Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Are you interested in being interviewed by Travelfish?

Posted by somtam2000 on 20/12/2018 at 03:11 admin

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say that while we sent the last newsletter of the year earlier this week (miss it? You can read it online here), next year we’re planning on having a new section in the Travelfish newsletter profiling Travelfish members.

Don’t worry, when we say profiling we’re not talking about your home address and next of kin, but rather what you like about travelling in Southeast Asia, where you’re heading to next, what you like (and/or hate) about the region, and so on. Why did you come here the first time? Why did you keep coming? or Why did you stop?!

Interviews would identify you only by your member name, but if you want to give away more, that’s totally up to you. We’re happy to include links to your blog so people can follow your travels (if that’s your kinda thing). Can manage a pic or two as well if you’re not camera-shy.

Why are we doing this? We just thought it would be a good way to highlight what other people love about the region and maybe unearth some spots we’ve never heard of. Interviews would be as long or shot as you’re comfortable with. I'd send you a few questions by email and see where that takes us. As a small token of thanks for your time, we’ll roll over your membership for another year.

Sooooo, as there are 52 weeks in the year, so there are quite a few spots available!

If you’re interested, please either say so in this thread and I'll get in touch, or drop me an email at stuartmcdonald@travelfish.org

Thanks!

Stuart

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by flijten on 21/12/2018 at 16:29

Sounds fun, I'm in!

#2 flijten has been a member since 19/12/2016. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 78

Agoda coupon: Get an extra 7% off selected properties with the coupon code
“Tfishpromo”

Posted by exacto on 22/12/2018 at 02:01

Can we nominate Travelfish researchers and members?

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,772
 Send exacto a private message   Where has exacto been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 22/12/2018 at 02:24 admin

@flijten Great thanks, will be in touch by email next day or so.

@exacto - sure why not, sounds like a good idea? Though I guess if you want to nominate someone else you also need to nominate yourself right? :-)

If anyone wants to nominate a Travelfish researcher, please do—and feel free to suggest questions!

Cheers

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005
 Send somtam2000 a private message   Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by sprovidence on 23/12/2018 at 17:11

We are willing. Have used this site over the last year and getting ready to embark on a 3 month journey

#5 sprovidence has been a member since 18/3/2018. Posts: 1

Posted by tezza on 29/12/2018 at 06:23

yep

#6 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,352
 Website 

Posted by Cord on 30/12/2018 at 11:31

Nice idea. I travelled across SEA w/ travelfish in my pocket last year. Happy to share insights.

Best

#7 Cord has been a member since 11/9/2016. Posts: 1
 Send Cord a private message   Twitter 

Posted by jeannem on 3/1/2019 at 13:27

Hi Stuart

I'd love to chat with you. My 11 year old son and I spent 12 months backpacking through Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam and couldn't have done it without the incredible info on Travelfish. We were so inspired by our trip that we have just continued traveling. I have a blog, but started it after our Asia trip so haven't got much from Asia in there....yet :)
The blog is https://learningtobreatheabroad.com

I'd be only too happy to share our experiences in Asia with you and your readers.
Cheers Jeanne

#8 jeannem has been a member since 2/4/2017. Posts: 13
 Send jeannem a private message   Website   Twitter 

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/1/2019 at 01:37 admin

Hi,

Am sending emails out today with questions. Apologies has taken so long, am in Phnom Penh working on a complete rewrite and just a bit snowed under.

Cheers

Stuart

#9 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005

Posted by somtam2000 on 18/1/2019 at 00:16 admin

The emails have been sent to all above. If you didn’t receive, please let me know.

Cheers!

#10 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005

Posted by sandyfreckle on 18/1/2019 at 02:53

Hi Stuart,

I'm an older guy who still gets out and about within S/E Asia. I appreciate the shorter flight times and usually fly into either Ngurah Rai(3 hours) or Suvarnaphumi(6 and a bit). I'm usually travelling around S/E Asia during the South West WA winters. I would be interested in answering some questions.

Warm regards

Sandy

Regards

#11 sandyfreckle has been a member since 9/11/2010. Posts: 19
 Send sandyfreckle a private message 

Posted by joelmathson on 23/1/2019 at 04:32

Hello, don't know if this is something that is still in the wind, but we would very much like to be interviewed by travelfish. We are a mid-thirties Swedish-German couple currently on the road in Southeast Asia. We are relatively new members but since we have found travelfish we use it a lot. Our trip is six months long and we are currently about one month in. I am blogging about our travels. We have a different level of travel experience so I think our perspectives will be quite different even if we are travelling as a couple. Our current itinerary (subject to change) is Cambodia-Vietnam-Malaysia-Philippines-Indonesia with a little bit of a (perhaps) longer stay in the Philippines because my uncle lives there and I used to work there. Hope that we are not late and will hear from you.

With Regards...

Joel and Elly...

#12 joelmathson has been a member since 23/10/2018. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 23/1/2019 at 09:56 admin

Hi Sandy & Joel & Elly,

Just emailed you both.

Thanks!

Stuart

#13 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 8,005

Posted by lindy0419 on 11/3/2019 at 08:44

Hi Stuart,
My husband and I have been what was once called “shoe-string” travellers over many, many years. Hubby first travelled to Bali in 1973 and I spent 6 months travelling through SE Asia on my own in 1981. We have continued our love for this part of the world, with our last trip in 2018, being 6 amazing months travelling west from East Timor overland to Bali and then up to Sulawesi before heading east to all the major islands (includingKei) to Papua and North Maluku. In our 60’s, we met many wonderful young travellers and soul mates in the older versions. Maybe we have a viewpoint on the changing face of travel over the years (remember the yellow SEA on a Shoestring!), to inspiring everyone to continue to travel authentically in their retirement years. Mungkin! Travel keeps you young!
Incidentally, we stayed in a few of Travelfishes recommended lodgings. Love your style guys! We thoroughly enjoyed Kepa Island and the Wood Graden!
Kind regards,
Lindy and Ludo

#14 lindy0419 has been a member since 14/3/2017. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.