Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

The Site Generally

Posted by lifemagic on 7/2/2012 at 07:54

Not sure if this is the right thread to talk about the site generally.

I'm grateful for it, the info, pics, occasional maps, user reviews, and it's all free of course. I travel around a lot and like to take part, so leave reviews.I'm careful to let you know of good experiences as well as bad, and when negative, I stick to the facts. But my reviews, recently, don't show up.

I'm just back from Surat Thani. I went and looked at most of the places there. The guide (on this site) is really outdated, pricewise, and one place is long since closed down (I've left feedback, but will that be added?).

It's fair enough you can't pay people to be traveling round checking everything each year, but you need to allow sensible updates from users when they come.

Anyway, hope it's OK to say this. I still like the site and will use it. It's just a bit frustrating when I try and take part and feel ignored.

#1 lifemagic has been a member since 19/7/2007. Posts: 5

Posted by somtam2000 on 7/2/2012 at 19:05 admin

Thanks -- they've been published (except for the closed one as we'll just remove the review). Reviews are generaly published weekly, though given we're in the middle of moving house and I've been travelling a lot lately, we've slipped. More will get released later today.

Realise some of the southern stuff is old, but in the South in the last few monthes we've updated all of Trang, Satun and Phuket provinces along with adding Ko Phayam in the north. Being edited at the moment is Samui and another writer is about to start on the rest of the Andaman coast.

It's a gradual thing and as you say it's difficult to update everywhere all the time - we're working on it :-)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,564
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lifemagic on 8/2/2012 at 09:04

Fair enough, thanks for replying. I only mentioned this as the site is so useful and it was frustrating not being able to help keep it up to date. But you're obviously on top of it all!

#3 lifemagic has been a member since 19/7/2007. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.