Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Creating and downloading guides

Posted by chrissyrah1982 on 20/8/2014 at 03:44

Possibly being very dense here but I can't work out where I create personalised guides nor how I can download/extract anything currently on here. The only option I can see is the 52 week free ebook. I'm going to Singapore, Bali, Sydney and Dubai on honeymoon (in 2 weeks) and wanted to take some information to read and reseacrh. Any help and/or guidance would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you....

Christine (Newbie)

#1 chrissyrah1982 has been a member since 20/8/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by DLuek on 20/8/2014 at 04:52 TF writer

1. Make sure you're logged in.
2. Click on "Member Centre" at the top right of the screen.
3. Click on "Free Travel Guides" at the bottom of the list at the left of the screen.
4. Click "Build a new guide".
5. Pick a place from the drop down list and customize it as you wish by checking (or un-checking) the boxes.
6. Click "Bake it" and you'll be redirected to your personal guide library, where you can download and print your guides by clicking on them.

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,325
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by antoniamitchell on 21/8/2014 at 01:13

WHAT?!! I had no idea you could do that on this site - thank you DLuek!!!!!!
(I can't believe I spend hours copying and pasting into a separate document so I could load the Burma content on this site onto my kindle for my recent trip... d'oh!)

#3 antoniamitchell has been a member since 13/5/2012. Posts: 546
 Where has antoniamitchell been?   Website   Twitter 

Posted by DLuek on 21/8/2014 at 09:17 TF writer

Hahaha glad you got it sorted now Antonia. I think the whole free guides aspect of the site is underrated / overlooked. You can download 'em onto a tablet or laptop, print and pack 'em before your trip, and generally grab the ones you need whenever you need 'em, so long as you can find some internet. The ability to do all of that is what first made me appreciate Travelfish back when I was on a long trip in 2009.

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,325
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.