Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Travelfish and Facebook

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/6/2007 at 19:03 admin

In a series of bouts of procrastination over the last few evenings I've been sucked into the Facebook vortex. I'm not sure I've yet figured out what the purpose of it is, but I figured out how to create a Travelfish.org Facebook group -- and have done so. So if there's any Travelfish fans out there on Facebook, please feel free to join the group, and explain what exactly the purpose of the whole thing is!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 21/6/2007 at 19:05 admin

Forgot to mention you have to be already logged into facebook to be able to see the group -- don't you hate it when websites make you do that!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by donnaansell on 1/10/2007 at 21:49

I love Facebook, so I'll definitely look up your group and join!! I mostly use it for getting in touch with old friends that I never would have found otherwise.

However you do end up getting sucked into all the applications like pirates, zombies, superwall, graffiti etc.

Its just a great way to keep in touch with friends when you don't live near them and don't have much time, it only takes a few seconds to send them a drink, gift or hug through Facebook, however to type a long email always seems to take me ages!! Plus you get to share each others photos albums so anyone else in your friends group can see each others photos, so if you're in a big group of friends its a lot easier than having to access different photo sharing websites.

Anyway I'm rambling on now (anyone would think I worked for them or something eh!!) Well I love it anyway!!

#3 donnaansell has been a member since 17/9/2007. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.