Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Quick question re deleted posts and moderation

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/11/2015 at 09:11 admin

Hi all,

As regulars will be aware, our moderation is fairly strict relative to other travel forums. Obvious spam, travel agent rubbish, LM, abuse, threats etc all get nuked quickly.

At the moment the post just vanishes publicly when we delete it.

So my questions is would you prefer to have a placeholder left noting that a post has been deleted?

If so, why?

Bear in mind, if we left a placeholder, it would be templated, ie.,
This post was removed because it was: X

Not personalised, ie.,
I deleted this post because X was misbehaving, used some naughty words and called Y something uncouth.

So on the backend it would be a dropdown: delete because of a,b,c etc.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,003
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by chinarocks on 2/11/2015 at 09:29

I think stating why you deleted something could open a whole new can of worms. It's your site, you delete whatever you want without explanation, if you so wish. If people don't like it then they can go elsewhere.

If someone's post is deleted, I think they will normally know why, even if they proclaim innocence.

#2 chinarocks has been a member since 17/6/2011. Posts: 738

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.