Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

What happened to the Wires?

Posted by daawgon on 17/1/2015 at 10:58

I haven't seen any new Wires in quite some time - has this feature been dropped?

#1 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159
 Send daawgon a private message   Facebook  

Posted by UsTwo on 17/1/2015 at 18:03

I've been wondering the same. I really miss Sarah's HaNoi posts.

#2 UsTwo has been a member since 22/4/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 72
 Send UsTwo a private message 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by somtam2000 on 17/1/2015 at 18:14 admin

They're still being produced regularly but going into the main destination guide rather than into the wires section. We did this because we had ended up producing two separate sections of the site to the same place (ie in the destination guide AND in the wires) so if you wanted something about Hanoi or Vientiane for eg you needed to look in two places.

Here's some examples of wire stuff in the destination guide that we published Friday/yesterday:

2 or 3 days on Halong Bay (now in Hanoi sights)
Great beaches on PhuQuoc (Phu Quoc sights)
Terrace of Elephants (Angkor sights)
Ao Talo Wao historic trail - (Tarutao sights - I liked this one :-)
Exploring BulonLae on foot (Bulon Lae sights)

I know we need a feed on the front page for this kind of thing - sorry, like many things, it is coming!

In the meantime Sam generally lists them on the Facebook page which I know is less than ideal, but, please bear with us.

Cheers!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,003
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by DLuek on 18/1/2015 at 03:10 TF writer

I'd say the newsletter is the best way to see what's being published each week on Travelfish. There hasn't been one for a few weeks (holiday time) but I'm confident it will be reappear soon. ;)

#4 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,325
 Send DLuek a private message   Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by daawgon on 25/1/2015 at 11:31

I think more of the newsletter content should be on the front page, since many don't subscribe.

#5 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 1,159
 Send daawgon a private message   Facebook  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.