8) You collect bus, boat and plane tickets but you don't know why
9) You keep a travel blog
10) You love to travel

For more information, please see the jobs page. Positions are for immediate start and there's considerable scope for regional travel after an initial trial period.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by steviej on 10/1/2007 at 08:12

I wish....................... :-[

;-)

#2 steviej has been a member since 18/3/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 266
 Send steviej a private message   Where has steviej been?   Website 

Posted by skinnylatte on 11/1/2007 at 03:41

OMG I'm guilty on ALL counts.. except that I don't live in Thailand (well, a cheap flight away)!

#3 skinnylatte has been a member since 19/7/2005. Posts: 57
 Send skinnylatte a private message   Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/1/2007 at 06:16 admin

Hey Skinny,

We're actually expanding our coverage to your slice of the world this year -- I'll be in touch off-list.

How was your trip btw?

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,710
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by skinnylatte on 11/1/2007 at 20:35

Trip was great. Bangkok always is. This time I planted myself in soi Ari — living there was excellent for my gluttony. It's such a great area! Wish I had more time for Laos and Krabi/Phi Phi, but it's back to school.. Hope baby and mother (and you, of course) are getting along fine!

#5 skinnylatte has been a member since 19/7/2005. Posts: 57
 Send skinnylatte a private message   Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.