Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

How is accommodation sorted throughout Travelfish?

Posted by maristia on 8/3/2016 at 15:56

Well, I have this doubt that I can't figure out and I haven't found the answer posted anywhere. I don't know how accommodation is sorted in Travelsifh. I love the site, but somehow I don't get the idea when it comes to finding accommodation.
The fact that I'm looking a room in Bangkok doesn't help either ;))

Can anybody help me here?

Thanks! :)

#1 maristia has been a member since 5/1/2016. Location: Argentina. Posts: 10
 Send maristia a private message   Twitter 

Posted by exacto on 8/3/2016 at 21:49

Hi maristia,
Here is one option:
scroll to the top of the page
click on a country name (like Thailand)
scroll all the way to the bottom
click on a place name (like Bangkok)
click on the "sleep" icon near the top of the page
for big places like Bangkok, accommodation is listed by area. so if you want to stay near Silom, for example, you click that and then click the "sleep" icon.
after clicking the "sleep" icon, you can also scroll to the bottom of the page and click where is says to "show a map of ..." (in this case Silom). then click on the bed icons on the map for detailed listings.
I hope that helps. Have fun. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,772
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by maristia on 9/3/2016 at 04:53

Hi exacto. Thanks for the reply. I know and I've been doing what you propose. But the problem is that in the map view you can't know the price range of the hotels, so you have to click in each of them and get to their main page to know.
I just wanted to know how travelfish sorts out the hotel options when it is in the list of the destination.
Thanks!

#3 maristia has been a member since 5/1/2016. Location: Argentina. Posts: 10

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/3/2016 at 15:26 admin

Hi,

I think you got me on Twitter right? Yes, the accommodation is sorted by the researcher's opinion - best to worst.

Cheers!

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,003
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by maristia on 12/3/2016 at 01:19

Haha, yeah Stu. That was me. I posted this before getting you on Twitter. Thanks for both replies!
Just got back to Thailand now after 7 years. How I've missed this place!
Cheers.

#5 maristia has been a member since 5/1/2016. Location: Argentina. Posts: 10

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.