Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Posted by shutupbecky on 24/5/2012 at 09:16

When I first visited Travelfish, I was pretty excited. It was like discovering a treasure trove of information. However, that initial excitement is gone because I've noticed that much of the information is very old. That's not to say that the information isn't useful -it's better than nothing- but it makes me question how reliable the information is. What's happening (or not happening) to this website?

#1 shutupbecky has been a member since 8/5/2012. Posts: 4
 Send shutupbecky a private message 

Posted by busylizzy on 24/5/2012 at 20:27

Becky - some areas are more up to date than others. Laos (when I looked last year) was very outdated in some respects, but other areas are very current (eg Indonesia). It depends on where the TF researchers are based. at the time.

TF is a small outfit and SEA is a big area to cover and I think the battle between trying to get new areas covered and old areas updated is a constant challenge.

But even though some info is a bit outdated (eg prices, transport times, etc), I still found (and continue to find!) TF an excellent resource for trip planning.

And you will generally find the forum members very helpful if you have specific questions about anything.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,153
 Send busylizzy a private message   Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/5/2012 at 19:07 admin

Hi Becky,

As Lizzs says, depends where you are looking at -- in the last coupla month we've published comprehensive updates for Ko Samui, Mondulkiri, some parts of northern Thailand, Nong Khai, southwest Thaialnd and a few other bits and bobs. Other sections, eg Ko Chang, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao for eg are in need of updating -- we're working on it.

Also, take a look at the blogs section - we publish roughly150 new stories there a month, from across the region.

Hope that helps

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,644
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.