Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Spammed via PM by CityAdvisorInfo

Posted by thinkstopthink on 4/4/2013 at 08:02

These douchebags are spamming via PM:

Hello! Welcome to the website for active and independent travelers! snip We trust people, not travel books, so if you like to travel and want to know the latest information from local residents or you yourself can share their experiences and give advice to travelers, we invite you to register!

#1 thinkstopthink has been a member since 11/12/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 24
 Website   Twitter   Flickr    Google+ 

Posted by busylizzy on 4/4/2013 at 16:06

I've reported your post to Somtam to make him aware - he can block this user. I already reported one of CityAdvisor's post as spam.

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/4/2013 at 17:20 admin

Ok they've been banned -- what absolute douchebags.

thinkstopthink I've edited your post slightly to remove the URL -- wouldn't want to send them any visitors at all.

Apologies to any and all who received the spam PMs -- first time for everything and I guess they're not doing so well if they have to try and grab readers in this fashion.

Or perhaps their lack of readers has something to do with the quality of their content. On Bangkok:

"Bangkok as the city is listed in the Guinness Book of Recondo."

I rest my case.

Apols again & thanks to those who reported it here and to me directly by email.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,575
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 4/4/2013 at 19:00

Hey Somtam - I noticed that I'm not getting email notifications for new PM's. I'm sure that I used to.... Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed?

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by thinkstopthink on 4/4/2013 at 19:54

Guinness Book of Recondo

Ha! That's classic! Maybe it is a book in Mexico that we aren't aware of?

"El Guido Book of Recondo"

:)

#5 thinkstopthink has been a member since 11/12/2012. Location: Earth. Posts: 24
 Website   Twitter   Flickr    Google+ 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.