Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Some site wonkiness, sorry

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/5/2018 at 21:13 admin

Hi all,

I’m making a raft of changes to the site at the moment and unfortunately what I had hoped to finish last night, has spilled over into today (and probably tomorrow).

This means you may encounter some slightly weird looking pages, and the occasional broken page. This is temporary!

If you encounter broken pages (that just give an error) or pages that look like they are perpetually stuck on the rinse cycle, please post the links in this thread and I'll take a look.

The changes are mainly revolved around the shortly arriving= (May 25) EU GDPR regulations related to reader privacy, consent and so on, but I'm taking advantage of this to make a number of other changes to the site at the same time.

The end result will be (hopefully) a far faster site, and reader privacy and consent will be comprehensively covered in line with the GDPR regulations.

I'll post separately and in more detail re GDPR once I have finished making the updates—I do think once I’m finished, we’ll be a benchmark for compliance (at least within the travel field).

Cheers!

Stuart

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.