Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

status in forum?

Posted by cybervlad on 26/9/2007 at 19:14

Hello,
I didn't quite understand the status system in forum :)
tuk-tuk driver, motodop, backpaker, flashpacker etc.
Is status depend on number of messages?

#1 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 26/9/2007 at 21:05 admin

Hi Vlad,

Or should I say noodle lady? ;-)

You're correct, the status titles are tied to the number of posts -- nothing more nothing less. Every now and then I change them, but at the moment they're as follows:

longtail driver
backpacker
motodop
flashpacker
noodle lady
tourist
tout
hippy
beach masseuse
traveller
tuk tuk driver
adventurer
som tam seller
tour guide
monk
under-employed
bored expat
saddhu
mahout

I could tell you how many posts each requires, but that would take all the fun out of it :-)

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,565
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by marianwarren on 27/9/2007 at 17:33

Hey Somtam

I feel ripped off - I segued fom newbie to backpacker to traveller and am now earning my keep as a tuk tuk driver - sucking in all that carbon-monoxide for so many posts(isn't that a downgrade!!!) - how come I missed out on the fun stuff???? (i.e. noodle lady [love cooking food], hippy [love opposing the establishment], beach masseuse {love skin contact - but no fatties please).

I think I am ready to step up to the role of (Da Da Da Dah - Da Da Da Dah!) ..."ADVENTURER"

But feel free to continue to keep me in the dark regarding number of posts required.

'There has been a bomb threat at Wat Pho and we offer free tour...

adios

marian

#3 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Posted by cybervlad on 27/9/2007 at 18:30

Hello Somtam,

thanx for explanations :)

#4 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Posted by exacto on 28/9/2007 at 01:09

Marian,

Is that offer for the beach massage still good?

As for me, I'm now selling made-to-order som tam near the corner at MBK. I try to warn the tourists, but they say they want it spicy, just like the Thais.

I think you can tell from my posts on beer that I won't make a good monk. I'm looking forward to those grand levels ahead of under-employed and bored expat. Regards.

#5 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,650
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by marianwarren on 28/9/2007 at 15:43

Exacto

I think to be a beach masseusse you need a beach! - no way my arms can stretch to MBK. I'm aiming for under-employed - bored expat sounds a tad colonially pompous.

ciao

Marian

#6 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Posted by marianwarren on 28/9/2007 at 16:58

Plus I can't see myself with dreads, ashes and wearing orange (wrong skin tone) - so not aiming for saddhu.

Mahout...? Have you seen 'The Protector' Thai/Aust martial art movie starring Tony Jaa? Good stuff with lots of familiar scenery for an ex-Bangkok resident!

háblele pronto

Marian

#7 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.